Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Turn signal cancellation issue

I took delivery of SPO 2895 a couple of months ago, now have all bugs worked out save one involving turn signal cancellation. The left turn signal cancels perfectly. Approaching a left turn, I engage the left turn signal, it stays on through left turn, then disengages as I straighten up. All good. Approaching a right turn, however, the signal inevitably cancels before I even begin the right turn. It's like a hair pin trigger. You breathe on it, look at it funny, turn the steering wheel the slightest bit right or left, it cancels. That means to give an effective right turn signal to cars behind me, I have to hold the turn signal lever at least until I begin the turn. I can live with this if I have to, but would like to fix it. I have already made the finger, ear, lug adjustment described here: http://www.craigscobras.com/tips/blinker/index.htm

Is this fixable? Is there something I can adjust? Something I can replace?
Old 05-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

I suggest you go back and check your work following the guidelines on the Craigscobras link.
I'm not aware of any other adjustments.

Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

They cancel ????
Old 05-24-2010, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I posted the same message on SCOF, got a couple of replies that agreed on a fix for this problem. I implemented it this morning, and my premature cancellation problem is now substantially solved. If there are any other Superformance owners out there with the same problem, send me a PM, and I will pass on fix information.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Why not post for everyone?

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 05-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdoug View Post
Why not post for everyone?
Uhhh, because posting repair instructions merely serves to perpetuate the myth that it was originally built broken to begin with....
Old 05-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Actually sharing information from SCOF with non-members is a no-no.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is not a big issue, more in the nuisance category (if this is your biggest problem, car is in pretty good shape), but it sounds fairly common to Superformance cars. I have SPF #2895. SPF #2896 reports the same problem. The SPF owners who emailed fix information must have had the same problem.

Behind the turn signal lever is a Phillips head screw. Loosen that, then adjust the signal lever assembly left/right to best position. My lever was at the 3 o'clock position. Recommended position is closer to 2 o'clock. When positioned correctly, retighten the screw. (One owner recommended replacing the Phillips head screw with a bolt, not sure that is necessary.) I experimented a few times, adjusted left/right, drove and tested signals, adjusted again. (On my SPF, there is not much play in the electrical wires that come from the engine compartment into this steering wheel component, so I was limited in how far left I could move the signal lever assembly.) After final adjustment, I rechecked the finger, ear, lug adjustment as described at http://www.craigscobras.com/tips/blinker/index.htm All of this substantially improved my right signal premature cancellation issue. It's still a little twitchy (cancels with small amount of steering wheel left turn), but is a lot better.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
Actually sharing information from SCOF with non-members is a no-no.
Why would that be?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Sorry Patrick, I do not make the rules. I just abide by them.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
Sorry Patrick, I do not make the rules. I just abide by them.
Well, so much for being supportive and encouraging.... Oh, wait - wrong thread.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

What ever happened to no "i" in "team."

Or

"One for all and all for one."
Old 05-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
What ever happened to no "i" in "team."

Or

"One for all and all for one."
Yeah, even Red used to share info. Damn how I miss him....
Old 05-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

The steering shaft is splined at both ends 3/4-48. Put the wheels straight ahead, remove the steering wheel and you can undo and index the shaft around to line up the cancel screw and replace the steering wheel straight. No big mystery and parts that should be checked for tightness anyhoo.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

That website is helpful. I try again to resolve my cancellation issues.
Thanks,
John

Last edited by MaSnaka; 05-25-2010 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: re-read post
Old 05-25-2010, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 2765 Roush 427(POS) with cruise.
Not Ranked     
Default turn signal

Hey Dallas,
I've come to know Superformances' shortcomings. I just ignore and just keep puttin'. Until the Roush pukes or the front wheel bearings let's go. 209
Old 05-25-2010, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Cutting and pasting information from the SCOF website is not allowed. I don't believe that sharing knowledge has ever been a problem. All Superformance owners are invited to join the SCOF Forum. Membership requires having a Superformance car in their possession. I have seen posts by many SCOF members sharing their knowledge here on the Superformance area of CC. Jim pointed out a great resource from a SCOF member regarding the turn signal issue...Seems his attempt to help was quickly discounted. After that, the usual people chimed in with useless commentary...

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net

Last edited by Blas; 05-25-2010 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 05-25-2010, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
Cutting and pasting information from the SCOF website is not allowed. I don't believe that sharing knowledge has ever been a problem. All Superformance owners are invited to join the SCOF Forum. Membership requires having a Superformance car in their possession. I have seen posts by many SCOF members sharing their knowledge here on the Superformance area of CC. Jim pointed out a great resource from a SCOF member regarding the turn signal issue...Seems his attempt to help was quickly discounted. After that, the usual people chimed in, with useless commentary...
Useless commentary from <generic_poster_01> in a thread that does not concern his car in any way shape or form? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!

Sorry <generic_poster_01> but you sir are what we call a forum troll.