14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2016, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     
Question Using the "more" icon???

I notice on other forums that when one is at the end of a page (all the way at the bottom of the list of posts), there is a way to go to the next page. On our CC forum there is a "More" at the end of the page (like "recent posts/active thread") when I click on the "More" it just takes me to a page that looks like there are no posts at all.

On other forums I frequent this "More" function is effective, am I doing something wrong on this forum to keep it from working?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Cheers!

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!
Old 09-19-2016, 01:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-Tech
Not Ranked     

I have been having the same exact problem for at least the last 6 months.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Me too!
Larry
Old 09-19-2016, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

I had that problem until I started using the "New Posts" view (between "Calendar" and "Search" in the blue bar near the top of the page. Give it a try.

Portal | User CP | Blogs | FAQ | Community | For Sale | Gallery | Calendar | New Posts | Search | Quick Links | Log Out
Old 09-20-2016, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

It only happens when I am looking at the page called "Active Threads"...when you get to the bottom of that page there is a "more" icon that takes one nowhere other than a blank page.

It use to happen when I was trying to see what the most recent poster in a particular thread had contributed...it would say something about a search that could not be accomplished and directed one to a different area of the forum. That has now been enabled, happened when the forum was down for a week or two recently, so I just suspected it was something that Brent had changed during the switch-over to whatever new software he installed.

Rather than going to "New Posts", I now click on the link to get me to active threads. If I can't find what I want, I just go back to the forum again rather than try to get the "more" function to work. I notice that recent posts by ME do not show up on a search for "New Posts"...guess the powers that be must have decided I'd remember what I said in which thread....NOT!!!!

At times I can't find what I want in the "Active Threads" section and I just bring up my profile and click on "Find all posts by YerDugliness" under "Statistics"...doesn't take time to find what I want there!

Cheers!

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!
Old 09-20-2016, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerDugliness View Post
Rather than going to "New Posts", I now click on the link to get me to active threads. If I can't find what I want, I just go back to the forum again rather than try to get the "more" function to work. I notice that recent posts by ME do not show up on a search for "New Posts"...guess the powers that be must have decided I'd remember what I said in which thread....NOT!!!!

At times I can't find what I want in the "Active Threads" section and I just bring up my profile and click on "Find all posts by YerDugliness" under "Statistics"...doesn't take time to find what I want there!

Cheers!

Dugly
If you're in "New Posts" you won't see anything until someone responds / posts after your post. The system must interpret your post as an "old post" and needs something newer before you're shown the thread again in "New Posts".
Old 09-20-2016, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

The "more" function used to work, then ceased working about three failures ago. I use the "more' feature in the specific forums section to find older threads that have dropped off the current thread page, the problem with that is you have to know which forum the subject was posted in.