Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Superformance Roadster...Rare Car! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/105547-superformance-roadster-rare-car.html)

GP1482 07-10-2010 11:58 AM

Superformance Roadster...Rare Car!

3 Attachment(s)
Hey Superformance Followers.

We just delivered this Superformance MKIII Roadster on Friday. Had some pictures taken of it. This is a great running car with a Roush 402SR. Saw Gary this morning with the car at Cars and Coffee with a crowd around it. Thanks Gary. We don’t sell may Roadster undercar exhaust MKIII. If you ever want a need looking car this is it. Let me know if you would like more pictures and info on the build.

kayakjack 07-10-2010 12:24 PM

Beautiful car!! I think these things are "the bomb".

The clean look without rollbars, side pipes, stripes and hood scoops looks great. I am not a fan of the larger diameter wheels, but that is just me.

Mine is a "hybrid" - street roadster with full width roll bar, stripes and hood scoop - but that is just me.

There was a thread a few days ago trying to compile a list of Superformance street roadsters. Not too many around.

Jack

JBCOBRA 07-12-2010 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Very Cool mix of vintage and modern look!

Bxx1 07-14-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gp1482 (Post 1063924)
hey superformance followers.

We just delivered this superformance mkiii roadster on friday. Had some pictures taken of it. This is a great running car with a roush 402sr. Saw gary this morning with the car at cars and coffee with a crowd around it. Thanks gary. We don’t sell may roadster undercar exhaust mkiii. If you ever want a need looking car this is it. Let me know if you would like more pictures and info on the build.

**)gorgeous!

thudmaster 07-14-2010 10:45 AM

Looks like Lance just stole it and is driving away with it............:LOL:

RodKnock 07-14-2010 10:51 AM

Is the price listed somewhere? If not, then it should be. ;) :)

GP1482 07-14-2010 10:55 AM

You can contact me directly by sending me a private message if you would like to know the price.

Thanks for all the great comments, it truly is a gorgeous Superformance car!

mrmustang 07-14-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP1482 (Post 1064753)
You can contact me directly by sending me a private message if you would like to know the price.

Thanks for all the great comments, it truly is a gorgeous Superformance car!

I believe THIS is for you.;)

kschoenefeld 07-14-2010 02:06 PM

How can you fit an air cleaner under the hood without a scoop???

lovehamr 07-14-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1064762)
I believe THIS is for you.;)

BaaHaa!! I was wondering how long that would go. :LOL:

GP1482 07-15-2010 09:15 AM

Different height filters, Different height manifolds...it fits perfectly

66gtk 10-15-2014 08:01 AM

Does anybody know a workable combination of manifold and air filter (vintage look) for the Roush 402 combination and a FLAT hood?? SPF21xx series

ChicagoChris 10-15-2014 09:28 AM

Period correct wheels/tires and that's the car for me.

rodneym 10-15-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66gtk (Post 1322393)
Does anybody know a workable combination of manifold and air filter (vintage look) for the Roush 402 combination and a FLAT hood?? SPF21xx series

You might want to try different 14" drop base air cleaners bottoms. K&N makes them in 2 different 'drops', 7/8" and 1-1/2". There are others, too.
The lower one can be pretty low, though. When tightening the lid you can get dents from the breather tubes, and you can see the lid being sucked down when the engine is pushed. The motor can't breathe with the lid that close to the carb.
The K&N X-Stream tops may be an option for better air flow but those lids are THICK and fugly, but may be a necessity.
Are you thinking 14" round? Oval? A sacrifice in airflow and/or appearance will probably have to be made somewhere.

66gtk 10-15-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1322407)
You might want to try different 14" drop base air cleaners bottoms. K&N makes them in 2 different 'drops', 7/8" and 1-1/2". There are others, too.
The lower one can be pretty low, though. When tightening the lid you can get dents from the breather tubes, and you can see the lid being sucked down when the engine is pushed. The motor can't breathe with the lid that close to the carb.
The K&N X-Stream tops may be an option for better air flow but those lids are THICK and fugly, but may be a necessity.
Are you thinking 14" round? Oval? A sacrifice in airflow and/or appearance will probably have to be made somewhere.

Round would be fine, but oval (Cobra style) would be great for vintage appearances as well. Could always do a turkey pan, I suppose. Do you have a link to locate the K&N drop bases? I can't seem to locate them.

I wonder how the better quality reproduction Mustang setups would work? I know the cheap version doesn't have as much drop as the better reproduction.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-1352518...2268_127979939

rodneym 10-15-2014 12:10 PM

66gtk,
I just got confirmation from a friend who has a Roush 342 in a SPF w/ no scoop. He can use both the 289 14" style (w/ no drop) and the Roush oval that came with it, with no interference, although he said the Roush to extremely close.
I believe the 342 is a stroked 302, and your 402 a stroked 351. Not sure if your 402 sits taller, it might. Plus the manifold differences.
Go to Summit or Jegs online and search for 'K&N 14" drop base' and you'll find them. I'd buy both and return one.

66gtk 10-15-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1322422)
66gtk,
I just got confirmation from a friend who has a Roush 342 in a SPF w/ no scoop. He can use both the 289 14" style (w/ no drop) and the Roush oval that came with it, with no interference, although he said the Roush to extremely close.
I believe the 342 is a stroked 302, and your 402 a stroked 351. Not sure if your 402 sits taller, it might. Plus the manifold differences.
Go to Summit or Jegs online and search for 'K&N 14" drop base' and you'll find them. I'd buy both and return one.

Thanks - could only find the 7/8" drop, and not the deeper one. There is NO WAY the stock Roush setup can clear a flat hood on the car I'm referencing. The air cleaner is completely gobbled up in the hood scoop right now.

rodneym 10-15-2014 01:16 PM

Hmmm. Then the 402 must be taller than the 342 (351 vs 302 block).