Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Ok...how do you secure a SF ? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/85449-ok-how-do-you-secure-sf.html)

Bartruff1 02-22-2008 10:30 AM

Ok...how do you secure a SF ?

Going to pick it up next month and trailer it home. I'm sure Dynamic can tell me, even show me, how to tie it down securely and without damage but I suspect there are people in here that can give me the benefit of their experience ??

CHRIS DAMSCH 02-22-2008 10:52 AM

There are tie down loops welded to the frame. One in the rear and one in the front.

wtm442 02-22-2008 10:54 AM

Same as what Chris said ... my SPF is close to his #. I would assume they still have the loops on new cars.

Congrats on your purchase. :MECOOL::MECOOL:

thudmaster 02-22-2008 11:18 AM

Loops are still there..........grats on new arrival........

Bartruff1 02-22-2008 11:30 AM

Hot damn....Jesus I feel like a teenage father with his first kid...don't know what to do....scared to death I am going to hurt it !!! I've had a lot of new cars (mostly Pickups and Jeeps) but this is different...thanks for the info..

ekrupa2 02-22-2008 12:56 PM

I used the tie downs to pick up mine from Chicago to detroit. One caution. Our tie downs had large hooks and they both would not fit in the welded rings. I had to hook the one hook into the other hool as opposed to the ring. Made me nervous as if the main strap failed i would have had a big problem. She is home safe and sound though. So...just make sure your tie downs dont have huge hooks.

kayakjack 02-22-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartruff1 (Post 817917)
I feel like a teenage father with his first kid...don't know what to do....scared to death I am going to hurt it !!! I've had a lot of new cars (mostly Pickups and Jeeps) but this is different...

Bart,

Congrats on the new car. I've had mine 1 1/2 years and you still can't wipe the smile off my face. My only real regret is I don't seem to have the time to rack up as many miles as I want.

Jack

madmaxx 02-22-2008 02:18 PM

Bartruff1

You are so lucky, I am still waiting for a ship date!!! My have to get some sleeping pills LOL!!

Bartruff1 02-22-2008 02:51 PM

Snow here

The wait is about 4 months but it wasn't so bad for me cuz there is 4' of snow out my window as I type this and the car would have sat in the garage anyway...but now the days are longer and warmer and it is time !!!

Bartruff1 02-22-2008 02:54 PM

Thanks for the heads up..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekrupa2 (Post 817948)
I used the tie downs to pick up mine from Chicago to detroit. One caution. Our tie downs had large hooks and they both would not fit in the welded rings. I had to hook the one hook into the other hool as opposed to the ring. Made me nervous as if the main strap failed i would have had a big problem. She is home safe and sound though. So...just make sure your tie downs dont have huge hooks.

....good tip...that must have been scary. Glad it all worked out

Silverback51 02-22-2008 04:57 PM

What you can do is put a large shackle in the tie down and then you can hook two straps to it.

See the link below for what I'm talking about.

Grainger Industrial Supply: Anchor Shackle,13,000 Lb Cap,7/8 Size 2XY27

jdog 02-22-2008 05:26 PM

Like this......

Just like this, they'er crossed in the rear.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...on_trailer.jpg

jdog

Dwight 02-22-2008 06:55 PM

don't forget to put the trannie in neutral

Dwight

Tim Brewer 02-22-2008 08:09 PM

Big thing here, if it's an open trailer, DO NOT TRANSPORT IT WITH A COVER ON IT!

Bartruff1 02-22-2008 08:48 PM

Silver

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback51 (Post 817987)
What you can do is put a large shackle in the tie down and then you can hook two straps to it.

See the link below for what I'm talking about.

Grainger Industrial Supply: Anchor Shackle,13,000 Lb Cap,7/8 Size 2XY27

I couldn't get the link to work ?

Bartruff1 02-22-2008 08:49 PM

I wouldn't have guessed that ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight (Post 818011)
don't forget to put the trannie in neutral

Dwight

Why is that ? I would have put it in nuetral ?

mrmustang 02-22-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartruff1 (Post 818041)
Why is that ? I would have put it in nuetral ?

The rocking motion of the car sitting on the trailer will "eat" the internals of the transmission if left in gear. New car carriers (and some of us who have towed antique cars in the past :D ) have known this one for over 25 years. Also, when tying down the car, loosely ratchet the straps, then place the car in neutral and tighten them down snuggly.

Bill S.

Silverback51 02-23-2008 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartruff1 (Post 818036)
I couldn't get the link to work ?

Try this.

Type in "www.grainger.com" and then do a search on "Shackle". Then you will see what I mean.

Bartruff1 02-23-2008 07:28 AM

I'll be damned...makes sense

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 818053)
The rocking motion of the car sitting on the trailer will "eat" the internals of the transmission if left in gear. New car carriers (and some of us who have towed antique cars in the past :D ) have known this one for over 25 years. Also, when tying down the car, loosely ratchet the straps, then place the car in neutral and tighten them down snuggly.

Bill S.

Thanks Bill, I never would have thought of that...in fact I would have done just the opposite..

Bartruff1 02-23-2008 07:31 AM

Got it !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback51 (Post 818075)
Try this.

Type in "www.grainger.com" and then do a search on "Shackle". Then you will see what I mean.

Thanks again Silverback...damn I'll be glad to get this thing home...