Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2015, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default POC for Superformance Parts Info?

Left several messages to no avail, somebody have a Point Of Contact to talk to that will either answer the phone or call back? Guess i could try calling south africa...

Looking for chassis specific information that i haven't been able to find via web search that would normally be routine for a production car...

Going nuts just trying to research what drain plug to replace the broken one with? BMW (metic)? NPT pet cock? Al plug? Plastic plug?

If its a BMW radiator which model /year?

Thanks

PS Got the following message registering for the SPF website:

Your Membership registration has been received. You will be notified via email if your registration is accepted.

Thank you for taking the time to contribute to this website.

**IF** WTF??

Last edited by tortuga; 07-06-2015 at 02:57 PM..
Old 07-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga View Post
Left several messages to no avail, somebody have a Point Of Contact to talk to that will either answer the phone or call back? Guess i could try calling south africa...

Looking for chassis specific information that i haven't been able to find via web search that would normally be routine for a production car...

Going nuts just trying to research what drain plug to replace the broken one with? BMW (metic)? NPT pet cock? Al plug? Plastic plug?

If its a BMW radiator which model /year?

Thanks

PS Got the following message registering for the SPF website:

Your Membership registration has been received. You will be notified via email if your registration is accepted.

Thank you for taking the time to contribute to this website.

**IF** WTF??
No, it is NOT a BMW radiator, that is Backdraft. The SPF MKK III uses a custom built, in-house aluminum radiator.

The "Superformance" website you are referring to I assume is SCOF, the owners club and they do not supply factory parts.

You are welcome to email me rick@timemachinesauto.com with your chassis number and I will do my best to help you find the part.

You can't find parts for cars like this like you would at Rock Auto/NAPA/O'Reilly as they have NO idea what these are or where the parts come from. I have no idea who or where you are leaving messages but I assure you any SPF dealer will return or take your call and do their level best to help.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 07-06-2015, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Challenge Car, RDI aluminum 427w
Not Ranked     

Can you pull the original and take it to NAPA. I believe that it is metric and they'll have a good collection of plugs.

Just measured the plug the original radiator from SPO 1855, a 2004 car. This is the same plug as is in SPO 2584 (2007). It is 10 - 1.5 and about 20mm long. You can find that at a hardware store except that the plug has a sealing surface and a copper washer. A 3/8" copper washer (NAPA) would work and a standard bolt may as well.

Otherwise search for Superformance and get the main office. Ask for parts, don't immediately remember the man's name but he was helpful and called me back after one request for assistance.

Jim
1855 & 2584
Old 07-14-2015, 11:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra Chassis #408, 427FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

You might try emailing Dave Cope at Superformance. If he cannot help directly, he may be able to direct you to someone who can.

dave@superformance.com

I've never been disappointed when I've contacted them in the past. Very helpful.