Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shell Valley Companies (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shell-valley-companies/)
-   -   Contact Shell Valley (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shell-valley-companies/144987-contact-shell-valley.html)

Daytona Dek 07-10-2021 02:28 AM

Contact Shell Valley

Hi
Anyone know if there is anyone in at SV? I’ve tried contacting them twice on their website email option but no reply each time. Don’t really want to call from the U.K. What’s their email address please?
Thanks.
Dek

EM-0785 07-10-2021 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daytona Dek (Post 1494656)
Hi
Anyone know if there is anyone in at SV? I’ve tried contacting them twice on their website email option but no reply each time. Don’t really want to call from the U.K. What’s their email address please?
Thanks.
Dek

Hi Dek,

I had several email communications with Shell Valley a few years ago when they helped with some parts and parts fab work. You might try the following:

dana@shellvalley.com

travis@shellvalley.com

I'd try Dana's email first, then if needed try Travis (I suppose you could blitz them with both and end up communicating with whomever replies).

Around that same time I received the below email from them, which I believe was prompted from using their website question intake form.
The email address svf@megavision.com is being discontinued. You will only receive this reminder once.
Our new email address is dana@shellvalley.com.
Perhaps you received a similar reply that went into your junk mail or such. It may be a good idea to mention your website form experience to them so they can double check the validity of its email address and/or function.

Best of luck! Brent

Ahshoe 07-10-2021 12:03 PM

There around.... I just had my Cobra delivered to me from them both a week and a half ago

Daytona Dek 07-10-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EM-0785 (Post 1494666)
Hi Dek,

I had several email communications with Shell Valley a few years ago when they helped with some parts and parts fab work. You might try the following:

dana@shellvalley.com

travis@shellvalley.com

I'd try Dana's email first, then if needed try Travis (I suppose you could blitz them with both and end up communicating with whomever replies).

Around that same time I received the below email from them, which I believe was prompted from using their website question intake form.
The email address svf@megavision.com is being discontinued. You will only receive this reminder once.
Our new email address is dana@shellvalley.com.
Perhaps you received a similar reply that went into your junk mail or such. It may be a good idea to mention your website form experience to them so they can double check the validity of its email address and/or function.

Best of luck! Brent

Many thanks Brent I’ve emailed Dana and will hopefully get a response. As you say perhaps their website email is no longer functioning. I will point that out if I get a reply.
All the best.
Dek

Daytona Dek 07-10-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahshoe (Post 1494679)
There around.... I just had my Cobra delivered to me from them both a week and a half ago

That’s good news!
Dek

twobjshelbys 07-10-2021 04:38 PM

Company contacts aside, what are the rules now for bringing a new kit in to the UK? I thought it was practically impossible and that things had to be aged like fine wine. Or Scotch. Or does that apply to "finished" vehicles?

What do you plan to use for a power train?

Daytona Dek 10-14-2021 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daytona Dek (Post 1494686)
Many thanks Brent I’ve emailed Dana and will hopefully get a response. As you say perhaps their website email is no longer functioning. I will point that out if I get a reply.
All the best.
Dek

Hi Brent
Sorry for the delay but I've been having password problems on this site and unable to get in to ask for help. I've had success today though so I just hope it continues! I tried both Dana and Travis' email addresses you gave and nothing from either of them. I even tried again using a different Google email address for myself again without success.
Anyone else got any suggestions? Thanks.
Dek

Daytona Dek 10-14-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1494692)
Company contacts aside, what are the rules now for bringing a new kit in to the UK? I thought it was practically impossible and that things had to be aged like fine wine. Or Scotch. Or does that apply to "finished" vehicles?

What do you plan to use for a power train?

Hi Tony
Sorry for the very much delayed reply. I had login problems with this site which I gather has happened to other people in the past. There aren't any real problems with importing kits as such as long as the import and vat taxes are paid. Once it's built it would have to got through what is called an IVA (individual vehicle approval) inspection which is quite a stringent test for low volume or self built cars here in the UK.
However, I'm the second owner of my Daytona in the UK and was told it was roughly assembled to be crated up to be imported here where it was converted to right hand drive and finished off. I'm keen to contact Shell Valley to actually find out more about the car from any records they may have. I'm pretty sure it has a 351w but not so sure about the drivetrain.
If there are any other SV Daytona owners out there who would like to share information please get in touch. Also I notice I'm the last poster on the SV section prior to today in July. What does this imply? You can be honest! This is not to Tony but everyone.
All the best.
Dek

byron w 10-14-2021 09:20 AM

Hi Dek,

You can always reach Dana at: sales@shellvalley.com. He is a great friend.

Byron

Daytona Dek 10-14-2021 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byron w (Post 1498097)
Hi Dek,

You can always reach Dana at: sales@shellvalley.com. He is a great friend.

Byron

Thanks Byron, appreciate that. Have pinged an email over.
Dek

Daytona Dek 10-14-2021 10:33 AM

Dana has replied! Superb response. Many thanks to you both.
Dek

EM-0785 10-14-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daytona Dek (Post 1498103)
Dana has replied! Superb response. Many thanks to you both.
Dek

Glad to hear you were able to make contact. Best of luck with things. Your persistence should pay off! Brent

byron w 10-14-2021 06:43 PM

you are very welcome Sir.