17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-05-2011, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     
Default Dallas Group - San Marcos Plans

We didn't really discuss San Marco's plans at lunch today so wondering who is going Thursday am? Assume most want to get down late am to either hit the track or watch....Post up!

Putting edit up on my post as I'm actually going Friday am so let's see who is going Thursday and who is going Friday?

Last edited by gsharapa; 03-06-2011 at 07:52 AM..
Old 03-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports; KC408w: 546HP/ 553TQ
Not Ranked     

My plans are currently to make the early morning flight on Thursday (weather dependent) if there will be the usual group leaving McKinney, Highland Lakes, Grapevine, North Ft. Worth... that want to make it to the south side of the metroplex before heavy rush hour.

The past two years have been perfect for me, other than filling the footboxes with water in 2009. Meeting up at Carcker Barrell for the east-siders, then joining up with the early west-siders at Flying-J in Waco... couldn't think of a better/safer way to endure the 5-hours, for those of us going open road.

Open to any and all afternoon/dinner plans on Thursday, trackday on Friday, I am sure Saturday will hold one, two, or maybe even three of the 9 Hill Country maps that the Austin group has put together for us.

Last edited by jshel1; 03-05-2011 at 04:39 PM..
Old 03-05-2011, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MKIII Roadster
Not Ranked     

Cheryl and I will be leaving Thursday AM also. We will look for you guys at the Flying J in Waco. Just let us know about what time you plan to roll in.

On a side note, are there any Westsiders interested in meeting up down here in Burleson for some breakfast before heading south to the Flying J? There's a Cracker Barrell or IHOP right on IH-35 here in Burleson.

Or wait a sec.. I think some of you guys ate breakfast at the Flying J last year. Is that the plan again this year? If so, I guess I don't need to eat breakfast in Burleson too..
FFR MKIII Roadster #5392
Old 03-05-2011, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Flying J in Waco always seems like a good place to meet up for Dallas Group coming from all over the Metroplex. For those leaving McKinney, Frisco & Plano area on Friday am what time are you planning to hit the road?

Last edited by gsharapa; 03-06-2011 at 07:58 AM..
Old 03-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default McKinney Departure Thurs 3/24 am

We have no choice but to traverse the entire top to bottom of the Dallas Metroplex at the worst possible time of day. We've tried 7 am and 9 am in the past to either get ahead of rush hour or just behind it. I am thinking of 7 am this year. JRoss, what do you want to do?

Not sure we will pull off at Cracker Barrel unless some of you in your Cobras want to caravan with the trailers for contingency reasons. We usually have our en-route fuel stop at the Flying J. I'm guessing we might be there around 10. San Marcos by 1 pm or so.

I am inclined to take the bypass around Austin. I know it cost $14 two years ago but we got balled up in the middle of town due to a wreck last year.

Sam
Old 03-06-2011, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So you and John R are going Thursday? I guess if you were going on Thursday you could leave anytime after rush hour since there is no real rush to get down there vs. Friday's track event starting at 1pm.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LS427, Keith Craft 408, TKO-600, 370 Rear-End
Not Ranked     

These are tentative plans as discussed with Richard Rogers. Richard and I to drive down leaving Thursday about 9:30 AM +/- so we should arrive about 1:30-2:30 PM. The wives to come down in my F150 with their weekend wardrobe and Richard’s and my weekend beer supply, spare parts, trailering accessories (just incase we have to rent a trailer), and tools.

I have a Super Crew Cap and I am sure the wives wouldn’t mind company but transport space other excessive wardrobes might be an issue. ROFLOL

Flying J, Waco - a comment since I just came through there this weekend, the intersection is under construction, very congested, poorly marked, rough roads i.e. not Cobra or trailer friendly; just my evaluation.

“Not a worry in the world a cold beer in my hand life is good today, life is good today”
Old 03-06-2011, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

My plans are to leave Rockwall Thursday around noon, swing through downtown Dallas and pick Yancey up (if she decides to go). Probably hit San Marcos around 5:30 - 6:00. Just in time for happy hour.

Only bringing the Mustang this time for the track event.

BTW........ more of you clowns need to sign up for Harris Hill. I've seen a lot of chest thumping on this forum, and I want to see skills I've been reading about! I might can learn a thing or two.......

Steve S.
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302
Old 03-07-2011, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary, can I join you and Richard leaving Dallas Thursday morning? Just me -- still working on girlfriend to attend Cobra events with me. Larry
Old 03-07-2011, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Larry,

Of course.

I don't have your contact information, PM me your cell # and email. I will talk to Richard sometime this week and we can work out the details I will be out of town next week.

Gary

“Not a worry in the world a cold beer in my hand life is good today, life is good today”
Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BackDraft, Keith Craft 408; 1967 GT500CR
Not Ranked     

What Gary said, see above.Not long now!

Last edited by snakebittexan; 03-07-2011 at 11:03 AM..
Old 03-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default Chest Thumping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvDaBlues View Post
BTW........ more of you clowns need to sign up for Harris Hill. I've seen a lot of chest thumping on this forum, and I want to see skills I've been reading about! I might can learn a thing or two......Steve S.
So Steve, will the GT350R be a static display as usual, or will you be tracking it? If you would like to follow me around, I can show you the line .. I will hold back so you can keep up.

Happy to help the handicapped ...

Sam
Old 03-07-2011, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sammy,

I’m out at 3 to 5 that Steve want make five (5), that is five, laps with out braking something. And then even money that he fixes it and then brakes it again or something else on his car before leaving San Marcos.

Steve if you want to learn something ride with me I can show you the best hurling technique you probably have ever seen on the “Santa Rita” turn, I’m sorry for you turn #4.

Steve, FUI :"Santa Rita" is the “Saint of Hopeless Causes” LOL

Last edited by Bwana Snake; 03-07-2011 at 05:21 PM..
Old 03-07-2011, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

Sam ...... if it rolls out of the trailer, it ain't static. You better hope I don't break this time 'cause you're helping me push it back IN the trailer. I still haven't installed a trailer wench. BTW, I can't keep up with you anyway. You got a 570 hp big block. I got an itsy bitsy 302.

Gary ...... I think I'm even money I can get 4 laps this year. It was only 2 last year, so we're doubling down. And Santa Rita? One of my best friends. If it breaks, I ain't fix'n it.
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302

Last edited by LuvDaBlues; 03-07-2011 at 07:42 PM..
Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4973
Not Ranked     

I am planning on leaving mid-morning on Thursday. Still trying to work out some details.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David you can hook up with Richard, Larry & myself if we are looking at */- 9:30 AM Thursday.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM1035 with 521ci, 612fwhp
Send a message via AIM to PARKERPOWER
Not Ranked     

John Dean, Nathan and I were planning on meeting at Vista Ridge Mall Lewisville by Avis car rental place near upper level Sears Thursday at 9AM and leave at 9:30 if anyone would like to join us.

Richard
Old 03-10-2011, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Richard,

Richard Rogers, Janice, Ann and I will meet up with your group and we will need to make arrangements to pick Larry Carlson up along the way. Ann and I will be towing with the F150 and will have extra room for what ever.

Gary

Old 03-10-2011, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No need to pick me up. I will see you guys at the Vista Ridge Mall in Lewisville before 9:30. Larry
Old 03-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4973
Not Ranked     
Default Early flight

I will be hooking up with Sam and John Ross at 121/DNT just after 7am. Hopefully getting ahead of the worst traffic.