Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club Event (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club-event/)
-   -   2013 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club-event/118549-2013-texas-cobra-club-spring-meet.html)

KSW64 01-01-2013 07:06 PM

2013 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet

Happy New Year to all of our Cobra Brothers and Sisters,

Registration for the TCC Spring Meet 2013 is now open. Please go to Texas Cobra Meet. Click on Registration and Fees. It is pretty simple and easy to use. There is some required information that we need. You can add up to 4 additional guests. There are no additional costs for adding guest unless you are purchasing meals for them at the Saturday Night Banquet. Of course, banquet attendance is optional.

NOTE: If you need to MODIFY or CANCEL your registration, please, email me at kenswalker@att.net. I will need to make all changes manually. There is not an option for you to do it yourself. Sorry for any inconvenience that may cause.

Hotel Registration is a separate process. Go the Hotel Info page on the website to make you hotel reservations. Our reduced room rate for the event is $139.00.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Event Date – Thursday, April 4 through Sunday, April 7
Online Registration Deadline – Tuesday, April 2 Onsite Registration will be available as needed. Please register online.
Banquet Meal Purchase Deadline – Monday, April 1 NO EXCEPTIONS We need to have a headcount into the caterers on April 1.
Refunds for Banquet Meals – Monday, April 1 NO EXCEPTIONS

Registration is $35.00 per Cobra, GT40, or Daytona (Same as last year)
Cost per person for the Saturday Night Banquet meal is $40.00 per person (same as last year)
Optional fee includes $10.00 registration fee for the Saturday Poker Run (same as last year)

Please see the AGENDA page on the website for additional information. It will be updated regularly.

If you have any questions, please call me at 512-557-3694 or email kenswalker@att.net.

See you in April!!

Ken Walker

B&B-Cobra 01-05-2013 05:20 PM

Just registered and looking forward to my first Texas Cobra Club meet. When booking the hotel though, it's giving the rate of $149.00 for the "TX Cobra Club." Should it be $139.00??

-Matt

KSW64 01-05-2013 08:22 PM

$139 should be the rate for a single. $149 for a double. We will look into it on Monday. Please send me a Private Message with some contact info.
Thanks
Ken Walker

KSW64 01-13-2013 12:50 PM

TCC 2013 Spring Meet--Update

As of Sunday, Jan 13th, we have 32 cars and over 55 folks registered for the TCC Spring meet in San Marcos, TX. All details for the Meet are on our website Texas Cobra Meet.

I would still like to get photos of attendees of you as a teenager or young adult with your first car OR a photo of you during your military service. Also send along a current photo of you with your car. Make sure you can see your face in the current photos.

I have had little response to the email I sent out of last year's attendees about holding a "TCC-style" Pinewood Derby. If you are interested in participating in a "no-holds barred" PWD :MECOOL:, please send me an email or PM. We will not proceed with the PWD until we get commitments from at least 30 participants. We have created our own set of rules and classification of cars.

I will post the PWD details on the website in a few days.

Thanks and I will see you in April!!
Ken Walker
Texas Cobra Club

Luce 01-17-2013 05:19 PM

Do you have some details on this proposed PWD? I may be down for it if I had a better idea what it was.

KSW64 01-17-2013 07:20 PM

PWD details.

I will have PWD details posted on our website over the weekend. Thanks for the post.

KEN

charles roybal 01-18-2013 05:37 AM

We have a SVT GT-500 mustang group that attends our monthly Caffeine and Octane....would it be ok to invite them to attend TCC?
Charles

KSW64 01-18-2013 07:31 AM

Charles,
Let me talk it over with the planning committe.

KEN

KSW64 01-20-2013 06:16 PM

As of Jan 20 around 8pm we have 49 cars with 79 attendees and guests registered for the Spring Meet. I have updated the "Who's Coming" section on the our Website. Texas Cobra Meet

The agenda has been updated as well. The Pinewood Derby event is tentatively scheduled for late Friday afternoon at the Hotel. See the website for additional information.

On Saturday, there is a planned cruised to Hershal Byrd's Ranch just about 3 miles outside Fredericksburg. More details to follow. Hershal's place will be one of the stops on our Poker Run.

If you have registered but selected "Pay-at-the-Door", you will need to send payment for the Saturday night Banquet to me before April 1st. Please email me at kenswalker@att.net to make payment arrangements. We need a complete headcount for the dinner by April 1st. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks
Ken Walker

B&D in Texas 01-20-2013 08:24 PM

Is there a section for Cars in Progress ?

