Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default coupe electrical assistance needed

Hello everyone !

First post here, looking for specifics on a problem or possibly directions to another forum that might be able to help,

I have a customer with several Superperformance cars in his collection, one of which is a Daytona Coupe clone. I have hunted for an open discussion forum in which it doesn't take eons to complete registration and I am hoping that someone here will be able to answer my electrical questions.

Please forgive my questions, but in all my years of dealing with complicated cars have I never run across such a poorly laid out electrical circuit description, "schematic" is not applicable here, as what I find in the owner's manual. Not complaining, just stating fact.

Scenario: Superperformance Coupe - I just wired in a hidden door popper switch for the LH door - In doing so the battery was disconnected and the heavy red wire junction in the passenger toe board area was disconnected.

Starter: With everything back in place the Starter and Fuel Pump toggles do not work. I am getting power to the starter relay and when jumped at the relay female receptacles the start motor works. There is power being supplied to the socket from the toggle to activate the relay but there seems to be no ground from the socket.

Fuel Pump: I have traced what I could of the toggle/pump circuit, but have not been able to determine the cause of this situation. The rear of the toggle is nearly impossible to access because of the way that the dash and console are secured so I cannot tell for certain whether or not the switch is being supplied with current. However, the 20 amp fuse second from the left in the under-dash panel, is getting power and is not blown. I hear no sound that could be identified as being from a fuel pump.

I suspect that the "dis-abler" system is thinking that someone is trying to hot wire the car and has scrambled itself, but the warning light on the dash seems to operate correctly. When left alone with the key out of the ignition the LED blinks and when the system is disarmed with the key fob it goes out and stays out for at least a minute or so before beginning to blink again.

I can find no instructions at all about the use of the dis-abler on the web or in the limited resource's of the owner's manual, so if anyone here has information about the operation and specifically how to reset the device after battery current interruption I would be greatly in debt to you.

If you think that I may have overlooked a still unconnected circuit, please tell me.

Thanks, Jack
Old 06-19-2011, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

i'm not familiar with the poppers but did you do any welding?

guess 1 -- the relay is bad.

guess 2 -- is there something prohibiting the fuel pump from activating like inertia switch or oil pressure cutoff

guess 3 -- damn disablers.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Mod Note

Moved to Superformance forum

Also, CC member Blas has schematics.

ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 06-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

You guys don't think that it is kind of strange that someones first post is about how to activete/bypass a disabler switch or some other way to HOT WIRE a Superformance replica?

Maybe it is just me being paranoid but WTF?

Edit:
Oh yea, and his CC login is jackscars.

Last edited by tcrist; 06-19-2011 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: See edit:
Old 06-20-2011, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

I may be able to help...But send me the SPC car number offline first...I'll confirm it with the registry and then we'll move forward. I have a good schematic for the Coupe but there have been many factory changes over the years. My contact info is below...

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 06-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrist View Post
Oh yea, and his CC login is jackscars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackscars View Post

Thanks, Jack
Apparently, his name, not profession.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Correction: Someone else with a Coupe contacted me and I sent them the information. He was a confirmed owner. No reply from this guy yet.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net

Last edited by Blas; 06-20-2011 at 04:24 PM..
Old 06-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks View Post
Apparently, his name, not profession.

Could be or maybe not. Just seemed a bit strange for a first post.

I'll just keep my thoughts to myself from now on.

Last edited by tcrist; 06-20-2011 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: wording
Old 06-23-2011, 11:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

I am glad I am rewiring my Coupe # 54. --

Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 460
Not Ranked     

I am hoping not to fuel any speculation or confusion, hoping that I can help a little. Jack posted a question about a Superformance Coupe on another forum that I am a member of. Since I was unable to help directly I suggested that he come here. Over the years I have learned much from this forum and figured that if anybody could help, they would be here. I do not know Jack outside of the other forum but I do know that he has an honorable reputation on that forum and readily shares information when he can. This was my attempt to return the favor.

Brandon