Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Aluminum body?

I have heard of the option some time ago, but is this truly the ONLY one? Ebay Auction

Last edited by HBO; 10-17-2011 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: legibility
Old 10-17-2011, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Probably is the only one, not a very cheap option for a spf.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I thought there was two but I'm probably mistaken. I know the owner. It's very nice!
Larry
Old 10-17-2011, 02:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1454
Not Ranked     

I know Dynamic had an all black one in their showroom about 9 years ago. I've got a picture of it somewhere.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Silly question...

Where do they "SPF" get their Alu body done?
& is it the same shape as their glass cars (ie: SPF shape being slightly different to ERA, CSX, etc, etc... )?

Thx
Old 10-17-2011, 06:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

This car is an early series car. Pre 100. I can confirm the doors trunk and hood are aluminum. I have quit a few photos. I can't confirm the body is aluminum. The detail of the rolled areas under the hood, door and trunk look exactly like a fiberglass car. The interior of the trunk and wheelwells look more like fiberglass but could be aluminum with a black coating on them. Hopefully I'll get more information soon. It does have aluminum heads with $helbys signature etched into them. That I've not seen before...I'm working on a list of differences spotted on the photos...HI-Tech made one aluminum 289 years ago but it was not black...ALLY001 currently owned by a man named John I believe...

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net

Last edited by Blas; 10-17-2011 at 06:35 PM..
Old 10-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Silly question...

Where do they "SPF" get their Alu body done?
& is it the same shape as their glass cars (ie: SPF shape being slightly different to ERA, CSX, etc, etc... )?

Thx
Hi Tech has the capacity to do aluminum in house. In fact, they produced the second generation AC Ace "Brooklands" bodies in aluminum with stainless monocoque chassis. Th Superformance dealers at the time did not feel that the alloy body was in demand with Kirkham, etc. offering the aluminum. It only complicated the inventory and so it is no longer offerd on the MK III roadster.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 10-17-2011, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The SPF on eBay is aluminum. The main body too. It is an SPF body, not a CSX body.
I've seen the car in person and it is very nice. I don't know who did the al work though.
Larry
Old 10-18-2011, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     

We have shipped several cars to South Africa.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."
Old 10-30-2011, 07:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2689 Roush 427R TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Superforance in South Africa had the original crafters from AC working there is where they came from. They also are mfg aluminum Daytona Coups, Seen one in Dennis's shop but of course they are painted and stunning! There were two aluminum cars at Dynamic way back then when others weren't around yet!

Last edited by WildBill1965; 10-30-2011 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: more information
Old 11-15-2011, 04:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

This beautiful car has just been listed on Cobra Country.

$68.5K seems like a very reasonable asking price to me, for an aluminum-bodied car with a 427FE.

For Sale: Superformance MkIII 427SC Cobra. Blue/white stripes. The BIG Picture: Click Here! Aluminum coachwork. This is the only one produced—the only Superformance with the ultra-premium aluminum body option. Under the hood: original Ford 427FE side-oiler (1965 NOS 427FE cast-iron block), fitted with with LeMans rods and crank, Ford aluminum racing heads, original Ford Sidewinder intake manifold designed by Holman Moody. BIG Photo of powerplant: Click Here! Geartrain: 5-speed Tremec gearbox; Ford 8.8" limited slip differential designed for independent rear suspension. Rolling stock: upgraded 15" Halibrand-style true knockoff wheels fitted with B.F. Goodrich G-Force T/A Radial rubber. BIG broadside shot: Click Here! Other stuff: upgraded Superformance hardwood-rimmed steering wheel, driver-side rollbar, quick-lift jacks, soft top (never used), tonneau cover. BIG Photo of cockpit: Click Here! Of course you get all of the other Superformance standard equipment—Smiths gauges [just as on the original 427SC Cobras, and with reverse-winding speedometer], Fuel Safe fuel cell, Wilwood brakes, Bilstein coil-overs, floormats, sunvisors]. Only 4,500 adult-driven miles (7,240 km), and in immaculate condition throughout. The only way for you to get closer to an original Shelby Cobra is to purchase an original Cobra for a half million dollars or more. Don't let this beauty roar away—it's the only one in existence. In-Your-Face frontal shot: Click Here! $68,500 obo. Contact Terry at (520) 982-9771 MST, or email: tman0950@yahoo.com
Tucson, Arizona
14 November