Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FRR MKIII 408w
Not Ranked     
Default Why I drive a cobra

Before my ride to TCC Jim Willson & I were having dinner exchanging the thrills we get driving our cobras. Jim made a state about why we dive cobras. "I'm going to get all the thrills I can because the clock is ticking..... This vid explains it well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vksdB...layer_embedded
Old 04-06-2011, 11:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique motorcars, 289 HO Sold, BDR
Not Ranked     

It couldn't have been told any better, LIFE'S TO SHORT!!!

Aj
Old 04-06-2011, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Awesome, I can't believe that's a bank commercial
Old 04-06-2011, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2007 BDR FR Boss 302
Not Ranked     

Wow!!!! It made my heart pound. I've had 2 heart attacks and 2 strokes and that commercial said it all for me. Great job finding that commercial. Thanks. Bob Q
Old 04-06-2011, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That commercial really hit a nerve for me. The old guy taking the picture of his buddy for a ride did it. I'll try and keep this short as possible. I had a friend from high school (1970) that I've always enjoyed taking for a thrill ride. He would scream and giggle like a school girl and yell for more! We have stayed in touch through out most of our adult years, and when I got re-interested in building my Cobra I naturally shared my enthusiasm with Ed. He couldn't wait for that day when I would take him for a ride and scare the crap out of him again.

About this time last year I had a dream that Ed had died and that I took his ashes for a ride. I shared my dream with him and he made me promise that if he did die, that I would keep my promise. Ed passed away Sept 9th last year. I will keep that promise.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FRR MKIII 408w
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmt View Post
That commercial really hit a nerve for me. The old guy taking the picture of his buddy for a ride did it. I'll try and keep this short as possible. I had a friend from high school (1970) that I've always enjoyed taking for a thrill ride. He would scream and giggle like a school girl and yell for more! We have stayed in touch through out most of our adult years, and when I got re-interested in building my Cobra I naturally shared my enthusiasm with Ed. He couldn't wait for that day when I would take him for a ride and scare the crap out of him again.

About this time last year I had a dream that Ed had died and that I took his ashes for a ride. I shared my dream with him and he made me promise that if he did die, that I would keep my promise. Ed passed away Sept 9th last year. I will keep that promise.
WOW!!! Please take pics and post.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles roybal View Post
WOW!!! Please take pics and post.
There is a lot more to the story but I couldn't get it out right then. One thing I omitted is that Ed married my very first girlfriend from when I was 13 years old. She and I are still very close. She is one of my best friends.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler...488" hi-rise, dry-sump FE s/o w/stacks
Not Ranked     

The sentiment of the message is PRICELESS for an old fart like me and it will be for all you youngsters some day.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF / FE428
Not Ranked     

I had to send this video to my father-in-law, every time I see him, he tells me about the good old days when he rode his Harley around, He said it had a stick shift on the gas tank.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
The sentiment of the message is PRICELESS for an old fart like me and it will be for all you youngsters some day.
Never mind being an old fart , even the young guys on this forum should take note of this message

Life is short , I am 48 and had cancer when I was 46 and after beating it the first time I am not waiting for it to come back
Old 04-06-2011, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Just dreaming at this point
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmt View Post
There is a lot more to the story but I couldn't get it out right then. One thing I omitted is that Ed married my very first girlfriend from when I was 13 years old. She and I are still very close. She is one of my best friends.
Redmt - If you've never seen the movie Fandango you need to rent it. It is one of Kevin Costner's early movies and I think you will really enjoy it....it will hit home with you in a special way.

As for the video in the OP's post I watched it this morning and immediately thought of one of my co-workers who just retired last week. This guy is 62 years old and has had a dream for years to ride a bicycle from Dallas to Alaska. Roger rode by work today on his trek out of town, headed to Alaska. He figures it will take him 3-4 months, averaging 50 miles or more a day. With his $3000 bike, loaded with saddle bags, gear, and a solar charger for his iPhone there is no doubt in my mind he will make it. Question is will he ever come back once he gets there.

I showed him the video and he started to tear up a little and looked at me and said this is the exact reason he is taking his trip.........to chase his dreams before time passes him by.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB (australia)
Not Ranked     

real people hi
Old 04-07-2011, 03:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #539/427 Holman Moody #7HM20 from 1967
Not Ranked     

I remember Jerry Lewis, about 8 years ago, in one of his telethons said,

"Never ever lose the kid in you".
Old 04-07-2011, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 402R and CSX 6029
Not Ranked     

Abso-friggin-lutely awesome!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA #690, FRPP 427 Boss engine
Not Ranked     

Exactly right!
Kirkham #690 289 FIA
Old 04-07-2011, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think I will go for a ride!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTxButler View Post
It hits home to some of us as well. I am about to be 38, and I still understand this. I do not wish to be a guy who goes with a list of I wish I'd....
Old 04-07-2011, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CCX-3-3624, 351w, 5-speed
Not Ranked     

I agree 100% with the sentiment here, even though I am not as old as many of the members here. I lost my father to a motorcycle accident when I was 7 and I am now older than he was when he passed....every day is a gift. I have always known the future is unwritten and life is meant to be enjoyed. Thanks for the reminder....I think today is a good day for a drive! Mark
Old 04-07-2011, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic Motor Car; 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

This video is right on... This country was founded on a bunch of people young and old who did somthing to change things as they were.. In other words, they got off their duffs and made a difference. "You only go by one time ... make the best of it".
Old 04-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Me too!

My 80 year old father was wanting a convertible, but he is cheap. I told him it was between spending his money on the car or the nursing home. He seemed a little taken aback, but then said you're right, and he went out and bought a convertible. Then I realized it applied to me too, so my husband and I drove over to ERA and saw Peter.