Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   2022 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/144998-2022-texas-cobra-club-spring-meet.html)

Seagull81 07-12-2021 10:39 AM

2022 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Hear Ye
2022 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet dates are Wednesday, March 30 thru Sunday, April 02, 2022 in San Marcos, Texas.
Room Reservations can be booked using the link below. The contract was made at the local level, so use the link below and DO NOT call Hilton Reservations to make your reservations.
Registration for the event will not open until Jan, 01, 2022.
Click below to make your room reservation at the Embassy Suites:

Hotel Info | Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet

KarlzEE Bebout 07-12-2021 09:14 PM

Steve, Thanks for posting the dates. Gottem on my calendar and plan on attending again but hoping for less snow in New Mexico:)

Seagull81 07-13-2021 05:37 AM

Karl, I hope your trip next year is uneventful for sure.

KarlzEE Bebout 07-13-2021 09:19 AM

I had debated trying to get one more trip out of my rear tires but fortunately decided on getting new ones before taking off. SO glad I did. Sure needed the new tread to get me through the slushy roads in the high elevations of NM. :eek:

Seagull81 01-01-2022 10:23 AM

Happy New Year’s Greeting to Cobra Fans around the World!!
And for the news that has everyone sitting on the edge of your seats:
Registration for the 2022 Texas Cobra Club Spring is now open!!!
The event dates are March 30-April 3rdat the Embassy Suites Hotel in San Marcos, TX.
Ken is using a new website format this year for all communication about the Spring Meet.
Go to www.texascobraclub.org and click on Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet in the header. You will then see the link to EVENT REGISTRATION.
Cost this year is the same as in the past: $50.00 registration fee per car.
Banquet Meal Tickets can also be purchased for $49.00 per person.
More information to come soon!

Seagull81 01-11-2022 07:04 AM

Here are some updates for the Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet:
As of Jan 09, at 11:00am
Day to Go to the start of the Meet: 80
Drivers and Guests: 54
Registered Cars: 32
Banquet Meal Tickets: 48
States Represented: TX, GA, AZ, IL, LA, FL
This information will be update a couple time per week.
More information please go to www.texascobraclub.org
Hope to see you in San Marcos in March!!

Seagull81 01-24-2022 06:13 AM

T-shirt Ordering is open! Deadline for ordering T-shirts is FEB 1, 2022.
Go to the website for the design for this year’s Shirt. I cant seem to get the picture copied here. T-Shirts Orders | Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet

Due to supple-chain issues we are only have to provide 3 color choices for the Long Sleeve shirt. There are 4 color choices for the Short Sleeve Shirt. The color REBEL BLUE is a blue-gray color. Prices are $27 for the Short Sleeve and $32 for the Long Sleeve. This price includes all payment processing fees but does not include shipping (if needed).

Seagull81 01-24-2022 06:20 AM

TEXAS COBRA CLUB SPRING MEET UPDATE: 01.23.2022
Here are the numbers:
Day to Go: 66
Registered Cars: 69
Drivers and Guests: 127
Banquet Tickets Sold: 110
States Represented: TX, GA, AZ, FL, OH, IL, LA, MO
A few Announcements and Meeting Updates:
If you have a hotel reservation at the Embassy Suites and ARE NOT ABLE TO ATTENDING the Spring Meet, PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL your reservation before you contact me. Our room block is sold out and we have several folks on a waiting list for rooms at the Embassy Suites. If you cancel your room, it goes back into general room inventory at the hotel not our room block. SO PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL YOUR HOTEL RESERVATION without contacting Ken Walker first at 512-557-3694
Harris Hill Track Day will be Thursday, March 31, Noon-4:30 Price: $190.00. Mandatory drivers’ meeting at Noon. Track goes hot at 12:30. More info to come.
Dave Friedman, our guest speaker, will be holding 3 separate autograph signing parties during the event. The exact times TBD once he arrives Thursday Evening.
www.texascobraclub.org

jayh 01-26-2022 09:18 PM

Texas Cobra Club Meet

Visiting my son and family in Buda during your meet. wondering when the best day would be to view the variety of Cobra that will be participating in your meet. I have a Factory Five which I've owned for about ten years.
Thanks
Jay

bwcobra15 01-27-2022 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayh (Post 1502631)
Visiting my son and family in Buda during your meet. wondering when the best day would be to view the variety of Cobra that will be participating in your meet. I have a Factory Five which I've owned for about ten years.
Thanks
Jay

Howdy, Jay!

