Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPF2271
Not Ranked     
Default Anyone have a Tonneau Cover?

Seller never sent me the tonneau cover. Any for sale?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

if the car already has the snaps or pins, getting a custom one is a rather cheap date, i dropped my car off at the upholstery shop in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon done.......i already had snaps surrounding the cockpit. cost me around 170.00 was reinforced at the steering wheel too
Old 11-14-2012, 11:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

You definitely don't want to buy one from another car. As FWB mentioned, it's a cheap date plus the cover will fit better if it's cut to fit the existing pins.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Superformance Sells them and have plenty in stock. Call Dave 949-900-1956.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Tonneau cover

I have an original 427 never used cover with no grommets just the zipper
Old 11-15-2012, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: X Everett Morrison, X SPF 140, X SPF1823, currently SPF2778
Not Ranked     

I'm not sure you will like driving with with the cover on (half-on). The cover tends to flap a lot and scratch the paint. You can make a modification that will reduce the flapping - add a tenex fitting to a wood dowel and insert the dowel in in the window holes. Add the female end to the tenex fitting on the cover. This helped reduce the flapping, but it didn't help me remember to unfasten the new fastners before I opened the pasenger door.

Tom
Old 11-15-2012, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Tonneau covers from Superformance chassis actually interchange quite well. The Lift-a-Dot posts in the body are installed using a standardized jig. Even though there has been more than one jig used over the years they still exchange well. Major difference in the covers are the two Tenax fasteners used on the newer chassis. But these two fasteners and pins are easy enough to swap out. Feel free to contact me if you want to know how to swap them out.
Added Info:
It was further mentioned that the cut-outs for the rollbar and steering wheel may have shifted position slightly over the years. I could see a possible small movement in the steering wheels location from when they raised the cowl in 2001 (maybe around chassis #1200) to allow different style engine installations. But as to any shift the rollbar location, I have no clue. FYI: I have replaced my standard hoop with Olthoff's taller hoop. Everything still fits fine.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net

Last edited by Blas; 11-16-2012 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: Added Info.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 427cu (351W)
Not Ranked     

There are covers for one and for two rollbars. Make sure you get the right one.

I have an extra spare for sale (got two by mistake when I bought the car and noticed too late). It is for a car with two rollbars. BTW I live in Europe. Have no idea about shippingcosts.
Cors

Last edited by Cheesehead; 11-18-2012 at 12:31 AM..
Old 11-17-2012, 08:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

I have the stock SPF tonneau that came with the car. Tried to put it on one day and the first snap I tried scratched the car. Hasn't been on the car since.

I contacted one of the vendors over on the FFR site and they made me a custom tonneau that fits perfectly and doesn't use the snaps to attach to the body. It attaches to the sidepipes using elastic cords.

Of course, you can't drive with it in place, but then I never intended to use it that way. I only use it for protection when the car is parked in the sun or stored in the garage.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

I was thinking about making these - but we have other products inline for publication.
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com