Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Passing of Jay Nordstrom (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/135571-passing-jay-nordstrom.html)

D Dubya 12-26-2015 07:08 PM

Passing of Jay Nordstrom

It is with heavy hearts we inform you of the passing of our friend Jay Nordstrom. A Silver Star recipient from his service in Vietnam, he is also one of the founding members of the Texas Cobra Club. Jay was loved by many and will be greatly missed. Arrangements are pending.

Gregg(What's his name)? 12-26-2015 07:19 PM

Jay was born 24 Dec 1948. I talked to him for over an hour on his birthday. He sounded great and was joking away. I am at a loss for words and hurt. Jay was my big brother and I miss him already. I love you my brother.

Jay Jennings 12-26-2015 07:30 PM

A true friend. Prayers for the family & freinds.

Dwight 12-26-2015 07:40 PM

A few years back he was a regular at the London Cobra Shows

this is a picture of him in 2005

We will miss him!

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...C00747-med.jpg

mtpockets 12-26-2015 07:56 PM

Diane and I are saddened to hear of Jays passing. His wealth of knowledge of cars and dedication to the Cobra family will be missed. RIP Jay, our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

SSSammy 12-26-2015 08:31 PM

I knew Jay was very ill, I prayed we'd have him for a while longer. I cold called him back in 2006 and asked if he'd have time to talk Cobras with me, as I was about to pull the trigger on an ERA. We met at his shop and talked for hours that day and he introduced me to the Texas Cobra Club. That phone call changed my life and through his friendship I have made many great friends. As he liked to remind us: " ... it's not about the cars, it's about the people ... "

Jay and I at Pappa's BBQ in 2007

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...01_Medium_.jpg

Jay in the Chaparral at Hastings Run N Gun 2010

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...G_2760_med.jpg

RIP Brother ...

Sammy

dlampe 12-26-2015 08:39 PM

The very first time I met Jay he rolled underneath my cobra to help me change a hydraulic throw out bearing at my very first Run n Gun almost 15 years ago. Later that day I was telling my new friend that I thought I needed more horsepower. In a way only Jay could, he taught me years worth of wisdom in one statement - " Son, you don't need more horsepower, you need to learn how to drive!" We were great friends ever since.

Jay was a monarch in our hobby. There has never been another that has touched so many of us. I believe Jay would have given me the shirt off his back. A real big Texas tough exterior with a giant heart of gold.

Like many here, my heart is sadden. I will miss you my friend.:(

gsharapa 12-26-2015 09:31 PM

I was deeply sadden today when I heard of Jay's passing! What a great person and car buddy that was always there to help anyone in need. I met Jay in the mid 90s at a SCAT car show at the Double Tree hotel in Dallas. I had my first Component Craft Cobra then and Jay had a Classic Cobra and Tom Meadows was there with his new ERA. We hooked up and became friends from that day on and a couple years later started the Texas Cobra Club using Clubcobra to communicate and organize our events. I'll miss his wisdom and smiling face at our events! R.I.P. my friend..........

Brent Mills 12-27-2015 12:37 AM

Jay made a big impression on my wife and I. I will always remember him, his character, and his wit. He will be greatly missed. I wish his family and friends nothing but the best during tough times. Sad.

Hotfingrs 12-27-2015 01:41 AM

Truly a great friend to all... RIP

Jamo 12-27-2015 01:54 AM

Damn...one of the best guys I've ever known, whether it was snorting tequila with him and Blackjack or just talking about projects he was involved with, especially when it came to supporting our boys and girls protecting our way of life.

Lost a good one. Nothing but good memories.

Ron61 12-27-2015 01:59 AM

:CRY:

This is indeed a sad moment. Just a day or so ago I was wishing him a Happy Birthday and I will miss him a great deal. I got to know him through his work with me on the Wounded warrior Project and he is a great person. In a far better place now, but a big loss to us that remain. Rest in peace Jay, you have earned it.

Ron

mrmustang 12-27-2015 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Dubya (Post 1375914)
It is with heavy hearts we inform you of the passing of our friend Jay Nordstrom. A Silver Star recipient from his service in Vietnam, he is also one of the founding members of the Texas Cobra Club. Jay was loved by many and will be greatly missed. Arrangements are pending.

I had just spoken to Jay a few weeks ago, he was a great man. Our heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.

Bill S.

double-rr 12-27-2015 03:58 AM

Jay was one of the best ever. I will certainly miss his face at the Texas Cobra Club meet. What a loss. Our prayers are with you Jay.

Russ

jeffgrice 12-27-2015 04:25 AM

While I did not know Jay, the passing of any family member is sad and deserves support. Condolences to all those who Jay touched and Jay and his family will be in our prayers.

Jeff

Joe Wicked 12-27-2015 05:34 AM

I haven't seen him or any of the rest of the DFW crew since I moved, but Jay was a great man who really made an impact on me. He will be greatly missed.

gsharapa 12-27-2015 08:33 AM

Jay was such a giving person to many charities and friends. I just donated to the local Dallas Red Cross in the memory of Jay Nordstrom for the poor tornado victims in Rowlett and other DFW communities last night and challenge all Jay's friends to consider a donation in his name to either the Red Cross or the charity of your choosing...... This will be a sad post Christmas for many!

thomi_snake 12-27-2015 08:46 AM

Jay was the very first person we got to know of the TCC before even moving to Texas in 2001. His advice was essential in helping us to get our Cobra across the pond to Texas. Whenever we met him at a get-together, he always had a smile on his face, and we were looking forward to see him and get his bear hug greeting.
We will dearly miss him. RIP my friend.

Thomas & Ute

DAVID GAGNARD 12-27-2015 09:29 AM

Met Jay the first time at an open track event and a few other times,always at some track event......
Nicest guy in the world and would stop whatever he was doing to help out someone,anyone that needed a helping hand....

I remember him crawling under a hot Cobra at a track on the hot asphalt to bleed the rear brakes,I offered to help,he told me to stay outa his way and hand him the tools he asked for..........Just the way Jay was!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably never run into another guy with a big heart and helping hand like Jay.....

David

4RE KLR 12-27-2015 11:00 AM

Wow, When Tom Meadows told me Jay had passed I almost fell down. I have known for awhile he was fighting a monster and Jay was open about it to me. Even when we know the inevitable is coming, it is still a shock.

I met Tom at the Yellow Rose show and he introduced me to Jay the very next day and we have been friends ever since. Jay was one of the few that would give you the shirt off his back. I will miss him like I miss family members that have gone before him.

We all need to remember Jay and how he stood by his mothers bedside every single day until she passed not so long ago. I love you Jay. Rest in peace brother.

Steve Parks
Ferrari Killer