Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   coming out of hiding, lunch anybody? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/109237-coming-out-hiding-lunch-anybody.html)

cgsincc 02-18-2011 01:20 PM

coming out of hiding, lunch anybody?

I have a free weekend and the weather looks good so I am coming out of hiding! Anybody up for lunch either Saturday or Sunday this weekend?

Bwana Snake 02-18-2011 01:27 PM

U bet U little buddy........where...?...when?

Any interest in cursing down to the Country Tavern between Tyler & Kilgore for some BBQ ribs lets say Saturday?

cgsincc 02-18-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana Snake (Post 1110833)
U bet U little buddy........where...?...when?

Any interest in cursing down to the Country Tavern between Tyler & Kilgore for some BBQ ribs lets say Saturday?

Country Tavern would be an all day trip, 325+ miles for me if we somehow managed to go direct. Let's do someplace in the metroplex. I don't really care what or which day. Where's everyone else?

jshel1 02-18-2011 05:17 PM

Here is one plan:

Meet 11:00am Saturday at Big Daddy's Roadhouse BBQ in Wylie (Hwy 78 & Hwy 205)

Run John King Blvd a few times back and forth.

Lunch at Burger House in Rockwall (IH0-30 between Ridge Road and Hwy 205)

Tour Smiley's Racing Warehouse in Mesquite before they close at 2:00pm

Shotgun scramble home

We probably need to work the phones on this one given the late notice.
Gary, can you vouch for John King Blvd (please recall our eastsider cruise last year)

Bwana Snake 02-18-2011 05:39 PM

We could do that I need to go to Smiley’s anyway.

Gary

cgsincc 02-18-2011 05:48 PM

I guess we are going in the right direction, 150 miles but almost all freeway. :CRY: How about we go simple and meet somewhere around addison or plano? Nice surface streets all the way out there for me, how about yall?

Court

jshel1 02-18-2011 06:17 PM

I am working Smiley's for an Operation Comfort auction donation again this year. It would be great if we could keep the plan intact with a time modification and forgoing Burger House.

John King Blvd is not to be missed though.

Meet noon Saturday at Big Daddy's Roadhouse BBQ in Lavon (sorry not Wylie)
(still Hwy 78 & Hwy 205 intersect)... hoping this time change will enable us to pick up a few more cruisers (John R, J-Cups)

Hillies and twisties along the way to Mesquite.

Shotgun scramble home

SSSammy 02-18-2011 06:29 PM

Split the diffference in Plano

In consideration of Court's reappearance:

The Filling Station @ 190 and Preston area:

19009 Preston Road, Dallas, TX

Say 11:00?

Sam

jshel1 02-18-2011 06:45 PM

10-4, a bit much. Smiley's another time.

I am in for Filling Station.

cgsincc 02-18-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshel1 (Post 1110898)
I am working Smiley's for an Operation Comfort auction donation again this year. It would be great if we could keep the plan intact with a time modification and forgoing Burger House.

John King Blvd is not to be missed though.

Meet noon Saturday at Big Daddy's Roadhouse BBQ in Lavon (sorry not Wylie)
(still Hwy 78 & Hwy 205 intersect)... hoping this time change will enable us to pick up a few more cruisers (John R, J-Cups)

Hillies and twisties along the way to Mesquite.

Shotgun scramble home

I spoke with Showboat about this. Since they are helping with Operation Comfort we are going to pay them a visit tomorrow. I am up for a drive for a good cause. Noon sounds good to me See yall then!

cgsincc 02-18-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshel1 (Post 1110904)
10-4, a bit much. Smiley's another time.

I am in for Filling Station.

ok, someone fill me in on where i'm going tomorrow. :confused:

Bwana Snake 02-18-2011 06:59 PM

The Filling Station is closed.

jshel1 02-18-2011 07:03 PM

Court,

You call it and we will be there. I've got plenty of time to get with Tom and Co. at Smiley's/Hoosier.

cgsincc 02-18-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshel1 (Post 1110912)
Court,

You call it and we will be there. I've got plenty of time to get with Tom and Co. at Smiley's/Hoosier.

Jakes Hamburgers in Addison on Belt Line, meet at 11:30

jshel1 02-18-2011 07:21 PM

See all of you at Jakes. Bottlecap Burger it is.

SSSammy 02-18-2011 07:34 PM

I plan to attend. Wasn't Jake's a sponsor last year?

Sam

Bwana Snake 02-19-2011 06:00 AM

11:30 it is.

wedgerton 02-19-2011 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgsincc (Post 1110914)
Jakes Hamburgers in Addison on Belt Line, meet at 11:30

Are you talking about today, Sat, or tomorrow.v:confused:

Wayne Edgerton

Bwana Snake 02-19-2011 07:03 AM

Wayne,

Today

wedgerton 02-19-2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana Snake (Post 1111002)
Wayne,

Today

Drats, can't make it today I've got wifey duty calling :>} Maybe see all of you on the first Sat :)

Wayne