Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Houston Austin Combo meet? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/16387-houston-austin-combo-meet.html)

Dennis Mosley 04-19-2002 08:05 AM

Houston Austin Combo meet?

Hi Everyone,

Charmmer had a great idea,

"What if we plan to have local groups invite other local groups to a Saturday lunch somewhere? For instance, the Austin group could meet the Houston group in Columbus. Or the Houston group could meet the Dallas group in Centerville. "

I like it so much that I'll try to kick it off.

What do you guys think about a combo Houston/Austin (and anyone else that wants to come) meet in Fayetteville, TX on May Saturday 18th for Lunch? Anyone interested? That is the 3rd Saturday and I think that misses all the regular meeting schedules for the local clubs.

Give me some input.

Dennis
"el Aggie presidente":3DSMILE:

renaissance man 04-19-2002 09:08 AM

We'll do it Dennis! I was trying to set one up with the Dallas crowd this past month but it had to be postponed. We'll look up some restaurants.

:D

grumpy 04-19-2002 09:12 AM

Hou/Aus Luncheon

renMAN,
Keep us informed, Columbus would put me thru bluebonnets/paintbrushes on way over, wife might go along for a change.

Grumpy

mr0077 04-19-2002 11:30 AM

Dennis, I'm tentatively in! Sounds like a blast...but, beautiful downtown Fayetteville:confused:??? Is that the geographic centerpoint between Austin and Houston?:LOL: Lets do it!

renaissance man 04-19-2002 12:45 PM

Actually, "La Grange" is probably more of the center point.

Dennis Mosley 04-19-2002 01:14 PM

Fayetteville was a suggestion by charmmer. He said they have a cool town square and some eaterys we could take over for lunch. Had to pick a place and that sounded as good as any. Columbus and Round Top were also options.

scr11 04-19-2002 07:37 PM

We're in!!! I always enjoy cruises on Hwy 71.

Also, I would suggest that the car with the most horsepower buys lunch. I think that's Stretch.

Scott, SPF#1230 / 393

Dennis Mosley 04-23-2002 02:19 PM

Here is some info from Charmer on Fayetteville

Here is some info on Fayetteville. They have restaurants, B&B's, and lots of shade.

http://www.ilovefayettevilletx.com/

Charmer

Snakecharmer 04-23-2002 02:25 PM

Wait a minute Scott,

I'm old, just turned 40, my tennis shoes have holes in them, and I'm out of shape. I don't think my tired two legs would generate any more than 4 or 5 horsepower on a dyno. And since I'm "Fred Flinstone'ing" it these days, that would leave me out of contention for highest HP. :LOL: :LOL:

Charmer

I'm in for the 18th. I think you guys will really like Fayetteville, the drive is awesome and the town is quaint. They won't believe their eyes and ears when they see us pull in for lunch!!!

Ed Csoltko 04-23-2002 03:25 PM

I'm In!

There goes my back. I'll need some serious chiropractic adjustments for a 2 3/4 hour drive one way. I drove to Smithville several weeks ago and I was hurting for several days afterwards. I'll still be there, but I might consider taking my Towncar.:3DSMILE:

jkbedell 04-23-2002 11:11 PM

That Fayetteville trip sounds like fun. But I will have to miss that one as I will be at Mosport in Canada that weekend. Save some barbecue for me!

Jim Weatherall 04-24-2002 09:13 PM

That should be a go for us as well. It sounds fun. If it makes you feel any better, I think it is way less than 2+ hours Austin to Fayetteville. :cool:

Ed Csoltko 04-25-2002 06:38 PM

Who's In?

Okay Austin; A little response would be appreciated from the Houston bunch. Who's going to Fayetteville on the 18th? **)

Remember, rain or shine, Cobras or no Cobras!:3DSMILE:

Dennis Mosley 04-25-2002 07:25 PM

Ed,

So far it looks like we have Me, Ken, Scott & Brandy, Jim and Duane (responded on FFCobra.com) from Houston and Renman, Grumpy, Charmer and you from Austin.

So far we look like we are going to have a good turn out! This should be fun:3DSMILE:

renaissance man 04-27-2002 07:16 AM

If I get my new Flow-Kooler pump on and my new Griffin on, I'll be there.

2mann 04-28-2002 04:24 PM

i'll try and be there, it might be the last trip i take in the cobra before she goes up for sale! anyone interested?

jrichard 04-29-2002 06:19 AM

My seats are more comfortable than Ed's... I can handle a 2hour drive (thank you Valentine 1) and I can tentatively commit (isn't that an oxymoron?) to be there. I hope Fayetteville has good steaks.

mustangmendez 04-29-2002 06:24 AM

Cruzzzzz

I am in for Fayette maybe I can have something together if not I will run the big red flamed Dually .
Mustang Mendez

Ed Csoltko 04-29-2002 08:46 AM

2002 Spring Meet Videos

Houston members; Those of you who took videos of the 2002 Spring Meet, could you duplicate a VHS tape for me and bring it to the Fayetteville meet. I'm trying to collect as much video and make a master tape. Thanks in advance.

jkbedell 04-29-2002 11:05 PM

Ed, I still have my video. Give me a call when you get up this way and I will be happy to give it to you. You have to promise me a copy and my tape back. I may be down your way sometime this week.