Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Buzzer w/ Key-on? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/100861-buzzer-w-key.html)

NRP/MN 11-15-2009 09:15 AM

Buzzer w/ Key-on?

We are finalizing a new install on chassis # 2590. This is a car from D&M and had been in inventory for quite awhile. When you turn the ignition key to the "on" position there is a buzzer or alarm from under the dash. What the heck is this and when was it added? Thanks, Mike

Got the Bug 11-15-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRP/MN (Post 1001448)
We are finalizing a new install on chassis # 2590. This is a car from D&M and had been in inventory for quite awhile. When you turn the ignition key to the "on" position there is a buzzer or alarm from under the dash. What the heck is this and when was it added? Thanks, Mike

Is the brake reservoir filled? There is a buzzer to indicate low brake fluid.

NRP/MN 11-15-2009 10:25 AM

It was that simple- in the 8 yrs we have worked with this product, this is something I had not encountered. It was actually above the low level mark but still activated the alarm. Thanks! Mike

PANAVIA 11-15-2009 05:38 PM

Good tip Doug !

Blas 11-15-2009 07:03 PM

Yes, only one factory installed buzzer on a chassis...
It will also trip if your brake fluid is low and you are doing some spirited acceleration, deceleration or corning. A great indicator that it's almost time for break pads.

patrickt 11-15-2009 07:07 PM

Is there a float mechanism in the reservoir that triggers that?

SP01715 11-16-2009 02:24 PM

Good to know. I have had the buzzer come on when accelerating up my road. Never knew what the hell it was because all the gauges were reading good.

RedBarchetta 11-16-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1001566)

Wow, Patrick, another feature that the ERA doesn't have. :p :LOL:

patrickt 11-16-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBarchetta (Post 1001762)
Wow, another feature that the ERA doesn't have. :p :LOL:

Well I'm sure if I requested it they would be happy to oblige.... It sounds like more of a PITA though that a good feature. Does it use a float in the reservoir? Or something else?

RedBarchetta 11-16-2009 03:19 PM

Patrick, I find it entertaining that you read and react to the Superformance threads as much as the ERA ones. You're too anal, dude...loosen up! :LOL:

patrickt 11-16-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBarchetta (Post 1001769)
Patrick, I find it entertaining that you read and react to the Superformance threads as much as the ERA ones. You're too anal, dude...loosen up! :LOL:

I guess you don't know how the sending mechanism works, huh?:LOL:

thudmaster 11-16-2009 03:30 PM

It is a superformance secret.............:LOL::LOL::LOL:

float

patrickt 11-16-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thudmaster (Post 1001776)
It is a superformance secret.............:LOL::LOL::LOL:

float

Thanks. I wonder why I catch so much shi* on this particular forum?:rolleyes:

thudmaster 11-16-2009 03:34 PM

It is fun..................it is a fun forum......

RedBarchetta 11-16-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1001779)
Thanks. I wonder why I catch so much shi* on this particular forum?:rolleyes:

It's a function of how much you toss into the fan, really.

patrickt 11-16-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBarchetta (Post 1001796)
It's a function of how much you toss into the fan, really.

But I mean no harm.http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/...ive1/angel.gif

Blas 11-17-2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1001566)

No, there is a little man in a small boat inside each reservoir, at a low fluid level he sounds an alarm. On early SPF cars he used a bugle, but it was difficult to hear over the engine sounds, so they changed it to a float with a buzzer. The design was upgraded on all cars by the factory - no charge. All the little men are all retired now, and living in Arizona...the small boats were all sold on eBay...

RedBarchetta 11-17-2009 06:56 AM

Blas, ROFLMFAO! :LOL:

patrickt 11-17-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blas (Post 1001892)
No, there is a little man in a small boat inside each reservoir, at a low fluid level he sounds an alarm. On early SPF cars he used a bugle, but it was difficult to hear over the engine sounds, so they changed it to a float with a buzzer. The design was upgraded on all cars by the factory - no charge. All the little men are all retired now, and living in Arizona...the small boats were all sold on eBay...

Dang, that gratuitous ball-busting got better with each edit.:eek: And I was only curious as to how it worked; we haven't had any really interesting mechanical issues around here for a while.

RodKnock 11-17-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blas (Post 1001892)

That's a classic retort. Can we make that a sticky? Patrick was one-up'ed. :D