Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: superformance 460/ stroked to 521
Not Ranked     
Default SPF Radiator removal

I was looking at my rad,noticed a little residue of antifreeze in the lower front corner. It looks like the rad/ shroud assy must come out together from the bottom. Has anyone removed one before.Also how much clearance below do i need. Hoist job or wiil jacking up car be sufficent?
Thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Not Ranked     

My buddy and I have done this before. I can't remember the sequence, but a lift is definately helpful. It will come right out eventually. How much is leaking? I am sure you tried this already, but are the hoses tight enough?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have loosened the fanshroud this morning and noticed that the hose at the top corner of the rad has some trace of leaking,but the clamp is facing inward ,with no clearance what so ever to tighten it. Almost certain that when installed it was put in as an assy with the hoses connected to the rad and installed from bottom upwards. The only option i think i can do is cut the clamp in position and install new one?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That would work........... before you go cutting stuff, did you try getting a little socket in the clamp? I forget what size they are. Screwdrivers don't offer as many possibilities. If you can get a socket on it to loosen it, can you turn the clamp to a better position?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

come to think of it, mine has a little residue, but doesn't leak. If it does not leak, my recommendation would be to sit down in the driver seat, turn the key, and go beat that thing some more! Oops.........I just noticed you are in Toronto. Whats the weather like?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am going yo try the socket attempt , weather is overcast and about 9 degress celsius,and no sign of snow yet this year in the forecast.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

can you just install another clamp next to the one there? leave them both on if the clamp is leaking.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Just do a pressure test on the cooling system. I think auto part places like "Autozone" and such have the test tool available for use if you purchase something related item...like a hose clamp or something..Way simpler that removing parts. Insures you got the correct offending item...

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 11-29-2009, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

Good Sugestion Blas -

- remember to only pressure test up to the rating on the CAP.

--say 15-18PSI MAX, any more and you could pop a heater core....

Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com