Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Small Block Talk

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: D&D Cobra,302 stock for now,IRS
Send a message via Yahoo to michel schryer
Not Ranked     
Default What intake-carb combo for a stock 302 please?

What is the best intake-carb. combo for a stock 302. There's many brands out there and i don't have a clue. Can you tell me your experiences and what works best. I won't race the car. I plan to install the stuff in the spring '08. Thanks!

Michel
Old 11-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

I had a Unique FIA with a stock 302 HO motor that ran really well. The intake on that car is an Edelbrock Performer RPM with a Holley 600 double pumper carb. Runs great. Modified the motor adding Trick Flow aluminum heads and a little more aggressive cam - same intake and carb - and runs extremely well. New FIA car almost done (an ERA), and the motor is a 302 stroked to 331, AFR aluminum heads, and an Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap intake with a Quick Fuel carb. Check out the crate engine builders like Keith Craft and see what they are using on their small block motors. They build a ton of them and they run well. Good luck and have fun. Rick.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I've always run Edelbrock intakes, and have good luck on 302 and 289 motors. And to just as Rick has mentioned, a 600cfm carb works well on a stock 302, and is still plenty when you modify them. If you don't plan on doing any mods, I would probably go with a performer intake. Jeff
Old 11-20-2007, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Rick and Jeff,

Rick I e-mailed Keith Craft,awaiting for an answer. I was recommended a holley 570 cfm street Avenger and edelbrock performer intake or weiand by a pro builder on the FFR forum. I think it sounds pretty good from what i heard about those products. With carbs sometimes it might be a matter of luck since these thinks are put together by humans. Hopefully mine won't be from a guy that built it on a monday or friday. Thanks again guys.

Michel (Planning to build a french D&D cobra)
Old 11-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

Michel, congratulations on your plans and enjoy your project. Being in Canada you might also look into Johnex cobras. I believe the ownership has gone through a transition, however they had an excellent chasis, and a very high quality car. Have fun!! Rickd
Old 11-21-2007, 07:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

The first engine we ran in Dad's Unique was a stock 302 HO from a '92 Mustang. We pulled the FI and went with traditional carburetion.

The Edelbrock Performer intake and 600 cfm Performer carb are hard to beat on that engine. Absolutely bulletproof. If you prefer Holleys, go with the simple vacuum-secondary 600 cfm unit on the Performer intake. Again, dead reliable with plenty of power.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

This is not intake related, but is a key point. You should definately consider some good aftermarket aluminum heads. The head technology out there now can easily add 70 - 80 hp with no loss of low end torque or drivability. They are a win win addition. They truly wake up the engine and can allow you to produce some significant torque/hp numbers.

________

Last edited by CobraEd; 11-21-2007 at 07:46 AM..
Old 11-23-2007, 03:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys for your replies,I really appreciated. It will help me to buy the right stuff. Definetly the name Edelbrock performer intakes and carbs. resurface a lot. Will also consider Holley. I'm ordering my kit next week just before leaving for Punta Cana. It'll give me something to celebrate with a few nice Arturo Fuentes cigar. I had to mention it. The Kit is from a small manufacturer in quebec called D&D Cobra. I'm not promoting it yet because i have to receive and build it but from what i saw it looks pretty damn good. All the goodies you'd put on a Cobra,he's got it.You guys in the states haven't heard much about D&D because it's a french Canadian product and there's so many manufacturers in the states that you wouldn't really have to look anywhere else. Let's start the journey that so many of you did and i'll be please to share my experience. Thanks again guys and wish me luck i'll need it. One day i'll be "VENOMOUS".

Michel