Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default LS2 / LS7 in a SPF

Hi,
looking for infos on putting a chevy LS2 / LS7 in a SPF Cobra. I'am glad for any infos and suggestions!
Thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA; 331 stroker; TKO 600:3.54 Rear
Not Ranked     

I suggest you don't do it if it for a car in the USA. Resale would suffer significantly as US cobra owners rarely (today virtually never) use Chevy motors. Down under it is different I understand, as is sometimes the case in certain European areas. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 545" stroked 460 - sold
Not Ranked     

Superformance rollers can be ordered with small and big block Ford engine mount setups, FE's, 385 series etc, and Superformance has headers for their cars and these engines setup ready to go. Changing to something like an LS2 would mean different (custom) mounts, new custom headers, a ton of minor mods as well - fuel systems, engine management systems, wiring harness adaptations etc. Superformance rollers are complete - body fixed to frame, painted etc - so it's not like a kit where you don't put the body on until the frame has been adapted to your build plan. I would recommend not doing this, but obviously, it could be done probably with enough time and money Then there is that Chebby factor
Old 06-13-2007, 09:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance#1325, Miller Machine FE
Not Ranked     
Default My not buy a corvette

Don't make me come over there!

Don't do it.....
Old 06-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

a guy in Wisconsin ( scott s ) put a Chebby ( LS 1, I believe but not certain ) in his spf . looked great , ran great ..but he said it was a mutha getting it to fit, with many in and outs before he finished his install ...

for resale - go ford in North America . these repliaca-any brand- are almost sale proof without a ford engine in em . bill
Old 06-13-2007, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Guys,

I don’t what to have this thread escalate into a Ford versus Chevy Cobra engine debate; but FWIW, I'm a member of the Windy City Cobra Club and a die-hard Ford guy. My SPF has a 351W stroked to 408CI. I think its great combination; the car is quick, agile and a blast to drive. But, IMHO, if you have the mechanical expertise or a big checkbook and want a Chevy engine in your cobra...go for it!!! The WCCC has two cobras with Viper V10's, two cars with Buick V6’s with twin turbos another member has a cobra assembled in Mexico with a Chevy 350!!!

Guess what I’m saying is that it’s your dream car, so install your engine of choice and hang on for the ride of a lifetime.

Badman

If you can't drink it, eat it, "kiss" it, spend it, or drive it fast...get rid of it!!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison LS1
Not Ranked     

I'm puttibg an LS1 in an Everett-Morrison with C4 aluminum suspension and T56 6 speed trans--In the WCCC there are E-M with the C4 suspension that have a Vper V10, a turbo buick, 434 sbc, bbc, huge chry hemi--don't know if any of the E-M have Fords in them

Jerry
Old 06-13-2007, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Superformance in South Africa should have all the Jigs ready to supply the chassis with mounts for LS1 and T56. CTC are the Australian Superformance agents and they did all the ground work for setting up the mounts. They built a dummy chassis with all the mounts in the right spot and then Superformance built the chassis to suit.

It may be sacrelige to put a Chev in a Cobra in the US but we don't mind too much down here. Especially when our strict emissions laws rule out running any traditional engines.

The light weight and huge power potential of this motor makes for a really good road and track car. Plus it'll return 24 MPG on a trip and be very civilised to drive.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 06-13-2007 at 06:15 PM..
Old 06-13-2007, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     

What happen to Ausstralia being a big Ford Country?
I must have missed something. Did Ford drop the ball?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Nope, they are still going strong. They've got some cars down here that you blokes would love up there. The Falcon XR8 and XR6 Turbo ar both great and we've got a whole raft of hotter versions from Ford Performance Vehicles. V8 Supercars dominate the racing on TV and that's just a big battle between Ford and Holden with masses of followers on both sides.

You guys are getting the Pontiac G8 next year which is the Holden Commodore SS with Pontiac badges on it.

Ford Australia power the XR8 with a quad cam version of the 5.4 in the Lightning pickup. The quad cam heads (derived from the 4.6 Cobra motor) make this an extremely wide motor and a real challenge to squeeze into a Cobra. There are a few getting built but it's hard work.

Cheers

Old 06-14-2007, 02:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     

The SPEED channel use to broadcast the Australian V8 series here before they became the NASCAR channel.

The Holden That they sold as the GTO here had no style. Looked like every other car on the road.

Glad to here FORD is still alive Down Under.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance,#058,66 427 Sideoiler
Not Ranked     

Although I live in South Africa down under ,I will not drop a Chev into a Superformance.I used to own another Kit Car which had a Chev 350 in.Sold it and bought the Superformance.FORD ALL THE WAY.