Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

Any members have one of the first 100 or so cars built in 94' to 96' . Can you tell us about them . Do they differ much in quality , spec , etc , compared to the later ones . Any info really , cool story ? why not .
SDR
________
Marijuana News

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 03:55 PM..
Old 02-03-2010, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Just some quick info on the first 100 cars.
31+ that I know of are not in the USA (surely more than that)
6 were never built
2 have/had salvage titles
The earliest cars had a different rear suspension and dash layout.
Check out www.secondstrike.com/HotShots/HotShots.htm
for some photos of 3 of the earliest cars #10-#11-#23.
And I know of one these 3 beautiful early versions is for sale if anyone is interested. Contact me for info.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 02-03-2010, 11:25 AM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I believe we had #62 in our shop this summer. Noticable items were bolt on wheels, speedometer ran from left to right. 8.8 rear I believe. I can't remember the miles but the car was still in fantastic shape.

Bill

www.gcperf.com
Old 02-03-2010, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

You rock Blas Thanks . Anybody else have info ? don't be shy .
SDR

Sweet ! thanks Blittleton good info
________
LAMBORGHINI TECH

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 03:56 PM..
Old 02-03-2010, 11:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Not sure when they were built but I know SPF made two aluminum bodied cars. Pretty sweet to have one of those as they are rare!
Larry
Old 02-03-2010, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

Hi gotta say something so it jumps back up on the first page and get some interest
________
Ferrari gt4

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 03:57 PM..
Old 02-03-2010, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

I had #81, pic of it in my gallery with Paxton Supercharger. Also had a few more later numbers #924 and up. 81 came from Bob Bondurant when he was a SPF dealer in the 90s. Had the Ford 8.8 independent rear but was cast iron case vs aluminum in later models. Seats a bit different in the first cars and improved later. Of course the brakes were real basic back then but the body and paint was outstanding and interior, gauges etc pretty much the same as later models...
Old 02-03-2010, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

great info gsharapa , thanks
SDR
________
oxygen vaporizer

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 03:58 PM..
Old 02-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

I have #156 , built summer 1996 . Cast iron rear end, different lower seat cushions, 5 bolt wheels with fake knock offs ( nicely done, with no lug nuts exposed ). correct reverse speedo . Ford brakes . In early days < Willwood brakes and Knock off's were options - later standard but repriced accordingly ).

Quality of paint, fit and finish outstanding when new and still outstanding except for self imposed rock /stone nicks. No shakes, very few rattles, been wet many times when out submarining with no dry route escape.

No mechanical issues due to the fault of SPF, unless you want to count one cv boot and a shifter rubber boot ....isn't that something - all these years and no SPF issues . Lord, I love a plan when it comes together .

As Timex watches used to say :" it takes a licking and keeps on ticking" ...Bill
Old 02-04-2010, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Wells View Post
I have #156 , built summer 1996 . Cast iron rear end, different lower seat cushions, 5 bolt wheels with fake knock offs ( nicely done, with no lug nuts exposed ). correct reverse speedo . Ford brakes . In early days < Willwood brakes and Knock off's were options - later standard but repriced accordingly ).

Quality of paint, fit and finish outstanding when new and still outstanding except for self imposed rock /stone nicks. No shakes, very few rattles, been wet many times when out submarining with no dry route escape.

No mechanical issues due to the fault of SPF, unless you want to count one cv boot and a shifter rubber boot ....isn't that something - all these years and no SPF issues . Lord, I love a plan when it comes together .

As Timex watches used to say :" it takes a licking and keeps on ticking" ...Bill
I was waiting for you to weigh in. I thought you told me they were "fakey-do" knock offs??
Old 02-04-2010, 05:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

WDZ .....you are correcto .... I have a fakey dooh MK3 with fakey dooh knock offs .......just like my fakey dooh GT350 .....Bill, aka Mr. Fakey- or perhaps just flakey- at times .
Old 02-04-2010, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

Bill nice SPF , I like the gt350 also SWEET garage ! Some great info the SPF , looks great for 14yrs .
SDR
________
VAPORIZER WHOLESALER

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 03:59 PM..
Old 02-04-2010, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2482 Shelby/Roush 427
Not Ranked     

A buddy of mine just bought #48 a few months ago in Denver. Besides the bolt on rims and the seat feeling a little different, car was in great shape and drove good. Not much different from mine #2482, maybe not quite as "tight" in steering but not bad.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeredith View Post
A buddy of mine just bought #48 a few months ago in Denver. Besides the bolt on rims and the seat feeling a little different, car was in great shape and drove good. Not much different from mine #2482, maybe not quite as "tight" in steering but not bad.
Do you know , if you don't mind , What the early ones are going for $ . Oh and what is the dash and rollbar layout? If seen a few weird early ones . While im at it any photos video ? Great info thanks
SDR
________
MARIJUANA STRAIN GREEN CRACK

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 03:59 PM..
Old 02-04-2010, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

Found one for sale , looking at the VIN was registered in 96 . located by Detroit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:en
SDR

nope titled as 97'
________
Iolite Vaporizer

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 04:00 PM..
Old 02-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

somdayaurora ......

The car you referenced for sale on Ebay is in primo perfect condition , used but never abused . I know both the owner and the car ( # 186 ) .......its appearance belies its years - so, if anyone is looking for a mint car, this is a great opportunity . Bill
Old 02-04-2010, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

here is #117 http://www.cobraregistry.com/Search....tails&vid=1444
SDR

I noticed it was titled before the engine was installed , #186 , is this normal ?
________
ROLLS-ROYCE SILVER CLOUD

Old 02-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

somedayaurora ... your query confuses me : "noticed it was titled before the engine was installed , #186 , is this normal ? "

re 186, he says in his Q&A , built as a roller in 97 and completed in 1998. It would not be titled before it was driveable in Michigan . Bill
Old 02-04-2010, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

If you read the the auto check , click read the full report for free , it says " 05/05/1997 FAIRFIELD, OH
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:0900604873)ASSEMBLED " ?
SDR

even has a odometer reading , must have been done by Dynamic Motor Sports before they sold it .
________
Freelander

Old 02-04-2010, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

#81 had the knock off spinners on it so maybe Bondurant changed them as it was one of his demo Superformance Cobras. A Ford dealer in Dallas bought it when he attended a driving school in the 90s with a bunch of other Ford dealers. In fact 3 dealers from Dallas bought cars that day two ordered and the dealer I bought mine from wanted the demo car so Bob sold it to him. I put 17s on it and the paxton supercharger, stainless side pipes and also a new aluminum carrier with the 3:73s as the cast iron carrier had 4:10s in it. I sold it around 2001 or 2002. It actually was on Ebay for sale in 2009 and it didn't sell and it still looked awesome....By the way the Paxton was an original 60s Paxton modified internals to pump more air for the 351 (385HP) Ford crate engine I had in it. Trick fuel system also.....would be a cool one to get if it's still for sale.

Here are a few pics

Last edited by gsharapa; 02-04-2010 at 08:08 PM..