Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-21-2006, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 545" stroked 460 - sold
Not Ranked     
Smile SPF1415 Checking in, new member intro

Long time lurking at CC and recently joined, finally have SPF1415 home and wanted to say hello to the forum. I was fortunate to buy from an owner who put a lot of time and effort into 1415. It is solid Monza Red and has a Coast High Performance 545 stroker with a Holley 850, Tremec and 3:73 posi. I'm updating the soft top and learning about Fords, an entirely new area for me having had many Corvettes over the years. I had actually started an ERA project once but before it really got off the ground had to cancel. The experience and help available here is incredible, and greatly appreciated. I posted a first pic in the members gallery and will have more to follow. Hi everybody
Old 10-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

Welcome to CC Velox!! SPF's are great cars.....I am the previous owner of SPF1299.

I also have had my share of vettes, probably a dozen or so in the past 30 years. Although vettes are nice......they ain't sh!t compared to the cobra!!

Cobras are alot of fun and potentially dangerous if not respected.

Enjoy,
Old 10-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

Don,

to the madness!

Cheers!
Dave
Old 10-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

Are you pulling for the Cardinals or the Tigers.......
Old 10-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

Welcome, Don,

You'll love the car. Hope you have some nice weather yet this year to get acquainted and ejnoy it.

Lowell
Old 10-21-2006, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1421
Not Ranked     

CONGRATS!! Have fun and start slow, you can always go faster later. I remember one of my first rides thinking awe shucks these cars aren't that hard to handle, then I made a right on red, punched it and almost wound up in the guard rail!! The whole time the car just seemed to go faster and faster. In fact, I almost lost my hat. Real eye-opening experience for me.

The color is great. Looks a bit 'orangie' in the photo. Is it really more red than orange?
Old 10-21-2006, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, CHP 427w Streetfignter, Injected Venom.Mass-Flo...550 hp , 550 torq..spec pulley sys..
Not Ranked     
Default welcome?

WE don't need another member, especially a vette guy. so go home and back to where you came from!!!!

Now that I have your attention........just messin' with ya Don.....you are very welcome here and you will benefit from all the knowledge that these guys possess. They are a good bunch..and they have great hints how to keep it on the road and safe!! I wish you and your new ride..............the best!!

fred z
Old 10-21-2006, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slojo
The color is great. Looks a bit 'orangie' in the photo. Is it really more red than orange?
Thanks all, yes too many Vets, too much Chevy, took me a bit to understand that they actually put the dizzy in front hmmm I'm going to take it very slow and careful with this Cobra, I understand there is a lot of HP there for a 2700 pound car Any, yes the car actually is very no-fooling-around RED the photo I posted was my first digital pic of the car which I had just safely gotten into my basement where I put the "special" projects. I have underground access on one side of my house thru steel door and this way the car is totally protected, which is a good thing tonight as supposed to start snowing around midnight Anyway Slojo here is a better (outdoor) shot of the RED: Name:  red.jpg
Views: 1773
Size:  34.8 KB
Old 10-21-2006, 09:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Superformance Cobra. Engine is Coast High Performance "Cobra Classic" 427 stroker
Not Ranked     

Beautiful car! I've got SPF # 1410, with a Coast High Performance motor (427w). It's a great combination.

You're going to love your car. Have fun....!
Old 10-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Don, welcome and nice color choice! ;-) At least I know now what my car would look like without the stripes.

For the record everyone, our color red (the SPF red, Monza Red, Lazer Red, etc.) is very much a "fire engine red", a retina burning red. I have taken countless photos and many do end up coming out with an orange tinge to them. FYI.

-Dean #747

P.S. Don, I'm an ex-Corvette/Chevy guy myself. Fords are fast, too. You just have to get used to the distributor being on the opposite end of the block.

Last edited by RedBarchetta; 10-21-2006 at 10:04 PM..
Old 10-22-2006, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, FRP460 Big Block
Not Ranked     

Welcome!

Nice color...I envy you with the basement access. Great feature to a house.

SPF#1052 11mpg
CAV GT40 MONO29 9mpg
'94 35th Anniversary Rover Mini Cooper 32mpg
'01 MB CL600 V12 18mpg
'08 Volvo S80 18mpg
Old 10-22-2006, 06:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

I thought it was orange there for a second. Beautiful color. Congrats and welcome.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It's tough to photo a red car without getting an orange tint in the pic.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoop
Welcome!

Nice color...I envy you with the basement access. Great feature to a house.
Yes it was very difficult to get this past the BOSS about 20 years ago in that I had a crew come out and knock a big hole in one end of our brick ranch after digging part of the lawn and dirt out to get down to the foundation. I tried to sell her the idea as a great way to move lawn stuff in and out of an unused basement with huge empy concrete floor rooms but she knew right off it was another CAR thing. In the winter months I can get into almost anything in heated comfort, just have to be real careful with any vapors or fumes
Old 10-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

Sweeeeeeet garage setup, and great looking Cobra, Don.

Cheers!
Dave
Old 10-28-2006, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #095, w/ 1966 428
Not Ranked     
Default Welcome!

Don,
Welcome to the CC SPF corner. Please let me know how the top upgrade goes. I was planing this as chistmas gift for my wife. (she thinks the car is hers)

Last edited by Tom of VA; 10-29-2006 at 01:40 AM..
Old 10-28-2006, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427W
Not Ranked     

A bit off topic, but Don how do you handle the water that must run down into the basement / garage?
Old 11-05-2006, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 514 ci
Not Ranked     

Velox,

If you have not dome so already you should join SCOF....great place to hang out and make friends. Also, you are well centered in the geographical USA and in good shape to attend some of the many SCOF functions. All are a pile of fun and always in great places. SCOF will add significant fun and value to your SPF ownership.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Vincent
A bit off topic, but Don how do you handle the water that must run down into the basement / garage?
Hi Roger, my basement has zero water. all of the foundation around the entire basement is filled and drained to follow the downhill direction of the ground. The basement access door is on the side of the house where the ground is the lowest, and the concrete run to the door is built on a downhill slope as well, so everything there runs away from basement (and the door I put in ) The door seals well with the house and ground and even in driving rain coming in against that door zero water comes inside. If you look at the pic you can see how much slope there is, works well
Old 11-05-2006, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary osborne
Velox,

If you have not dome so already you should join SCOF....great place to hang out and make friends. Also, you are well centered in the geographical USA and in good shape to attend some of the many SCOF functions. All are a pile of fun and always in great places. SCOF will add significant fun and value to your SPF ownership.
Hi Gary, I sent in my SCOF application the day my car arrived Also applied to Second Strike. My understanding is it takes awhile for the SCOF application data to go through the system. Thanks for your input, hopefully the SCOF process will go through soon and I can participate there

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: