Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   New Roush Valve Covers (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/79153-new-roush-valve-covers.html)

VintageUpgrades 05-23-2007 08:06 AM

New Roush Valve Covers

These came in today. I don't know the price yet.

Tongue Pirate 05-23-2007 08:16 AM

Those are nice!

Cobra_Troop 05-23-2007 08:48 AM

sweet looking

Cashburn 05-23-2007 10:16 AM

$2,000 and $3,000 with the Air Cleaners (for stack injection).

h2oman 05-23-2007 10:22 AM

SWEET!

I wonder if they will fit on my crate motor? %/ :rolleyes: :LOL: :p

Madmiles442 05-23-2007 09:16 PM

$2k?
Are you high?
These are handsome but the black finned Cobra ones aren't THAT different.
Man, too much cash by 2x.
Just my $.02

emberglo66 05-24-2007 05:03 AM

Saw those covers at the ROUSH booth at SEMA last year, they look a lot better now they were a bit rough. $2K.... Considering we would spend $200 for an autograph on our glove box door or dash, makes them kind of .... not so expensive!

Kramer 05-24-2007 06:59 AM

I am spending good money for my cobra so like it our not I appreciate how much it cose to get the right look....... but 2K for valve covers is rediculous.

Juggernaut 05-24-2007 10:13 AM

I can think of better ways to spend $ 2,000.

Way too much money for me to spend on valve covers.

Why so expensive, anyway? (Must be the name)

Randy

Tongue Pirate 05-24-2007 10:22 AM

This is for those who have run out of better ways;)

Cashburn 05-24-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tongue Pirate
This is for those who have run out of better ways;)

Yes. You understand.

TRIG 05-24-2007 11:49 AM

I agree, that price is WAY tooooo much. They are just valve covers right?

trig2275

Goober 05-24-2007 11:57 AM

$2,000.00? Makes sense. $1500 to Carroll, $300 to Jack and $200 to have them made outside the U.S.!! Besides, someone has to skin the fake snakes

Mark

emberglo66 05-24-2007 12:00 PM

2K is a lot of money!!!! I spent an arm and a leg for mine ROUSH valve covers, waited 6 months for them as well. But it is the look I wanted. There is a bunch of CNC work in each cover and the quality .....

SP01715 05-26-2007 09:09 AM

I saw them with the matching aircleaner cover on Shelby's personal coupe at Hillbank a couple weeks ago and they are very nice. I was quoted 2500 for valve covers and air cleaner cover which is a high price, but the look like I said is very nice.

lovehamr 05-26-2007 12:18 PM

Do they jump into the car with you and mimic a scantily clad and buxom blonde on her first Cobra ride every time you fire it up?

"Very nice"?!...........................2-3k worth of very nice!?

I'm afraid that reality has slipped through a few grasps.

Steve

smeredith 05-26-2007 01:26 PM

I don't know why these would be $2000. I just got my engine from Roush last week with the valve covers/air cleaner that SPF1715 said he saw on Shelby's personnal car for an additional $1000. Have picks of it out of the crate and the engine in Shelby's car. They do have a carbon fiber look??

VintageUpgrades 05-26-2007 04:51 PM

My purpose of posting the pics was to show something new on the market. I didn't say everyone had to buy a set. There was a reason I didn't give a price. There is a lot of work that takes a solid billet block of aluminum and turns it into these. If you would like to see the motor these go on, check out my gallery. That's it. The end.

Lowell W 05-26-2007 06:02 PM

OK: Look at it this way. If somebody handed you $2,000 and said "Get either the Roush valve covers or the 'Shelby' Superformance firewall tag", which would you rather have? :D

Mitch,

You're right: There's a lot of machine work involved in making those covers from a billet, plus a lot of aluminum scrap, plus anodizing, plus a programming job for the CNC machine. Still...Two thousand bucks is a LOT of money for Bling valve covers.

IMO, If someone wants me to wear/use something to promote their product, the item should be free. For example: The last time I ordered from Summit, they sent me a hat. Hey, thanks, but I wouldn't BUY a "Summit" hat. If I have Roush build me an engine, fine, put on the "Roush" valve covers. Maybe I'll keep 'em; maybe not.

I think a lot of guys here are looking at those $2,000 valve covers and thinking "designer handbags". :rolleyes:

This is a rough crowd, ya know. ;)

Lowell

smeredith 05-26-2007 07:03 PM

Mitch,
IMO that is one awsome motor! Is that a picture of yours with the stacks on it. The valve covers and top of the stacks looks like they have a carbon fiber piece? I don't know about you, but after the money I spent on my car, when it came down to valve covers/ air cleaner, another $1000 seemed like a drop in the bucket to get something that I liked. Some people might not like the commercial aspect of Roush, and I don't hear a lot of love for Shelby but I still love the engines and the cars they produced.