LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2017, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM1015
Not Ranked     
Default 2018 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet

Hey Guys,
Registration and hotel information for the 2018 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet is now available at Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet – 2018. The dates are April 4-8 at the Embassy Suites Hotel in San Marcos, TX.

More information to come over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks
Ken Walker
Old 12-13-2017, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 2018 TCC Spring Meet Update 12.13.17

Guys, Sorry for the delay in getting more information out about the 2018 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet. I have been having a few issues with my web-hosting service. (hackers and password problems) It should be cleared up by this weekend.

So far we have 22 cars registered with 43 Drivers/Guests on the list. We are working on a couple of new things to do at the event. Details are quickly developing and I will post new information as I get it.

Please be patient with the website. I will post up when things are back to normal and registration can resume.

109 days to go!

Thanks a bunch!
Ken Walker
Old 12-18-2017, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The website for information and registration for the 2018 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet is back up and running. It was not a hacker after all but rather a typo in a credit card number that caused all of the issues.

Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet – 2018

Thanks
KEN
CowtownCobra likes this.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Texas Cobra Cobra 2018 Spring Meet Update 12.23.17

Guys,

The 2018 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet is off to a great start! So far we have:

49 Drivers/Guests registered with
25 Cars
35 Banquet Tickets Sold

There are only 99 days to go before the first cars start showing up in San Marcos.

We are in talks with Harris Hill about a track day, so stay tuned for that.

We were approached by the City of San Marcos about having a few cars on display around the city square on Friday, April 6th late afternoon (4-7pm). There are plenty of restaurants, live music, and other activities in the downtown area. More details to come for the activity.

With that, we are going to move the hamburger cookout to Thursday evening along with our "movie night." Friday evening will be an open night for the evening meal. We will be showing movies outside on Friday evening as well.

Hotel rooms will go fast so please register for the event and get your room reservations soon.

Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet – 2018

Thanks
Ken Walker
Old 12-30-2017, 02:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UCC, Stroker 347
Not Ranked     

I would really like to attend this year. Do most of you normally drive or trailer your cars? I would be coming from Denton Tx.

Thanks
Brad
Old 12-30-2017, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 3020 Competition, 427; CSX 4385 Aluminum Body, 427; CSX 2096, 289
Not Ranked     

I trailer mine since I don’t have the best luck with reliability (or running out of gas!Lol)
There are quite a few people from DFW that drive there cars to the Spring Meet
Old 12-31-2017, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

George, trailer those beauties! You have to come through the Austin drivers. They are just looking for someone to run over.
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes
Old 12-31-2017, 01:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffmedic86 View Post
I would really like to attend this year. Do most of you normally drive or trailer your cars? I would be coming from Denton Tx.

Thanks
Brad
Brad, there is usually at least one group from DFW who drive their cars together. Keep an eye on this forum as they announce their plans during the weeks ahead of the event. If you happen to have your own trailer, that is best. But not everyone who wants to attend has one.

Sometimes it rains, either coming or going .. if you're moving it's not so bad. You will really, really need wipers! But one owner had to drill holes in his cockpit tub to let the water out when he got to the hotel You'll need a water resistant car cover if you plan to leave your car outside at night.

Sam
Exes: ERA #745, CAVGT #180, Kirkham KMP0268, SPF GT40P2306, '05 Ford GT #1605, Exact 008, Kirkham KMP0928
Old 01-01-2018, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #812 427/482 FE
Not Ranked     

I haven't decided whether to drive from DFW or rent a trailer. If I drive, it makes sense to caravan so if someone has a breakdown they have some help. If I drive, I may have my wife follow in our truck with tools and supplies.

Sam is definitely correct that you need a good car cover if you are leaving your car out at night. Guys with trailers tend to put their cars in the trailer for overnight.

Some guys rent a trailer for the week.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info. Think I will try and trailer mine, have a couple friends that have enclosed trailers. Hope to see you all there.. BTW, no windshield wipers on mine!! And yes, already drilled holes in the cockpit due to a rain shower I got caught in!!!
Old 01-15-2018, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSammy View Post
Brad, there is usually at least one group from DFW who drive their cars together. Keep an eye on this forum as they announce their plans during the weeks ahead of the event. If you happen to have your own trailer, that is best. But not everyone who wants to attend has one.

Sometimes it rains, either coming or going .. if you're moving it's not so bad. You will really, really need wipers! But one owner had to drill holes in his cockpit tub to let the water out when he got to the hotel You'll need a water resistant car cover if you plan to leave your car outside at night.

Sam
Well the trailer I thought I could borrow is no longer available. Any suggestions on a place to rent and enclosed one here in the DFW area??
Old 02-01-2018, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

You have a PM.
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes
Old 02-01-2018, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

steve, the info about the event makes it unclear if i will be able to keep my trailer there.
also whether i can put my car in the trailer in the evening.
can't load a car in the trailer without truck attached to it.
so for this reason only i may not attend
Old 02-01-2018, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 3020 Competition, 427; CSX 4385 Aluminum Body, 427; CSX 2096, 289
Not Ranked     

I keep my truck attached and I put my car in the trailer every night
It seems like half the people that have a trailer put their cars in the trailers at night
Old 02-02-2018, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fred B, we can figure out a way to get you parked. George has a very long rig. We can probably park you next to him.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

sorry Steve, i'm out. not going to risk my assets for an event. my rig goes 40 foot plus 10 foot ramps,
Old 02-02-2018, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

There is more than enough room for bigger rigs than that
My deal is only 54 feet with 10 foot ramps
In the 4 years that I have gone to this event, I have never had any issue parking or loading the cars
Old 02-03-2018, 06:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWB View Post
sorry Steve, i'm out. not going to risk my assets for an event. my rig goes 40 foot plus 10 foot ramps,
Fred,

There are many of us with 24' trailers and trucks that are 40+ in length and then putting down our rear doors and ramp so your rig would be no different than ours and like George stated a good majority of us put our cars in the trailers at night. Ken and the group do a fantastic job setting up the parking. Getting the car in the trailer at night is never an issue and frankly another reason why I bring a trailer.

Last edited by gsharapa; 02-03-2018 at 06:52 AM..
Old 02-03-2018, 01:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just so that everyone understands. You do not have to or need to disconnect your truck from your trailer during the event for any reason.

Sorry if the previous posts were misleading or confusing.

We all understand the concerns for safety and access.

I am open to anyone calling me about the event at 512-557-3694

Thanks
Ken Walker