Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Looking for a Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/144096-looking-superformance.html)

DWRAT 09-29-2020 10:40 PM

Looking for a Superformance
 
I'm looking for a Superformance 427.
Would like a SPO# 1750 or higher if possible.
Let me know if you have something for sale.
Thanks
Dan
_______

Andheeezonit 09-30-2020 07:47 AM

I do have 3152 for sale. What is your cap and I can tell you if we are close. It is very, very nice with under 800 test and tune miles on it.

DWRAT 09-30-2020 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andheeezonit (Post 1483441)
I do have 3152 for sale. What is your cap and I can tell you if we are close. It is very, very nice with under 800 test and tune miles on it.

$50K give or take.

Andheeezonit 09-30-2020 06:07 PM

Understood Dan, thatís a little too shy of what I need for the car. Youíre not too far from the cost of a new roller or maybe find a roller that someone has had for awhile and wants to move. 50 should get you a car you would be happy with. I tried to find a done car for awhile and got frustrated so I went the new roller route.

Alfa02 10-01-2020 11:38 AM

Dan, So far so good, no sign of you know who ;) I will be in Port Ludlow tomorrow visiting a friend (Taking my Roadster & his Daytona Coupe) out for a drive, and will stop by Don's to see if maybe just maybe he will take a real offer on his SPF. I'll call tomorrow after I get home, Good for you ? TommyRot.

BB 67 Corvette 10-02-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andheeezonit (Post 1483468)
Understood Dan, thatís a little too shy of what I need for the car. Youíre not too far from the cost of a new roller or maybe find a roller that someone has had for awhile and wants to move. 50 should get you a car you would be happy with. I tried to find a done car for awhile and got frustrated so I went the new roller route.

In my opinion going the "roller" route is insane. You can buy a nice low mileage Big block for far less the the price of a "roller". These rollers are advertised at $55k+ and most are not selling and have been advertised for months. The ones that are selling, are quietly selling far below the advertised price. Like I said, be patient. I'm confident you can find a great car in the $40's. I will continue to look for you and send you anything that looks promising.:)

twobjshelbys 10-02-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB 67 Corvette (Post 1483538)
In my opinion going the "roller" route is insane. You can buy a nice low mileage Big block for far less the the price of a "roller". These rollers are advertised at $55k+ and most are not selling and have been advertised for months. The ones that are selling, are quietly selling far below the advertised price. Like I said, be patient. I'm confident you can find a great car in the $40's. I will continue to look for you and send you anything that looks promising.:)

Do we have to have this spill over into another topic? It's like summer re-runs. We already know your low opinion of pricing but there's no value in repeating and dragging another topic into the weeds. Let's just help DWRAT find a car.

But this is summer reruns.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/supe...oking-spf.html

Mark IV 10-02-2020 01:45 PM

We have two resale SPFs coming on line shortly. I will post some details when we are able to release them.

BB 67 Corvette 10-02-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1483540)
Do we have to have this spill over into another topic? It's like summer re-runs. We already know your low opinion of pricing but there's no value in repeating and dragging another topic into the weeds. Let's just help DWRAT find a car.

But this is summer reruns.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/supe...oking-spf.html

I am trying to help him find a car, and your response is what drags topics into the weeds. Mind your own business. Go back to the SCOF Board and drink the Kool-Aide served up by Randall Thomas, Gary Osborne, et.al. In the meantime, here is one you may want to consider DWRAT, it is a lower number frame than what you are looking for, but it has low miles and can be bought in the Low $40's.

2001 Superformance Cobra for sale in , | ID45210COLO

twobjshelbys 10-02-2020 06:16 PM

You've already said everything you have to say, at least three times. Two times in the other topic and now here. It's contributing nothing new. We no longer care about whatever burr under your saddle you have against the other site, but you're getting real close to getting the same response here.

When you actually find a 40k car, feel free to post it here. Meanwhile telling him that every car posted can be had for 40K is obviously not true or he'd have one.

