SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2001, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question

I just ordered my B&B today and in the next few weeks will be ordering many parts from finishling (emblems, steering wheel, seatbelts, few others) and notice that they are listed in the member discounts. I will use finishline anyway but was just wondering what the discount was as I think I will be ordering in excess of 700 dollars worth of items.
Old 01-31-2001, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Shop around before you spend you hard earned dollars. Pick up the two kit car magazines and some times you can find stuff in the hot rod magazines. I've got one of Brians cars also, it's about four years old. Ton's of fun. The only bad thing about owning a snake is that it's never finished, it's only at different stages of being completed. There always something that can be done to it. Also, check with Brian to see if he will match the price on parts that he can supply. He has with me...
Old 01-31-2001, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hi wddp1724:
You could not be dealing with a better company or fellow builder than Enzo at Finishline. He has build 2 kits himself and has a GT40 on order to finish out, so he knows where we are coming from. You will surely get a discount from Enzo as a CC member and also you will find him ready and willing to spend time on the phone answering questions and sending you in the right direction for needed parts. We are all very fortunate to have Enzo among us as he and Paula support our cause every step of the way. Good luck in your build. Ron
Old 02-01-2001, 12:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Finishline is a great place to get parts. I've gotten many things from them to complete my car. You might want to try Mustangs Unlimited as well. They cater mostly to the Mustang crowd (thus the name) but they do carry many items that you can use on your Cobra. They have stuff like steering wheels,emblems,shifter,valve covers,air cleaners,etc..
Also, Tony Branda is another source for Cobra parts. Check them all out and then compare prices, that's what I did.
My $.02

Dave
Old 02-01-2001, 04:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Enzo and Paula are great to deal with, they've got quality parts at fair prices ... and if you screw up an order by ordering the wrong part, they'll take the part back without any grief.

Of all of the places I've ordered parts there is only one place I've *never* had a problem, Finishline.

petek
http://www.birch.net/~petek/cobra
Old 02-01-2001, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Ford 464 C.I.D. 535 H.P.
Not Ranked     
wddp1724, you might find a better price on a few items, but it's not worth the risk! Enzo is the best. In the long run, you will get fair prices and PERFECT dealings with Enzo and Paula. You can not go wrong there
Jerry

Old 02-02-2001, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 2401 street 289 Cobra and CSX 3288 Street "427" Cobra
Not Ranked     
I have purchased many parts for my original Cobras from Enzo, and I haven't had a single disappointment! They are fast, extremely knowledgeable, and have gone to great lengths to find rare parts for me. Other than the meatball that blew off on the first lap at VIR, every part he has ever sold me is doing service full time on the car without a problem. (how do you apply those static cling meatball numbers and get them to stay put?) His service and the way he backs up what he sells is worth it! Jim Maxwell
Old 02-02-2001, 02:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     
Listen to the voices of experience. Enzo & Paula are your ""one stop shop" for all your Cobra accessory needs. If you want to get technical, ask Enzo about Weber linkage. He can talk more trigonometry than my high school math teacher.
Old 02-04-2001, 11:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC Cobra ,351-Cleveland, 375 hp
Not Ranked     
Enzo and Paula at Finish Line are top of the line. Spent 4 times your amount and was satisfied with every piece and returns without questions. I think they suppy parts that a lot of people resale. Summitacing falls into the same class also.

good luck
Rich
racer24
Old 02-04-2001, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     
I have never ordered anything from Finish Line myself but I can say their service is second to none. Are you confused???????

Well my Wife and Father have both ordered from Paula at Finish Line and they don't know anything about Cobras(well the wife says they are a fiberglass moneypit ). They both say Paula has always been helpful with the Christmas and Birthday gifts. She always gives the Club Cobra Discount or just throws something in. Heck Paula even gift wraped my Birthday Gifts from my Dad and she included a really neat gift from Finish Line . They ship the parts out the same day or the next. The packing job is great(I have enough bubble wrap to keep me stress free for a couple of years...I just love to pop the little suckers)

I can only say that you might save a couple of cents with another company but you will miss the pleasure of dealing with a great company and that is rare in the kit car world.

P.S. I have called Enzo and Paula several times and they answered all my questions. I will order everything I can from them as I need it.

Paula if you read this Thank You for the birthday gift. I will cherish it.
Old 02-05-2001, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary-Aluminum 484 FE
Not Ranked     
Finishline & Enzo & Paula are simply the best bar none.
wt
Old 02-05-2001, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I had used Finish Line twice for my Cobra build before becoming a member of CC and was highly satisfied. They even recommended CC to me on my second purchase. On 2-5-01, I ordered more parts from them (approx. $300)and inquired about the "10% member discount" advertised on their banner at this site. I was told it was not available for my order. I bought the parts anyway and will continue to use them if their prices are better; but I'm wondering if there is any truth in advertising.
Jeff.
Old 02-06-2001, 02:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
As always many thanks to all that took the time to reply here. We really appreciate it. It does take the worry out of ordering from a strange place when visitors to the forum read these posts. They mention it to me when they call for catalogs and stuff so again thanks.

Actually, though JE Walt is correct in what he wrote.

When we first joined Club Cobra and Brent put a banner up for us our prices were actually a little higher on some items and we did give 10% on entire orders.

In the last year or so we have had price increases from our suppliers but didn't want to raise prices so on certain items there isn't room any more for an additional 10%. We still give the discount on many many items.

I've e-mailed Brent to change the banner if possible to 10% discount on many items or something similar as I don't want to purposefully mislead anyone.

I still send everyone to the site once they call me even knowing I'll be giving a discount after that. The forums are so beneficial, especially to the new guys doing their research. I always tell them to spend a few days here going over everything and then call me back and we'll talk some more.

Paula

Old 12-20-2001, 11:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom built Excalibur 351C
Not Ranked     
Default "Respondipity"

Years ago, my boss coined a word: "Respondipity"...which is the ability to know what the customer wants BEFORE they know what they want.

Paula & Enzo at Finishline have respondipity!!!!

I've relied on their expertise over the course of my build and believe they know what I want... before I know what I want!

I recently ordered a pair of turn signals and Paula asked if I was sure I didn't want the other style? "Nope" I replied so she promptly shipped my order.

Guess what? After visiting Club Cobra that I night, I realized that I indeed preferred the style that Paula suggested.

I called the next day ...Paula took care of me!

Everyone in Customer Service needs to take lessons from Finishline!
Old 12-23-2001, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

Like the rest of you, I have nothing but accolaides for Finishline's service, quality, and support. Even the times when all I needed was information, they sent me diagrams and schematics in the mail.

But, like the rest of you, I've had to shop carefully for components for this thing. The public at large seems to have the opinion that Cobra builders and owners, in general, are independently wealthy. An identical $500 part, component, or service for a '66 Mustang suddenly becomes a $1,500 part, component, or service for a '66 Cobra. I've developed an extreme reluctance to tell shop owners what kind of car the part I'm seeking is going on for this reason.

Like the rest of you, I'll go to my local speed shop for jets and gaskets, but Summit or Jegs for major components. This is not disloyalty, just economics.

There is another source I found for OEM components for what was originally a British made car.

For one rebuilding/restoring/repairing a Healy, Jag, Triumph, MG, Morris, or Cobra; I found europaspares.com in the UK to be competive with US sources for OEM parts. Wayne Roper is the proprieter of the shop, and getting parts from across the pond is easier on-line than by mail, and about as easy as any other on-line source.

Just keep in mind that their advertized prices are in domestic UK, not US currency which is the Pound Sterling. Multiply this by 1.6 to get US dollars.