Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Small Block Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/small-block-talk/)
-   -   427 FE Style Valve Covers on SBF (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/small-block-talk/136598-427-fe-style-valve-covers-sbf.html)

Joe's Garage 05-27-2016 06:02 PM

427 FE Style Valve Covers on SBF

I know they make them but can't find a source, anyone know who makes a quality FE cover for the Windsor platform? Thanks for any tips.

rodneym 05-27-2016 06:28 PM

Pretty sure what you need is an adapter for the FE covers.
Do a search here. If no luck, the FFR forum should be able to help.

Dimis 05-27-2016 09:15 PM

Contact - SuperHart.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-...available.html

You're welcome. ;)

Joe's Garage 05-27-2016 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimis (Post 1392799)
Contact - SuperHart.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-...available.html

You're welcome. ;)

No contact info. at that link. I think I found the same adapter kit here ...
Breeze Automotive Factory Five Racing

lippy 05-28-2016 09:46 AM

Pretty slick, but still looks like a small block to me.

Joe's Garage 05-28-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lippy (Post 1392844)
Pretty slick, but still looks like a small block to me.

... that would be a little lip from lippy :LOL:

blykins 05-28-2016 04:09 PM

From Breeze.....

"Get a set today and have all the fun of a big block without the fuss."

Oh brother.

RACERAL 05-28-2016 06:06 PM

I had them on my SB car for years... most fun you could ever have.
It was a hoot to see the experts walk up to my car and talk about it being a big block.
If you get these adaptors... make sure your screws that screw into the adaptors don't bottom out and not squeshing the gaskets. Lots of people have issues of them leaking, but one of the problems is the screws were bottoming out.

Joe's Garage 05-28-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACERAL (Post 1392892)
I had them on my SB car for years... most fun you could ever have.
It was a hoot to see the experts walk up to my car and talk about it being a big block.
If you get these adaptors... make sure your screws that screw into the adaptors don't bottom out and not squeshing the gaskets. Lots of people have issues of them leaking, but one of the problems is the screws were bottoming out.

Good tip, thanks. Aside from the good looks that's also why I'm thinking of doing it on my 427w :cool:

LMH 05-28-2016 07:37 PM

You mean like these: Cobra Valley's S/T Small Block Valve Covers
Larry

blykins 05-29-2016 04:32 AM

Not trying to incite a riot here, but for the guys looking to make their small blocks look like FE's, why don't you switch to an FE? Raceral, didn't you build an FE for your car?

Joe's Garage 05-29-2016 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1392918)
Not trying to incite a riot here, but for the guys looking to make their small blocks look like FE's, why don't you switch to an FE? Raceral, didn't you build an FE for your car?

I think the answer would be obvious ...
What we have is a replica body on a replica frame with a BB or SB crate motor not built in the 60's, the whole damn thing is a fake. Why settle for the headache of an expensive heavy leaky FE when you can do better with a well built stroked Windsor ... enough said.

Blue66 05-29-2016 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1392918)
not trying to incite a riot here, but for the guys looking to make their small blocks look like fe's, why don't you switch to an fe? Raceral, didn't you build an fe for your car?

x2 :jekylhyde

blykins 05-29-2016 05:53 AM

Hmm.

Maybe I'll come up with a kit to put sbf heads on a sbc so they can run the FE valve cover adapters too.

Buzz 05-29-2016 07:57 AM

They're all friggin replicas!!!

:LOL: What a bunch of ill-conceived, judgmental nit-pickery! By that line of (un)reasoning, you could say to just about every one of the thousands of replica owners on this site "Instead of trying to make your replicas look like real Cobras, why don't you switch to a genuine original?"

Ridiculous. How about the heathens who put Goodyear billboard lettering on their Avons or other tires? I suppose that offends the inquisitors and fashion police as well? :LOL:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1392927)
Hmm.Maybe I'll come up with a kit to put sbf heads on a sbc so they can run the FE valve cover adapters too.

No thanks - I'll keep my Chevy heads, but get busy making some adapters so I can put the nice finned Cobra lettered valve covers on - I just might be your first customer.

blykins 05-29-2016 08:17 AM

Ever seen someone roll up in a 68 vette with a small block, but it had BBC valve cover adapters?

Buzz 05-29-2016 08:20 AM

No - because its a real '68 Vette and not a replica kit. I don't think you're likely to see many original 289 Cobras sporting 427 badges and FE valve covers either.

Buzz 05-29-2016 08:42 AM

And... there are plenty of regular Stingrays running around out there with L-88 hoods and badges, etc.

blykins 05-29-2016 08:46 AM

Well, with that logic, you *can* buy *real* FE engines for the same or less money than a small block.

I just don't see why you would pay for a small block Ford and then make a feeble attempt to make it look like an FE....when you could have bought an FE to start with.

I understand that replicas are replicas, but bolting FE parts on small blocks to try and fool the public and pass it off as another engine is just absurd to me.

wkooiman 05-29-2016 08:50 AM

Joe,

I think these are the covers you are looking for:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6582-W427P

Referenced here:
Tall LeMans Style Windsor Valve Covers - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

Here is an old pic when they were made/sold by PAW:
http://www.pawengineparts.com/Images...e/1701Pair.jpg