Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Dallas Convoy, Feb 22 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/14605-dallas-convoy-feb-22-a.html)

ERA600hp 02-12-2002 03:26 AM

Dallas Convoy, Feb 22

We will be meeting in Cedar Hill at Hwy 67 and 1382. :o

We will be in the shopping center on the NW corner, if you are headed south on 67, take the 1382 exit, the shopping center is to your right. :MECOOL:

We will leave at 10am! :D

Matt that is 10am, not 10:01am. :p

Most of us will start arriving about 9am. :JEKYLHYDE

RPRICE 02-12-2002 05:24 AM

Tom, is this the same shopping center as last year?
Richard Price

ERA600hp 02-12-2002 05:31 AM

YES! :eek:

bwcobra15 02-12-2002 08:45 AM

Directions and maps

Coming from I-20 and Hwy 67 in southwest Dallas county, go approx 5.8 miles south on Hwy 67 into Cedar Hill.

http://web2.airmail.net/bworley/chdfwmap.gif

Exit at FM1382, and turn right (west), go about 300 feet, and turn right into the parking lot just past the Whataburger - in front of K-Mart/Krogers. There is plenty of room for all Cobras and trailers.

http://web2.airmail.net/bworley/chmap.gif

427Aggie 02-12-2002 09:14 AM

I am planning on being there at about 8:30am to 9am eating breakfast.

Matt:3DSMILE:

bwcobra15 02-12-2002 09:24 AM

Matt (and anybody else),

If you want a GREAT breakfast in Cedar Hill, go two more exits south on Hwy 67 to the 67 Cafe, aka "Burgers & More". Its a GREAT little greasy spoon cafe that we eat at every week.

Stay on Hwy 67 to the Cooper Street exit, and it is right on the service road. There is plenty of trailer parking, 'cause all the 18-wheelers eat there!

We will be there about 8:30am if anybody wants to join us!!

ERA600hp 02-13-2002 03:38 AM

Hey Worley

Thanks for posting the maps.

Me

mkcobra 02-14-2002 08:51 PM

Dallas convoy

Hey

can someone give me the entire route, I am down south and will try and hookup with the convoy either on 45 or in waco if you go that way. i am flexible on the time or if different groups are going, i may try and go early
thanks Mike

bwcobra15 02-15-2002 05:39 AM

The entire route

We will be leaving Cedar Hill at 10:00 am SHARP,

south on Hwy 67 approx. 6 miles to Midlothian to

south on Hwy 287 approx. 14 miles to Waxachachie to

south on I-35 approx. 150 miles to Cedar Park (n. Austin)

I'm sure we will be stopping for gas/food somewhere along the way - probably around Waco.

Look for a convoy of White enclosed trailer with these REALLY SHARP "Texas Cobra Club" 3' stickers displayed prominently !!!

mkcobra 02-15-2002 07:06 AM

road trip

I know i am asking alot but does anyone have a project time to waco. i will be making a bee line to I 35 in waco maybe i can be head of the pack at the 35 waco junction. thanks

Mike
is ok to add an open trailer to the convoy with his cobra Club emblem yet.

jwoodard 02-15-2002 09:30 AM

Why not exchange some cell phone numbers and just give a call when in the vacinity?

Jim

SilverCobra 02-15-2002 03:55 PM

Waco hookup

Mike - I would guesstimate Waco about 11:30 or so. I assume you would traveling from Tyler to Waco on Hwy 31 which puts you in on the northside of Waco at the Bellmead exit. There are several commercial type stores ( I think there is a Sam's) there and you could park and wait and for the group. My cell is 214-914-9919 and you can call me to check progress. Post or e-mail me your cell if you like.

jrussell 02-15-2002 06:12 PM

The Three Musketeers will be there!!

Oh, Yeah,
Gary Sharapata will be pulling Drew's trailer, with my car in it, so you guys are just going to have to put up with us!! Richard, what is your schedule for this year? Are you coming in to Dallas this next week? Let me know, & we have an extra bedroom available here. It's going to be good to see you again, & Mary & I are going to Tulsa again.....the kids will be in New York!
John Russell
:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:

427Aggie 02-16-2002 08:13 AM

Ok so is it too early to be talking about Tulsa :)

Beach Boys theme this year so bring your swimsuits ;) I have some plans for the parking lot....hehehe

Matt:3DSMILE: :CRY: :rolleyes: :D :p :3DSMILE:

RPRICE 02-18-2002 08:02 AM

Tom, etal
Without going into gory details, my copilot and I will need a ride back on Sunday morning from Austin to the Midway airport in Midlothian. It is about 3 miles off I 35. Shouldn't put anyone out too much. Anyone got a couple of seats available?
Richard Price

jrussell 02-19-2002 03:02 AM

Richard, We can get it done somehow!!

Richard,
I would imagine we can accomplish this without a lot of trouble. I will talk to Gary today & I believe he will be driving either an Explorer or Expedition, but we should have ample room in the trailer for our extras and room in the vehicle fr two more warm bodies. How are you going to get to Austin....without going into the gory details?
See you in around 4 days.
John Russell:D :D :D

ERA600hp 02-19-2002 03:54 AM

Richard, I don't see a problem! :MECOOL:

We love a challange! ;)

This is when our group of guy's are at their BEST! :)

We will rise to the challange! :rolleyes:

The President :CRY:

Dennis Mosley 02-19-2002 06:34 AM

hey guys,

Can't wait to see all of you and your nice cars.

I think you guys have 1 problem though. Last year the Dallas group out numbered the Houston group by a 4 to 1 ratio. If you guys plan to keep up that kind of dominance you have 3 days to come up with 36 more cars:D :3DSMILE: :D :3DSMILE:

I know you can do it! To use the president's own words:

"We love a challange!

This is when our group of guy's are at their BEST!

We will rise to the challange!"

See you Friday night!!!!
**) **) **)

RPRICE 02-19-2002 01:15 PM

John, Tom, Gary, and others. We have decided to fly into
Austin instead of Dallas. So no carpooling is required. Thanks for the offers though. Good to have friends in low places.
Richard
By the way, is Kingair going to Austin?

Snakecharmer 02-19-2002 03:25 PM

Local Doppler puts us at Clear and 72 on Saturday:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: Way to go Tom!!

Charmer