Alfa02 10-02-2020 08:36 PM

Just a quick note, telling someone to "mind their own business" is more then enough grounds on this site, to get you barred, ask our buddy (hauss ;) ) if that's not the case. My Father (wiser man then me) once told me if you have nothing new to add, just keep quiet, less you look like a fool. TommyRot.

Ace23 10-02-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB 67 Corvette (Post 1483538)
In my opinion going the "roller" route is insane. You can buy a nice low mileage Big block for far less the the price of a "roller". These rollers are advertised at $55k+ and most are not selling and have been advertised for months. The ones that are selling, are quietly selling far below the advertised price. Like I said, be patient. I'm confident you can find a great car in the $40's. I will continue to look for you and send you anything that looks promising.:)

Reading this reminds me of when Joe Biden said Antifa was just an idea this past week.

I have to give you a good ribbing on this one. If you can find quality SPF cars in the low 40s that is awesome. I was thinking mid 50ís for basic cars but I havenít been looking close as of lately either. To each their own and I hope this gentlemen can find a car at a reasonable price.

olddog 10-04-2020 12:42 AM

Stay clear of political comments, too.

mrmustang 10-04-2020 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olddog (Post 1483599)
Stay clear of political comments, too.

https://live.staticflickr.com/3623/3...293248b7_b.jpg

Just saying ;)

Andheeezonit 10-04-2020 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB 67 Corvette (Post 1483538)
In my opinion going the "roller" route is insane. You can buy a nice low mileage Big block for far less the the price of a "roller". These rollers are advertised at $55k+ and most are not selling and have been advertised for months. The ones that are selling, are quietly selling far below the advertised price. Like I said, be patient. I'm confident you can find a great car in the $40's. I will continue to look for you and send you anything that looks promising.:)

So now people are insane for spending money that is THEIRS for something that THEY would like to have.

KDubU 10-04-2020 08:06 AM

To the OP, there is a Superformance on BAT currently with no reserve. Not a S/C but looks nice although I would change out the 18’s for 15’s but that is me. I may even bid on it myself.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ormance-mkiii/

cycleguy55 10-04-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDubU (Post 1483606)
To the OP, there is a Superformance on BAT currently with no reserve. Not a S/C but looks nice although I would change out the 18ís for 15ís but that is me. I may even bid on it myself.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ormance-mkiii/

Agreed - I think 15" wheels look much better, but to each their own. Nice looking car, but the fluid drops hanging from the transmission indicate something needs attention - but I guess that's part of owning a 1960s car (albeit a replica).

Jamo 10-04-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB 67 Corvette (Post 1483555)
I am trying to help him find a car, and your response is what drags topics into the weeds. Mind your own business. Go back to the SCOF Board and drink the Kool-Aide served up by Randall Thomas, Gary Osborne, et.al. In the meantime, here is one you may want to consider DWRAT, it is a lower number frame than what you are looking for, but it has low miles and can be bought in the Low $40's.

2001 Superformance Cobra for sale in , | ID45210COLO


Cool it or you're out of here. You post here asking questions and you're going to get a response. First and final warning.

Jamo 10-04-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1483556)
You've already said everything you have to say, at least three times. Two times in the other topic and now here. It's contributing nothing new. We no longer care about whatever burr under your saddle you have against the other site, but you're getting real close to getting the same response here.

When you actually find a 40k car, feel free to post it here. Meanwhile telling him that every car posted can be had for 40K is obviously not true or he'd have one.


You should talk. No patience this morning, so don't respond.

Jamo 10-04-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace23 (Post 1483560)
reading this reminds me of when joe biden said antifa was just an idea this past week.

i have to give you a good ribbing on this one. If you can find quality spf cars in the low 40s that is awesome. I was thinking mid 50’s for basic cars but i haven’t been looking close as of lately either. To each their own and i hope this gentlemen can find a car at a reasonable price.


no political content...period


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the clubcobra.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Shelby American, any other replica manufacturer, Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by clubcobra.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Ford Motor Company, or Shelby American or any other manufacturer unless expressly noted by that entity. "Cobra" and the Cobra logo are registered trademarks for Ford Motor Co., Inc. clubcobra.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting clubcobra.com. For full policy documentation refer to the following link: