Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   TCC Anniversary Event (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/13448-tcc-anniversary-event.html)

427Aggie 12-31-2001 09:43 AM

TCC Anniversary Event

Time is close....we are less than 2 months away from the get together.

I know it got lost in the other thread but Tom or Stretch can you give us the details on the Hotel? I need to get a room reserved.....phone number?

Thanks,

Can't wait till February!!!

Matt:CRY: :3DSMILE: :CRY: :3DSMILE: :CRY: :3DSMILE: :CRY: :3DSMILE:

renaissance man 12-31-2001 09:57 AM

TEXAS COBRA CLUB's 2002 ANNIVERSARY EVENT

Friday February 22nd
OUT-OF-TOWNER's WELCOME PARTY. Out-of-towners arrive. Hotel is the Bradford Suites. They'll reserve a big block of rooms and give us a discount. Enclosed Trailer Parking at Hotel. Open trailer and car parking also at the hotel or at Origin Systems' private garage with 24 hour security.
Bradford Suites Phone is: 512/342-8080
Welcome Party near Hotel from 7pm until ?. Austin folks will meet you at the hotel, or a block from the hotel at Bahama Breeze, North by Northwest, or La Tratoria (Stoffer), for some social time! Self-pay. Once we confirm a place, we'll post.

:D

gsharapa 12-31-2001 04:03 PM

Is this the same Hotel you reserved for the out of towners the first year?

4RE KLR 12-31-2001 04:39 PM

Question??????????

Did I miss something because this will be the Third year at Austin, Right?

I mean I know I am not the smartest Guy on Earth but I swear I have been Down To Austin Two years in a row. Someone "STOP THE INSANITY" Is this the second year or third year. Cause if this will be the second year .....the wife will wonder where the heck I went two years ago.... when I told her I went to Austin. Isn't the picture on the overlay Of Texas cobra Club web site of the first year in Austin. ??????????

Hey all you Austin guys help out a poor ole Dallas guy, Did I dream I went to Austin Two years ago. And If I did go to Austin and see all the crew why the heck is this the second annual and not the third annual get together?????

Stretch, Greg H (what the heck is that guys last name anyway) Ed, did I sleep and dream this.

Lost in Dallas
third trip to Austin (?????)
Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks

jwoodard 12-31-2001 05:43 PM

Answer!!!!!!!!!

Steve,

You are correct, this will be our third meeting in Austin. Lookin' forward to seeing everyone there!**) :LOL: %/ :JEKYLHYDE :MECOOL:

Jim:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:

4RE KLR 01-01-2002 08:35 AM

Thank You Mr. Woodard.

Gees I thought I had some splainin to do. Whew!

FErrari Killer
Steve Parks

gsharapa 01-01-2002 09:01 AM

Didn't mean to confuse anyone, what I was asking was, the first year (not last year) a bunch of us stayed at a hotel (suites) near the parking garage where we meet and I was wonder if that was the Bradford Suites you are reserving this year or a different hotel?

jwoodard 01-01-2002 09:02 AM

Splainin':LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I don't know 'bout any stinkin' splainin!

I just know we'll have a great time in Austin for the third year in a row. Bet we get close to 50 Cobras in attendance this year.

Q 01-01-2002 01:47 PM

Ya'll should get Parks to talk to his "magazine buddies" and have them cover the event.

bwcobra15 01-01-2002 03:10 PM

Bradford Suites

Gary (et al),

This is not the same hotel we stayed in last year. It looks like it's a little further north, and not directly on I-35.

Their page from www.bradfordsuites.com is http://www.bradfordsuites.com/austin_northwest.cfm

jwoodard 01-01-2002 03:32 PM

Thanks Bobby

Thanks for posting the WEB link Bobby! I just used it to make and confirm my reservations. $59.00/night :D :LOL: :rolleyes: Great rate for a one bedroom suite. Come on everyone and get your room reservations!

427Aggie 01-01-2002 05:43 PM

Its not the same as last year. Gary is going back to the beginning....there was a group that stayed at a Hotel the first year and it didn't have a manager on duty....I think Drew ended up outside without a key in his skives :)

Had a hell of a time getting a new key.

Right Gary....Go back 2 years anyone know if this was the hotel?

Matt

jwoodard 01-01-2002 05:56 PM

I think so!

Matt and Gary,

I think this is the same place we stayed the first year, February 2000. There is a picture of the front of it at the WEB site and it looks familiar.

gsharapa 01-01-2002 06:38 PM

I think you guys are still hung over from New Years Eve!

I realize that this is year #3 and both my notes were asking about the year number 1! The picture on the website looks very familar to the hotel John Russell, Drew Baird, myself and others stayed in the first year. It was a nice hotel but there is knowone on site during the weekends as they just leave you keys.

Another issue; trailer parking. There was not much room and I only had a 16 foot open trailer that year.

Makes no difference to me, as I probably will not have a Cobra there this year, but if this is the same hotel as year # 1, not very good for trailers. Hope I'm wrong!

Charmer,

Can you shead some light on this?

bwcobra15 01-01-2002 06:48 PM

Here is something interesting I got in my reservations confirmation e-mail from Bradford Suites:

=========================
If you will be checking in after 10pm Sunday-Thursday, or after 6pm on Friday or Saturday, please note our easy after hours check in procedure:

1. Look for the lockbox with your first name.
2. Enter the first four letters of your last name.
3. Remove contents of lockbox and follow enclosed directions.
4. If you need further assistance please pick up the telephone handset. A Guest Service Representative is on-site to assist you 24 hours a day.
5. Effective Jan1, 2002 New Front Desk Hours: 7AM-11PM - 7 days/week
=========================

Hmmmmmm..........

jwoodard 01-02-2002 06:45 AM

Sooooooooooo!

So it looks like the front desk in now staffed until 11pm daily.

427Aggie 01-02-2002 09:25 AM

Ok this is going to be a sore spot.....Has anyone gone out to the hotel and checked to see that there was parking for trailers over 22 ft long?

It sounds like we could run into a problem.

Matt

Snakecharmer 01-02-2002 01:17 PM

Hey guys,

This IS the hotel that we used for the first event :)

And, since our event is called the "Anniversary" event, it is the 2nd anual.....the first one wasn't an anniversary because it was the first one. Pretty tricky huh?:LOL:

Charmer

Snakecharmer 01-02-2002 01:26 PM

Matt,

There is parking at the hotel for a long trailer or two. Small trailers aren't a problem. It's just you and Tom that are bringing two-car trailors, correct? We also have room for two of those big boys at the parking garage, the site of Saturday morning's get together.

Tom brought his trailer to the parking garage the first year and there would be plenty of room to fit another big trailer in that same area.

Anyone else bringing a 24' or more?

Charmer

4RE KLR 01-02-2002 03:11 PM

24' and four door F250

Charmer,
Mine is also 24' and my truck is F250 I don't know the total lenght, but a song comes to mind.

Give me 40acres and i'll turn this rig around. Well not quiet 40acres. but you get the picture.

Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks