Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Looking for a Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/144096-looking-superformance.html)

1ntCobra 10-17-2020 05:50 AM

Well I am still looking for one of those $25k bargains. On eBay I am now the current high bidder on CSX4786 but unfortunately $25k does not meet the reserve. ;)

olddog 10-17-2020 11:20 PM

If the sale does not happen due to the reserve, they may contact the high bidder and try to negotiate a deal. Also they may contact several others and try to get you into a private bidding competition.

1ntCobra 10-18-2020 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olddog (Post 1484214)
If the sale does not happen due to the reserve, they may contact the high bidder and try to negotiate a deal. Also they may contact several others and try to get you into a private bidding competition.

I have a feeling that dealers listing Kirkham and CSX4xxx/6xxx cars on eBay are doing it as a way of advertising the cars and they probably don't expect to get realistic bids.

Just looking on eBay now, I see Vanguard Motor Sales has a Kirkham with a buy it now price of $229,900. That just seems like a way of getting some inexpensive advertising for the car. I doubt they expect to sell the car at anywhere near that price, but maybe someone find it on a google search for Kirkhams and decide to actually go look at the car and offer to pay a realistic price, which I would guess to be aout 1/2 of the buy it now price.

I suspect that Bring A Trailer might have a better chance of selling a higher priced type of car than selling it on eBay, but looking at the last 16 auctions for CSX4xxx/6xxx cars on BAT only 6 of the 16 were sold.

Getting back to Superformance, I really wonder about the black car that sold for $135k. I think MrMustang said something about trying to make the market. It could be that someone is trying to push up Superformance prices with a fake sale, but you never know maybe the buyer had more money than sense.

mrmustang 10-18-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ntCobra (Post 1484218)

Getting back to Superformance, I really wonder about the black car that sold for $135k. I think MrMustang said something about trying to make the market. It could be that someone is trying to push up Superformance prices with a fake sale, but you never know maybe the buyer had more money than sense.

Sometimes, all it takes are two friends, or two rivals with money to burn to make a "record" sale. Sometimes there is more to it, sometimes there is not. As observers, we may never know.

Bill S.

Karl Bebout 10-18-2020 01:43 PM

CSX4927 is on Hemmings Auctions now that ends in 10 days and is sitting at $46K so far. The Shelby signed dash will surely add at least $10K to its value.

patrickt 10-18-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl Bebout (Post 1484224)
CSX4927 is on Hemmings Auctions now that ends in 10 days and is sitting at $46K so far. The Shelby signed dash will surely add at least $10K to its value.

I think it added a good $50k to mine. Maybe $75K. Possibly $100k.:cool:

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...m/flash012.JPG

csx4910 10-18-2020 06:18 PM

Barrett Jackson is selling lot 655 a red superformance Saturday with a Roush 427 small Block/550 hp

Karl Bebout 10-18-2020 08:30 PM

Well Patrick, that might be true if yours was a Genuine CSX (SPF?) rather than JUST an ERA....:)

Alfa02 10-18-2020 10:32 PM

if you read some of the comments on BaT, people believe it would be a 10K deduct because it's a signed car, but then some people have 'No Class" Karl, you got away easy tonight (Only a Hour) long phone call. I knew it was time to hang up, when you said "What Tom can't hear you, your breaking up" And you weren't even in your car, but at home :) Cheers TommyRot.

KDubU 10-19-2020 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl bebout (Post 1484236)
well patrick, that might be true if yours was a genuine csx (spf?) rather than just an era....:)

Now that is funny.

1ntCobra 10-19-2020 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1484225)
I think it added a good $50k to mine. Maybe $75K. Possibly $100k.:cool:

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...m/flash012.JPG

Oh wow! I think that's one of those unobtainable radium tipped flasher switches used in just a handful of original factory team competition Cobras. Imagine how much you could get for you car with such a rare part! :JEKYLHYDE

cycleguy55 10-19-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ntCobra (Post 1484244)
Oh wow! I think that's one of those unobtainable radium tipped flasher switches used in just a handful of original factory team competition Cobras. Imagine how much you could get for you car with such a rare part! :JEKYLHYDE

My flasher switches are tipped with unobtanium. :LOL:

Mark IV 10-20-2020 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ntCobra (Post 1484244)
Oh wow! I think that's one of those unobtainable radium tipped flasher switches used in just a handful of original factory team competition Cobras.

Like these?