Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shell Valley Companies

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2016, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shellvalley,427 stroker 525hp
Not Ranked     

will do,thanks, I would love a ERA , but it is just out of my price range
Old 01-04-2016, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Send me a PM when you are ready and we can exchange numbers. It helps to look at a variety of choices so that you have a better idea of which way you want to go. I looked at quite a few different makes before ending up with the ERA.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Just an FYI. I have built several 428 and 427 engines and the key to keeping your engine running cool is to NEVER over bore the block beyond .030. I have owned engines that were bored beyond that tolerance and they would heat up going throug a MacDonalds. The fastest engine I have had in my cobra was a 428 bored .018 over. I put over 4000 race miles on it and regularly drove it in town with NO heating issues.

As far as Shell Valley, Dana and the others build a nice product and have been improving on it for years. Plus their customer support is spot on. I have never owned a SV but have driven many of them and a good rule of thumb on any Cobra is be sure you are putting the best components on it you can and be honest about what you want to do with it......cruises, Dairy Queen Runs, Track Days, etc. these things are head turners and ego inflators so be prepared to enjoy the ride.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 01-04-2016, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

I bought mine prior to the ownership change but have had to deal with customer support with both sets of owners. The new guys are great to deal with.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default not going to needacobra for long

Today I sat in a SV , I didn't get a ride(little to cold ) but I liked what I saw.
so I am only going to needacobra for about 5 more weeks ,then I will have one sitting in my garage. I would like to thank everyone who took the time to help me along with the words of wisdom. Thank You !. now I just need to find out where to get my 408 stroker and what to call myself after I get it.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Clois , cruising and Dairy Queen runs no trackdays in my futrue ,but Watkins Gleen is only an hour away.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEEDACOBRA View Post
Today I sat in a SV , I didn't get a ride(little to cold ) but I liked what I saw.
so I am only going to needacobra for about 5 more weeks ,then I will have one sitting in my garage. I would like to thank everyone who took the time to help me along with the words of wisdom. Thank You !. now I just need to find out where to get my 408 stroker and what to call myself after I get it.
Brent Lykins is quite active on CC as blykins, as well as other forums. His shop is in Kentucky: Lykins Motorsports, LLC

You can also check out the Small Block Talk forum on CC for ideas, suggestions, etc. Small Block Talk - Club Cobra
Old 01-04-2016, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good luck with your decision. You cannot go wrong with Brent, he has a solid reputation as an engine builder. If you are still up in the air concerning whether to go with a small block or big block, let me know and I can take you for a spin, provided the weather is accommodating
Old 01-05-2016, 03:58 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEEDACOBRA View Post
Clois , cruising and Dairy Queen runs no trackdays in my futrue ,but Watkins Gleen is only an hour away.

I see you are in New Milford, PA, if you don't mind the drive, you'll find two groups of Cobra (real and replica) owners with less than a two hour drive. LVSAAC in Bethlehem, PA, and one Sunday a month in Chester NJ the Tri state guys get together for breakfast. Plenty of cars in nice weather, only a few are as crazy as I was to drive them in the winter, still a fantastic resource being able to sit with 10-20 or more Cobra guys and talk nothing but cobras. You'll go in to information overload if you are not careful.

Bill S.

PS: We used to do the 2+ hour drive up to NJ for the breakfasts when we were in PA. Well worth the trip(s).

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 01-05-2016, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks bill, I will look into it , all I know is I can't wait to get started, I just hope I stay on budget so my wife dosen't make me sell my 2011 synergy green camaro ss, oops
did I just say Camaro, I hope they can get along togeter in the garage
Old 01-05-2016, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I can tell you from experience that you will go over budget. Nothing intentional it will just happen. However, here is the upside to pass on to your financial advisor (wife): Your investment may not grow as fast as a 401K but it won't depreciate as fast as a Corvette either. My cobra is 15 years old and I can still almost break even on it,if I ever choose to sell it.

Besides it is hard to put a price on the shear excitement you will get when you drive around the city. Have fun and come back to us with pictures and you can always get some advise around here......some of it may even be benificial to your build.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 01-05-2016, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clois Harlan View Post
However, here is the upside to pass on to your financial advisor (wife): Your investment may not grow as fast as a 401K but it won't depreciate as fast as a Corvette either.
Plus it's a LOT more fun to drive a Cobra than read a 401k statement.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Big Block Small Block ????

I talked to brent today, super nice guy,he answered a bunch of questions for me, I'm just not sure on a 408stroker or 427 fe any input woud be fantastic ,thanks guys, 4 weeks and counting until cobra delivery
Old 01-06-2016, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default FE Motor

You should consider having him build you a 445 ci Fe.... It's a 390 with a 4.25 stroker and a easy 500hp with the right build!! Most people can 't tell a 352 from a 427 unless you know what to look for....
Brent has built several
Jon
Old 02-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Shell Valley Cobra

I had one built and delivered last year. Love it. Lot's of fun! I have owned many muscle cars but nothing will get you the looks like a Cobra! Dana and Travis were great! I have posted a pic as well

js
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2016, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A 390 that is stroked is a very economical way to get a big block. It will have all the power that you need.