Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   London Cobra Show - Who's Going from Around here? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/105020-london-cobra-show-whos-going-around-here.html)

Stoney FFR 06-12-2010 09:37 AM

London Cobra Show - Who's Going from Around here?

I'm leaving next Saturday and driving the Roadster up there. Going to spend two weeks and going to come back through the Smoky Mountains and whatever else strikes my fancy at the time.

Is there anyone else from the DFW area planning on attending?

jms_wagner 06-12-2010 11:43 AM

Joe
Penny and I are leaving Tuesday, car in trailor. See you there.

James

Gregg(What's his name)? 06-12-2010 11:44 AM

No I am saving my cash for run-n-gun!

Stoney FFR 06-19-2010 05:55 PM

Made it to Memphis, TN. today.. It was one HOT HOT HOT HOT day in the Cobra.. The car ran great!

jshel1 06-19-2010 08:58 PM

Glad you are having fun and the car is running good. Hoping you are able to avoid parade routes or stop and go traffic.

Bwana Snake 06-20-2010 04:42 AM

Joe,

Take care, have a great time and be sure to hydrate. Keep us posted on your progress.

Bwana Gary

jdean 06-20-2010 05:12 AM

Sounds like a great Cobra adventure to drive that far. Heck I am wimping out on driving mine 2 hrs. to Possum Kingdom today because of heat. Taking the SUV instead. Have fun and keep us posted on the trip details.

BT SNAKE 06-20-2010 06:23 AM

Joe,
I wish I was going along with you. I love those kind of trips. I have done it several times.
Besides having a cupholder, cruise control and a
remote trunk lock,:rolleyes: I also have one of those portable misting tanks. I got it at a Wal-Mart in Phoenix, When it's really hot you can lay that thing on the trans tunnel. It has a small hose with a misting nozzle on the end. Spray yourself with it ever so often. It really helps.

Hersh:)

Seagull81 06-20-2010 07:07 AM

Joe,
Take care and keep us posted. Pictures, too.

Hotfingrs 06-20-2010 09:02 AM

jshel1...on a side note, my postman gave me a small slip of paper, with a google logo and your name. Said he talked to you while he was in Texas and you told him to google you. Thought it was pretty cool how things get around.

Stoney FFR 06-20-2010 07:21 PM

Made it to Paris, KY. today.. This is beautiful country up here.. I drove the Blue Grass Parkway and it was great. Temps. are starting to come down now. The kid at the front desk of the hotel said it only got up to 92 degrees here today. That's a lot better than 101! I think I'm about 3 hours away from London right now. Time to load up the GPS with some some nice backroads for tomorrow.

airspeed1 06-20-2010 07:50 PM

Joe:

Good going! Hope you are having a blast. I am watching your progress and wishing I was there too.

Jerry

jms_wagner 06-20-2010 08:05 PM

Wish I was there. See you Wednesday or Thursday.

James

jdean 06-22-2010 03:22 PM

Joe, what kind of gas mileage are you getting so far on the trip?

Stoney FFR 06-23-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdean (Post 1060122)
Joe, what kind of gas mileage are you getting so far on the trip?

Overall it's 21 MPG..

302 EFI w/ 2.73 gears.

jdean 06-23-2010 07:47 AM

Joe,

Very good MPG for averaging 85mph :3DSMILE::3DSMILE:

cgsincc 06-23-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdean (Post 1060289)
Joe,

Very good MPG for averaging 85mph :3DSMILE::3DSMILE:

I've cruised with Joe, he never goes above "70" :JEKYLHYDE

airspeed1 06-30-2010 12:02 PM

Joe:

What part of the country are you in now?

Jerry

SoTxButler 06-30-2010 02:48 PM

Joe, hope you made it home OK. It was great seeing you and your daughter...such a wonderful father/daughter adventure.

jdean 06-30-2010 03:46 PM

Hey I saw Joe's post on the other forum....he was 2,500 miles into the trip, and in Boone NC yesterday...still a long way to get back.

Keep us posted Joe....and good luck on the way back home!