Seagull81 01-21-2013 01:01 AM

We have had several cars in gelcoat and one that was a in the go cart stage. Come on up and join us. Last year we have a guy from El Paso come in gelcoat to look at all the paint colors to help him decide what color he wanted to put on his roadster. Everyone is welcome even if you don't have a car. There are always seats available for the cruises. Just check in with the folks at the registration trailer and they will find a seat for you.
Check the website. There are a couple of the Corpus guys already signed up.

Texasdoc 01-21-2013 03:36 PM

I was in gelcoat last year. Now painted. Getting the interior installed now. Can't wait for this year's meet.

Walterdurbin 01-23-2013 08:14 AM

just signed up for the Sprong meet .. looking forward to visiting with all of you and get some ideas and info ... ken has been a great help so far .. see you there

PurpleVenom 01-31-2013 04:34 PM

Embassy is booked full for 4/3 and 4/4. Rooms still available for 4/5 and 4/6. Get 'em while you can! Will be arriving Wednesday night and staying up the road at Country Inn ($102/night) Wed and Thursday. Hope to make some of the impromtu cruises on Thursday that we missed last year.

KSW64 02-01-2013 07:35 PM

TCC Spring Meet Update for Feb 01

As of Feb 01 we have 74 cars and 120 folks registered for the TCC Spring Meet. There are a few updates posted on our website Texas Cobra Meet.

--Images of the TCC Spring Meet T-shirt with prices are now posted
--A complete set of PINEWOOD Derby rules for all classes are now posted

Update on the Hotel: As previously posted, the hotel is sold out on Wednesday, April 3 and Thursday, April 4th. There are few rooms left of Friday and Saturday nights.

FYI--We reserved about a 15% increase in rooms each night over last year's numbers. We apologize for the inconvenience. The hotel sales staff is keeping me posted on additional rooms as they come available.

Ken Walker

KSW64 02-10-2013 06:45 PM

Weekly TCC Spring Meet Update

As of Sunday, Feb 10th we have 124 folks registered for the Spring meet. This represents 77 cars plus 47 guests. Thanks for the early registration.

As a reminder if you want to participate in the TCC Spring Meet Pinewood Derby the rules for each racing class are posted on the website. Texas Cobra Meet.

We are still working with the Embassy Suites hotels on additional hotel rooms but at this time they are completely sold out. As rooms become available we immediately post on ClubCobra. There are several other hotels within 1 mile of the Embassy Suites with very reasonable rates. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have cause.

We will also be posting a diagram of the parking lot. Parking rules will be followed to the letter. If you are asking to move your rig to allow us to accommodate additional trucks and trailers please do so. There will be a special parking area for open trailers. We appreciate everyone consideration in making this event run as smoothly as possible.

Thanks and see you in April
Ken Walker

KSW64 02-26-2013 05:44 PM

TCC Spring Meet Weekly Update Feb 26

Hey Gang,
Here is the weekly update for the TCC Spring Meet. As of Feb 25 we have 85 cars registered and approx. 139 drivers and guests. I know many of you still have not registered but are planning on attending. Please go ahead and register as soon as possible. This allows us to plan more efficiently.

UPDATE:
There will be a track day on Friday, April 5th at Harris Hill Raceway from 10am-5pm. Online registration and payment are mandatory. There are only 30 slots for the track event. First come First Served. Other details including the registration info are on the TCC Spring Meet website Texas Cobra Meet. There will be no onsite registration for the Track Day.

INFO NEEDED: If you are planning on entering a car in the Pinewood Derby race at the Spring Meet, I need to hear from you. Please send an email to me as soon as possible kenswalker@att.net. We want to judge the interest in this event before we proceed with finalizing the race.

The agenda is up-to-date as of today however as new things pop up, I will post the changes.

Thanks
Ken

GForce 03-19-2013 09:59 PM

I can't wait to get back to the great state of Texas. I'm looking forward to making new friends and seeing some old ones too!! Kind of a long drive from Ohio, but I'm sure it will be worth it.
Gordon Gross
Ohio Cobra Club
London Cobra Show

bwcobra15 03-20-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GForce (Post 1236248)
I can't wait to get back to the great state of Texas. I'm looking forward to making new friends and seeing some old ones too!! Kind of a long drive from Ohio, but I'm sure it will be worth it.
Gordon Gross
Ohio Cobra Club
London Cobra Show

Gordon, Are you bringing that awesome Hurricane Motorsports raffle cobra with you to Texas? I'm sure you'll sell tickets like crazy here. I know i'll buy a few more ....

GForce 03-20-2013 10:48 AM

Yes!! We are bringing the 2013 raffle car with us to Texas. Hurricane Motorsports has done an amazing job with this car! It is truly a work of art! The fit and finish of the car is unbelievable! Wait till you see it, the pictures just don't do it justice. I wish my car looked nearly this good.
Gordon Gross