Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 07:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Roush 427 placard

Hello,

I received my Roush 427R placard. I have to admit it is very very nice, the side badges were chinzy to be polite. My question is how would you mount the placard to the firewall. I prefer not to drill holes. Has anyone siloconed it, or used double face tape? I definetly do not want it to fall off on the road.

On a side not it appears my beautiful beast will be sitting spotless under its new car cover for a while. Of all the crazy crap I do I end up slipping on some wet steps at a pool party and intially thought I broke my back. I have a massive bruise and contusion going from my mid back to the bottom of my but with a softball size lump. Emergency room doctor said no broken bones or vertabrae. Pain was severe, funny thing as I was riding in the ambulance I had such piece of mind knowing my spf was clean and dry and locked up in my garage. Be carefull out there!!
Old 05-28-2008, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Auto Restoration and Service
Not Ranked     

You can use 3M tape. It works fine.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

When you are good too go again ( soon I hope ) drill the holes. Then it won't come off. Since this is a superformance mount it next to the cs placard. Then it will look kewl.
Good luck on your injury and I hope it does not keep you out of the drivers seat long...........

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........

Last edited by thudmaster; 05-28-2008 at 08:37 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Mine is mounted on the firewall with rivets...

Old 05-29-2008, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks a bunch!! It will be at least 2-4 weeks before I can drive, I tried to sit in it last night and it HURT. But it HURTS to sit in any car.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R-095, Pro Systems carb, 2" headers, Buckshot Racefab side pipes, 10s off idle start
Not Ranked     

I wonder if some of the engines sold as 427R are 434R? I have the exact same numbers on my engine dyno sheet as the plaque above with 561HP, but a blank Roush plaque. I never put it on the car. My valve cover does say 427R-095.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg schroeder View Post
I wonder if some of the engines sold as 427R are 434R? I have the exact same numbers on my engine dyno sheet as the plaque above with 561HP, but a blank Roush plaque. I never put it on the car. My valve cover does say 427R-095.

As far as I know there were only three built by Roush. My car was owned and the motor was built by the then head of engine development for Roush and was the first built.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I called Roush prior to buying mine and asked why the numbers differed so much on the dyno sheets and why they were not all the same. They replied depending on air temp, humidity etc there will be a variance. This is the first I have heard of a 434R, I wonder if they are all 434R but they now call them 427's because 427's is a notorious number. Either way I am thrilled with mine.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R-095, Pro Systems carb, 2" headers, Buckshot Racefab side pipes, 10s off idle start
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
I called Roush prior to buying mine and asked why the numbers differed so much on the dyno sheets and why they were not all the same. They replied depending on air temp, humidity etc there will be a variance. This is the first I have heard of a 434R, I wonder if they are all 434R but they now call them 427's because 427's is a notorious number. Either way I am thrilled with mine.

You may have percieved that particular explanation of power values from Roush or a dealer of their product however the dyno sheet can express both corrected power values and as tested values. When using the corrected values it's comparing apples to apples regardless of test conditions. Here's a dyno correction calculator for reference.

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_cf.htm

Some of the reason the corrected numbers vary from assorted engines is because they're set up diffrently. Single plane intake manifolds make the most power. Dual plane intake make less. Cam specs may vary from one Roush engine to another even if they're both 427Rs. They don't seem to want to discolse cam specs. Timing is another reason why the engine power values vary. Roush is pretty tight with detail I'm sure. If they put together two alike engines with the same tune they'll probably make really close power.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

You know there is the 427SR, 427SR with TW Cam, and 427R right?
Old 06-13-2008, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashburn View Post
You know there is the 427SR, 427SR with TW Cam, and 427R right?
Yes, the variety of egines are for assorted wants and applications I suppose. The 427R is the fastest in every respect along with being able to cruise at 1600 rpm and pull like a freight train starting from idle on up.