SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2023, 04:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance-Port fuel injected 427 stroker.
Not Ranked     
Default Fuel tack and Holly Lidar sending unit

Ok We tried replacing the sending unit with the new Lidar Holly unit. Lots of issues and Holly had no answer except it has only been out 6 months. First with FI on the motor the return line was at the top of the tank. Mist obscures the reading fail. Move to the bottom to the tank. Still fail. Works outsdie the car not inside the tank. Went to a new mechanical which still sucks but it is better. Heard lots of Cobra guys could not get this to work.

Now my car fuel tank. There was a racing fuel sell until all the foam baffels went bad. They opened up the tank and pulled them out and welded her back up. Fuel slosh is crazy in the tank. Before 1/2 tank she will sputter on hard Excelleration getting on a highway or last night doing a simple U-turn with 2/3 of tank huge sputter and it sounds horrible. Find a new tank? Whats available? Open it up and add foam baffles or can I add metal baffles to tame it down.

As you can see I have her pretty well sorted out. No over heating when it was 118 on the freeway. I was soaked by the time I got home. People love seeing me out driving it in the heat. Put about 15K into here so far getting all sorted out. Canton Racing Oil Pan- Bell House will still drag on any speed bump even as a snails pace. Car is low but stance looks great. New ECU for the port injection. Just a little fine tuning to do now the car is sort. New gaskets as lots were dry and have all the oil leaks stopped. Breather on the Valve cover needs addressed and run back into the carb to keep the motor clean. New tires and aliment. Now paint correction and good cleaning once it cools off a bit. About ready for a fall long road trip.
Old 07-29-2023, 05:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Red,

I use one of these in my Zephyr wagon with the Holley injected 557. No problems: https://aeromotiveinc.com/tech-help/phantom/ It has 15K on it including road trips and race tracks such as Daytona without any hiccups.

My Cobra with the Holley injected 521 uses a sump in the bottom of the rear of its aluminum fuel tank. It was constructed by an ex-drag racer way before the Phantom appeared on the market. If you like I can give you pictures and details but I think you'll like a Phantom a lot more.

Tom
Old 07-30-2023, 03:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

You need some sort of collector to hold fuel to the pick-up when cornering. Pretty easy to install while building the tank. But you'll need to cut the tank open to install now.

Something like this might help. Works well for a street car, but not enough for racing.
https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/p...rod/prd609.htm

I would also recommend the Holley HydraMat. I have one in my race car and it works really well.

If you're getting a lot of spray from the return line, that's a problem. It tends to aerate the fuel, and that's not good. It can run lean, and the bubbles can damage the injectors.

Use a length of hose to move output closer to the bottom of the tank. Preferably back in to the collector.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto