Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Small Block Talk

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.60 average. Display Modes
Old 02-09-2004, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: no cobra, 71 Rx2 460windsor
Send a message via Yahoo to brainsboy
Not Ranked     

600hp is nothing for a 69 351w block, I have ran this kind of HP all day long on a stock block. I am currently working on a 700-750hp stock 69block now, no big deal. For what its worth although not all 69 blocks are casted the same, if you get a GOOD casted block, the key word here being GOOD, it will hold up to 900-950hp. They break just over 1000, I have done it. You can check the casting by looking at where the cam journals were machined and drilling into the block webbing to check thickness, you would be suprised how much the same 69 block varys.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile 358 NASCAR MOTOR

HERE IS A LISTING OF A 358 THAT SOLD FOR $5100 ON EBAY A FEW WEEKS AGO. NOTE THE 4.125" BORE AND THE 3.32" STROKE. ALSO THE CAM AND HEADS, 5000 TO 8000 RPM RANGE. NOT A STREET MOTOR! A STOCK 351 IS 4" BORE & 3.5" STROKE.

Description 358 NASCAR
THIS IS A COMPLETE FORD SMALL BLOCK 358 NASCAR MOTOR. THIS COMPLETE ENGINE WAS TAKEN APART FOR INSPECTION AND IS A COMPLETE MATCHING ENGINE WITH NO DAMAGE AND JUST NEEDS A FRESHEN UP AND ASSEMBLY. IT WAS A 9/1 COMPRESSION MOTOR AND I HAVE SOME HIGH COMPRESSION PISTONS IF THE BUYER WANTED TO RAISE THE COMPRESSION. THE HEADS ARE FULLY PORTED YATES C-3 CASTINGS PORTED BY DIAMOND RACE HEADS WITH 2.100 AND 1.600 DELWEST STEEL TIPPED TITANIUM VALVES, DEL WEST TITANIUM RETAINERS AND COMP CAMS ROLLER SPRINGS. THE COMPLETE JESEL ROCKER SYSTEM IS 1.6 INTAKES AND 1.55 EXHAUST. THE BLOCK IS AN OLD STYLE A-351 SIAMESE BLOCK WITH 2.75 MAINS AND A BORE OF 4.125 AND ROLLER CAM BEARINGS. THE MATCHING ROLLER CAM AND COMP CAMS SOLID ROLLER LIFTERS AND CV PRODUCTS HOLLOW PUSHRODS. THE ULTRA LITE SONNY BRYANT BILLET 3.320 CRANK HAS 2.75 MAINS AND 2.00 X .940 ROD JOURNALS AND IS GUN-DRILLED WITH PROFILED COUNTERWEIGHTS. THE MATCHING 6.300 CARRILLO RODS ARE THE LIGHTEST VERSIONS AVAILABLE AND HAVE CARR BOLTS. THE J & E 9/1 PISTONS ARE LIKE NEW AND HAVE THE 2.500 LITE PINS. THE OILING SYSTEM IS A HAMBURGER OVAL TRACK/ ROAD RACE NASCAR PAN AND THE 4-STAGE PUMP HAS ALL THE LINES AND MATCHING BRACKETS. THE MSD 8384 BILLET DISTRIBUTOR HAS DUAL PICK-UPS. THE ATI FLUID DAMPER IS PART NUMBER 4069938 AND IS SFI APPROVED. THE FULLY PORTED EDELBROCK INTAKE IS A 2991. THE MOTORSPORT ALUMINUM VALVE COVERS HAVE A BREATHER ON 1 SIDE. THE 1-WIRE ALTERNATOR AND CARTER FUEL PUMP ARE INCLUDED. ALL BRACKETS AND BOLTS ARE THERE ALSO. THE FRONT COVER IS A $500 ERNIE ELLIOT MAGNESIUM PART WITH SOLID DRY SUMP PUMP MOUNT. THE HEAD BOLTS AND VALVE TRAIN BOLTS ARE ALL FROM ARP. THE ONLY REPAIRS I CAN SEE THAT WERE EVER MADE WAS SOME WELDING IN THE PUSHROD HOLES AS WAS VERY COMMON ON THOSE EARLY HEADS WHEN THEY WERE PORTED. THE BLOCK HAS 1 HELICOIL ON THE MAIN BOLT AND SHOWS THE NORMAL SPIDER WEB CRACKS AROUND THE HEAD BOLT HOLES AS ALL THESE BLOCKS DO AFTER 100S OF TORQINGS FROM NASCAR REBUILDS AND THEY DONT AFFECT ANYTHING. THIS MOTOR WAS RUN MANY RACES JUST THIS WAY AND WILL CONTINUE FOR YEARS TO COME. NO REPAIRS OR MACHINE WORK OF ANY KIND HAS BEEN DONE SINCE IT WAS TAKEN APART SO IT SHOULD GO RIGHT BACK TOGETHER VERY EASILY WITH ALL MATCHING AND BALANCED PARTS. MY RESERVE IS A VERY LOW $4500 SO SOMEBODY IS GONNA GET A DEAL ON A GREAT RACE MOTOR BUT IF IT DOESNT SELL I WILL BREAK IT UP AND RELIST THE PARTS. I WILL GIVE A NO QUESTIONS ASKED 7 DAY GUARANTEE ON THIS MOTOR WITH THE BUYER PAYING ONLY SHIPPING BOTH WAYS. I WILL CRATE FOR FREE AND GET THE BUYER MY 52% TRUCK FREIGHT DISCOUNT. I WILL BE HARD TO CATCH NEXT WEEK BUT YOU ARE WELCOME TO TRY WITH ANY ???? 207 892 8141 Powered by eBay Turbo Lister Click on a picture to enlarge
Old 02-17-2004, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique,302
Not Ranked     

you can get a lot more hp out of the 351 , my son bumped a 302 up to around425 hp with little effort.roush heads, diff. cam, roller lifters and 600 cfm edelbrock ,a few other odds , but not much at all.