Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Auto Huas Classics in Yorktown, VA

Has anyone purchased a cobra from here? I am traveling down late Aug- Sept time frame to begin my search for that perfect snake that I have dreamed about since I was a little boy. It only took me several years and an ungodly amount of hours behind my computer screen to choose the perfect manufacture for me, Superformance. If you have dealt with these people, please give me some feedback. Thanks and happy motoring.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

I don't know anything about the dealer, but the Superformance is a very fine replica.

I've had mine for close to 5 years now and cound not be happier. Not going to say it's the best, as that is a personal opinion, but it's in the top 3 in my opinion, and it fit what I wanted.

Good luck.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk III / Windsor platform
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou812_tugger View Post
Has anyone purchased a cobra from here? I am traveling down late Aug- Sept time frame to begin my search for that perfect snake that I have dreamed about since I was a little boy. It only took me several years and an ungodly amount of hours behind my computer screen to choose the perfect manufacture for me, Superformance. If you have dealt with these people, please give me some feedback. Thanks and happy motoring.
Where are you traveling "down" from? Buying a life long dream is a big deal. If you travel about 3 1/2 hours further south you'll find yourself at Olthoff Racing in Mt. Ulla, NC. Ask if anyone can give you some feedback on Dennis Olthoff. Just a suggestion.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427R
Not Ranked     
Default Auto Haus

I didn't buy my Superformance from Auto Haus, but I did stop into the dealership. They couldn't be bothered with showing me the cars and told me that the guy who dealt with the Superformance cars would be in on Monday and to leave my info. He never called me. Superformance is really a sideline business for these guys.

Dennis Olthoff is another story. Not only does he sell Superformance cars, his shop actually does drivetrain installs in house if you can't do it yourself. They also do all sorts of upgrades and repairs and there are always cars coming and going from there. I do all my own service work, but I have several friends here in the DC area that think nothing of loading their car in a trailer and taking it 250 miles to Dennis' shop for service and upgrades.

I bought my car second hand from someone who bought their car from Dennis and had him do all their service. I called Dennis to ask him about the car and he was happy to talk about it, and dug out his service records on the car to tell me every detail. I have also talked to him about clutch problems I was having and he was happy to chat, even though I'm sure he is a busy man.

If you want true service from your dealership, I would recommend you go to Dennis.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance V8 Ford BB
Not Ranked     

I've bought my first superformance from Auto Haus... But, it was a used one (17.000 mi). As I live in France, I bought it without even seeing it with my own eyes, only on the basis of a written description and many pictures of every detail of the car.

The price was very reasonnable, and the the description seemed in fact very fair, and I was surprised to received a car, one month later, which was in better condition than described !
Few weeks after, I've bought some spare parts or accessories for my car, by them.
According to my experience, they are kind and trusty people, very professional.

However, SPF products are surely not their core business...
Old 06-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 692, Ford 351W
Not Ranked     

FYI, Auto Haus bought out the SP dealer that was in Newport News, VA.
Don't know much about them but the gentleman who ran the dealer in Newport News is still onboard with Auto Haus.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

From one noob to another, I will also recommned Olthoff's. I drove several hours to see them last year after calling ahead and letting them know I was coming. They had a shop full of SPFs. Some for installs, some for service, some for sale. I was given a ride by a mechanic, and a customer, and Dennis spent a fair amount of time with me considering the amount of work he had in the shop.

The customer that had given me a ride has had his SPF for 15 years, and I assume has been a customer of Olthoff's all that time.

They are like a family there. In fact they are a family. And I am pretty sure that they live, eat and breath Superformance.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2920 w/ Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

I bought my SPF from them. PM me for my opinion.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have emailed Auto Huas twice about information and about me driving down to make a visit. Have not heard anything back yet. Kind of disappointing. I am in the DC metro area and just liked the sound of Auto Huas being so close. But now that I have read all your responces and the fact that no one has contacted me it looks like I may be traveling to NC instead. I understand that selling SPF is not their sole priority, but if they want to make some money they should contact me back. Thanks for your imput gents.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4000; Shelby aluminum FE with 58mm IDAs
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou812_tugger View Post
I have emailed Auto Huas twice about information and about me driving down to make a visit. Have not heard anything back yet. Kind of disappointing. I am in the DC metro area and just liked the sound of Auto Huas being so close. But now that I have read all your responces and the fact that no one has contacted me it looks like I may be traveling to NC instead. I understand that selling SPF is not their sole priority, but if they want to make some money they should contact me back. Thanks for your imput gents.
Invest the extra time to drive to Olthoff's in NC; if you're going with a Superformance, he's the man.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Duplicate post
Old 06-10-2012, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk III / Windsor platform
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stentor View Post
Invest the extra time to drive to Olthoff's in NC; if you're going with a Superformance, he's the man.
Tugger - This is the best advice you are going to get.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys, looks like I am heading to NC in August-September...
Old 06-11-2012, 09:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Auto Haus Classics

Tugger - I am one of the Superformance guys at Auto Haus Classics. I apologize no one has contacted you. I receive all the SPF leads and have not received any emails in the past several months from someone in the DC area or in the surrounding areas. It appears your emails may have gone to some other dealer. What email were you using to contact us? All leads go through Superformance's Corporate offices and then are directed to dealers so it is possible we never received anything from you. Dennis Olthoff is the man when it comes to Superformance knowledge. He is the official East Coast installer for all Superformance Dealers. He does all of our engine/tranny installs too. However, Dennis is not a Superformance Dealer and cannot sell you a new car. He can only sell used. He is an authorized service facility as are we. I would be happy to speak with you on the phone or via email. You can reach us directly at 757-898-1200 or at rob@autohausva.com. Superformance is a subsidiary of our large import luxury car dealership, but it is an important part of our business.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPFCobraGuys View Post
Tugger - I am one of the Superformance guys at Auto Haus Classics. I apologize no one has contacted you. I receive all the SPF leads and have not received any emails in the past several months from someone in the DC area or in the surrounding areas. It appears your emails may have gone to some other dealer. What email were you using to contact us? All leads go through Superformance's Corporate offices and then are directed to dealers so it is possible we never received anything from you. Dennis Olthoff is the man when it comes to Superformance knowledge. He is the official East Coast installer for all Superformance Dealers. He does all of our engine/tranny installs too. However, Dennis is not a Superformance Dealer and cannot sell you a new car. He can only sell used. He is an authorized service facility as are we. I would be happy to speak with you on the phone or via email. You can reach us directly at 757-898-1200 or at rob@autohausva.com. Superformance is a subsidiary of our large import luxury car dealership, but it is an important part of our business.
I used my yahoo email address to contact you. I am not sure if the boss will let me buy a new one unless the price is right. After conducting A LOT of research, I think used will be my best bet as long as I can ensure that the juice is worth the squeeze if you know what I mean. I will contact you via email, I would still like to visit the the Auto Huas shop only because I will be in the area late Aug through late Sept. Just to pick some brains and get a better look at the cars. I have not actually seen a Superformance in real life, only ERA and Backdraft. Do you guys have cars at the shop to look at? I will email you with further questions. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance -Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

I have built Cobras (Contemporary and ERA)..... Superformance is the best for a "Driver's " Car. Do your homework.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tugger, did you make the trip to NC yet?

Last edited by Stentor; 08-23-2012 at 06:25 PM..