Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   There's A Snake In My Garage! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/15476-theres-snake-my-garage.html)

Gregg(What's his name)? 03-17-2002 05:51 PM

There's A Snake In My Garage!

I'll I can say is that I'm riding on cloud nine doing 100MPH.

After 1700 plus miles and minus a few Benjamins I'm a proud owner of a B&B cobra,

It's 80% complete and 100% driveable. 351w with a T-5 and all the triming.

It might have been cloudy all day, but that large glow over west Austin was my SH!T eating grin. Sure it needs a little tweeking and a paint job. But 0-100 was never so cool. Too that Illinois State trooper Thanks for not giving me a ticket yesterday. I was only doing a little over 100 in a 45. Just cleaning out the carb and making sure I was getting a good deal.

No more copiloting for this kid. I'm flying first class!:3DSMILE:

Thanks to everyone out their for keeping the Cobra spirit alive. I may be a little poorer, but I feel like a kid at Christmas time. :3DSMILE:

BTW Thanks to my lovely wife, Donna, who said "spend the money!" And to Joe for going up with me and pulling the trailer with his truck. Its not the car but the people!

Stay tuned you Austin bunch (hell everyone). Party will be following soon.

Gregg H:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:

Fred Douglass 03-17-2002 06:23 PM

Hey Gregg!

You just added 10 years to your life! Don't know what I'm more jealous about: your car or that lovely wife who gave you the GREAT advice! I'm buyin' wifey a bimmer--THEN I get the SPF! (Maybe that way the car pulling into my driveway after my cobra will be HER BMW, not her lawyer's!). Way to go, kiddo!

jrussell 03-17-2002 06:27 PM

This is sooooooooooooo sweet!!

Greg,
It's about time you got to join in the real fun!! I, for one, think you waited long enough, but the time was obviously right as is the car!
Now, you have absolutely NO excuse not to join in the fun at Motorsport Ranch in May with us,(hint,hint!!)
Congratulations on the new ride buddy, you earned it!!!
John Russell
:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:

Ed Csoltko 03-17-2002 06:37 PM

Congrats!

Greg; I'm glad to hear that you have a snake in your garage. It's been a long haul for you, but at least you finally got one. Now the fun begins. Now Charmer can ride with you until he gets his engine repaired.:3DSMILE:

Ibr8k4vetts 03-17-2002 07:20 PM

Go

Gregg,
Way too cool. Looks like your on the road way before me:CRY: Happy everything worked out:D :D
Mike
PS lets see some pics.
________
vaporgenie

wicked fast 03-17-2002 07:32 PM

COOL !!!
:3DSMILE:

ThePidler 03-18-2002 05:25 AM

Let the fun begin!!! How does it feel to drive your own snake? I cannot wait to drive mine!

greg

4RE KLR 03-18-2002 05:36 AM

Greg,

Congrats buddy. You know what this means don't you? Yours will be the 60 th Cobra at our Austin event next year. Your the man.

And as always it is nice to have a supportive wife. I could not do it without mine.

Happy trails to you!

Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks

mustangmendez 03-18-2002 06:01 AM

Cool Beans

Way to cool,Greg we need to see it .
So what are the specs on the new Cobra ?
We are happy for you, sounds like thats the car for you .
Hope to see it soon .
Mustang Mendez :cool:

renaissance man 03-18-2002 06:04 AM

Glad to have another member on the road! Hey Gregg, we don't have any "pink" cobras yet! Live on that razor's edge!:D

mustangmendez 03-18-2002 06:10 AM

Pink

We were saving the pink for Neils Cobra Ren Man .

Mustang Mendez

JRoss 03-18-2002 08:35 AM

It's a COBRA

Hey Gregg,

Congrats on the new kid. Is it gonna be a boy or a girl - are you gonna paint it blue or pink. Ha.

WE WANT PICTURES, PICTURES AND MORE PICTURES.

John

Snakecharmer 03-18-2002 10:17 AM

Way to go buddy!!!! :)
I'll be over this weekend to take a look (and maybe hitch a ride :) )
Your situation was certainly a unique one but I'm proud of you for not letting the difficult times get you down and ruining your dream. :)

Congrats,

Charmer

jwoodard 03-18-2002 12:11 PM

Neat!

Greg,

Congratulations! You deserve the new car and now you can enjoy ownership! Looking forward to seeing you driving at our next event.

Jim:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:

Gregg(What's his name)? 03-18-2002 12:16 PM

THANKS TOO ALL!

I know this sounds sappy but the car has been a real dream of mine, but the best part of this whole thing is not the car. It's the people. I've meet so many wonderfull people because of the cobra.

Cars come and go but the friendships last a lifetime. :)

Well I guess I will try to up load a few pictures. My Cobra won't be the fastest or have 24k gold like Mr. Parks. But it will be mine. :D

I tried to upload photos but I seem to be having a problem Click my photo gallery and I have a few photos.

Gregg H

Ray Russell 03-19-2002 05:34 PM

Congratulations, Gregg! Glad to see you're realizing your dream. Hope you have as much fun as I have had in the last year.:MECOOL:

Joe Z 03-19-2002 08:06 PM

Hey Greg,

Lena says "It's time to pass the yellow cones to someone else"! What are your kids going to wear to the events?

We can't wait to see the new arrival. Let's pass out some CEEGARS!

Congrats, Greg. Patience is a virtue, but it won't go 0-60 in 5. I am glad to see you drivin'

Have fun! count us in for the sanding party!

Hey, Don't let Tony paint. I heard he likes pink!!

Joe and Lena

Ed Hubbard 03-19-2002 10:52 PM

Greg,

Sounds like you have a B&B! This is one of the makes that's on my short list. I'm going to visit their shop this weekend (also going to attend North Cobra's build school to get some hands-on with a FFR).

As I won't be in town this weekend for your party, let me know when I can come by and take a look / lend a hand! Thx.

-Ed (#2)

Brent Mills 03-20-2002 12:11 AM

Gregg, it's great to hear you've got one!! Take'r easy until you get used to that short wheelbase and all that power!

mustangmendez 03-20-2002 06:05 AM

Joe Z

Hey Joe Z
The only reasond I want to paint pink is because Neil bought extra to do your car .HE HE good to see you are abought Joe Z.

Greg trying to get my tax stuff together may not get there Sunday . I will let you know ....
Mustang Mendez