During the day, most cobras are out cruising the fabulous Texas hill country back roads. To see the most cobras and people gathered together at the host hotel, probably Friday evening during the parking lot cookout will be the best time... hope to meet you there!

https://www.texascobraclub.org/www.t...g/event-agenda

Seagull81 01-27-2022 06:50 AM

Hi Jay! I live across I35 from Buda in Creedmoor. When will you be here? Starting on Wednesday the 30th I will be down at the Meet site helping to get things set up, as the Austin group is the host for this event. Wednesday and Thursday morning around 7:30 we will be at Dan's Hamburgers for breakfast before heading down to San Marcos. Come join us if you have time.
Bobby is correct. Friday evening after 5:30 is best. Most of the cars will be back from cruising. The cookout is open to anyone for a donation to our charities Cystic Fibrosis and Carrol Shelby Foundation. Come have a burger and hot dog with us.

jayh 01-28-2022 09:57 PM

Sounds great. Thanks for the info. Hope to see ya Friday night.
Thanks
Jay

LRRCobradreamer 01-30-2022 08:32 PM

I just signed up. Hope more rooms open at the Embassy.

Plan to drive it but may trailer if weather is bad.

Lee

Seagull81 02-03-2022 04:35 AM

TEXAS COBRA CLUB SPRING MEET UPDATE: 02.02.22
Days to Go: 56
Drivers and Guests: 162
Cars Registered: 90
Banquet Tickets: 142
States Represented: TX, LA, GA, FL, OH, IL, MO, IA, AZ
Updates:
T-SHIRT ORDERS:
The deadline for ordering t-shirts is now this coming Friday, Feb 04. Please get your orders in as soon as possible. Only pre-ordered shirts will be available at the Spring Meet. No extras will be printed.
HOTEL STATUS:
The Embassy Suites is completely sold out for our event dates. I have a wait list of folks asking for rooms at the Embassy Suites. We are at the top of the list at the Embassy for any rooms cancelled by other groups.
If you are unable to attend the Spring Meet and need cancel you room, please, contact me first. If you cancel you room it goes into general room inventory and it removed from our group. The is a way of transferring you room to another Texas Cobra Club attendees but it is a manual process.
More info posted on the website: www.texascobraclub.org

Matt Ries 02-03-2022 01:39 PM

Steve,
My wife Mary and I are considering making the trip to the Spring Meet, as we would trailer in with those coming from from the Ohio Cobra Club, I see your statement that the host Hotel is booked. What is the chance of getting a room on the wait list? Is there a club recommended hotel for the overflow of attendees close by?
Matt

bwcobra15 02-03-2022 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Ries (Post 1502943)
Steve,
My wife Mary and I are considering making the trip to the Spring Meet, as we would trailer in with those coming from from the Ohio Cobra Club, I see your statement that the host Hotel is booked. What is the chance of getting a room on the wait list? Is there a club recommended hotel for the overflow of attendees close by?
Matt

Matt,

on https://www.texascobraclub.org/hotel-information :

We also have contracted with the Holiday Inn Express which is directly across IH-35 from the Embassy Suites (about 300 yards.)

You can call the Holiday Inn Express directly at 512-392-6355 or this link: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...&icdv=99801505.

Mention the Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet (Code TSC). The cutoff date for our reduced rate is March 01, 2022

Matt Ries 02-03-2022 02:18 PM

Thank you Bob for the reply.
We'll see if we can make it.

Seagull81 02-04-2022 05:31 AM

Matt, we hope y'all can make it down for the event. There will be a couple of folks from the Ohio Cobra Club there. The Holiday Inn has plenty of parking for trailers and it isn't far away. See you in March.

Seagull81 02-14-2022 06:36 AM

TEXAS COBRA CLUB SPRING MEET UPDATE: 02.13.2022
WOW! This event is going to be huge!! The numbers are looking great and we still have 45 days to go.
Here are the numbers:
Days to Go: 45
Drivers and Guests: 188
Registered Cars: 104
Banquet Tickets Sold: 165
States Represented: TX, GA, AZ, AR, FL, IL, LA, IA, OH, MO
A FEW UPDATES:
· Hayes County Sheriff Dept will be on duty 9pm-7am Wed- Sat nights
· Kayak Fishers of Men will be cooking at Harris Hill Raceway on Thursday afternoon and Friday evening at our Tailgate Party
· Henderson Automotive in New Braunfels will be hosting DYNO pulls on Friday morning at 9am. See website for more details
· Dave Friedman will be onsite on Friday and Saturday to sign his new book. You can bring any other Shelby memorabilia for him to sign.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE:
If you need to cancel your hotel room at the Embassy Suites for any reason, please contact me before you cancel your reservation. We have several folks on a wait list for rooms at the Embassy. I can reassign your room.
More Detail to come!
www.texascobraclub.org

Mnott 02-22-2022 08:10 AM

Great news. I am new and will get my FFR Cobra in June. Does anyone know of a painter? Thanks, Mike