Carroll Shelby - Shelby 427 FE Engine Parts and Services
s
Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby Enterprises Inc.
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2004, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile Shelby 427 Novi 2000 Pulley System with AIR

We are building a 70 Shelby GT500 Convert. Clone (Super-
Street). We nascar tubbed the front end a installed a Mustang 2
R&Psteering setup. The shelby front end was made into a 1 piece
Filp-top front end like a Daytona. The rear was tubed as much as we could and with Myier fender flares, we were able to run 15.5"
x 15 Hoosier prostreets on the back with 5" prostreets on the front . Car has a full 2x4" frame with lower cross-over tubing almost like the Eleanor cars have.Full coil-over ,9" Currie rear end
narrowed 4" with a 40 Spline,Detroit locker runing 3.25 R&P.we
are using a Richmond 6 speed ,lakewood setup for tranny.Car has a 34Gal. Fuel cell in trunk with a flip-top Gas cap located on the top rear pass. fender. Batteries in trunk.
Motor is Shelby's 427 Alum. Stroker motor (454) with a MSD Crank
trigger supercharger box for spark. The 2x4 intake is using a custom built blower hat made out of a Cobra oval air cleaner wrapped in Phonilic with to 660's inside.
What we need is a Pulley setup for this motor. We would prefer
a Billet setup including AIR Conditioning. If any one knows where we can get a pully system in a setup like this, we thank you in advance! Email us here or at bjmustangs@azalea.net
Thanks,
John & Becky Davis (MUSTANGWIZARD)

Old 07-29-2004, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'd try SFiredog in CA as he has created some works of art out there especially in the area of fabricating. His name is Mike and I'll pm you his phone number - I don't think he'll care? Best of luck!
Old 07-29-2004, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

John and Becky,

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for. The body of your message doesn't discuss the supercharger at all. Are you looking for a supercharger system or do you already have supercharger mounting brackets and so on? If you do have a mounting setup, whoever made it should be able to supply you with a pulley system, tensioner, and so on. If you don't have mounting hardware I would find a local fabricator who has experience building custom supercharger systems. I believe there is no off-the-shelf solution available for you at this time.

Hope this helps,

Chris Weisberg
Carroll Shelby Enterprises
(310) 538-2914
Old 07-29-2004, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chris,
Im sorry I didn't make that clear in my post !
We do not have a particular Supercharger setup picked out yet.
We thought we would go with a Novi 2000 or Vortech setup like
you guys are installing on the S.S. Eleanor Cars.That setup would be fine if it was setup to drive an Air Conditioning pulley. Also ,it would have to be a rear exit blower with 1400 or 1500 CFM.7 or 8 Pound Boost.
All this car will ever be is a semi-street , Show car, Shelby meets,& Hot August Nights in RENO--NEVER at the strip!
We are hip deep in CHIBBIE Country here and trying to find
someone close that even knows that Ford & Shelby made a 427
is slim to none! I get responces like : DA, 427's a Chevy motor!!!!! Thanks again for the reply,Chris
Old 07-29-2004, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cobra Automotive has a kit to mount two Paxtons on the front of an FE.

If you haven't bought the blower yet, you could probably get their cooperation in supplying you with the needed bracketry if you offer to buy a blower through them. You're basically looking for the same setup as a dual-Paxton FE, just replacing one Paxton with an AC compressor and the other Paxton with one large enough for your purposes.

Scolll to the bottom of this link for more on Cobra Automotive's dual-Paxton kit

I think ERA also has just completed a dual-Paxton cobra, so they may be able to help you as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: