Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Sept 6th Meeting, Dallas (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/44497-sept-6th-meeting-dallas.html)

ERA600hp 08-19-2003 05:28 AM

Sept 6th Meeting, Dallas

Ok, we need to make a decision here!! We need to have our monthly meeting, yet we have two car shows that people want to attend.

So do we schedule a Breakfast meeting?? Yes

Do we schedule a lunch meeting, which would interfere with the car shows!!

So what do we do?? :CRY: :CRY:

The Royal Rhubarb

Also Todd 08-19-2003 11:22 AM

meeting?

could have a lunch meeting at the show here in Carrollton, entry into the car show gets a shirt and discount on lunch at
ricks b-b-q.. as you sit inside the air-condition room you can decide how to drive the route to the next show at prestige...

of course I am biased.

Todd

jwoodard 08-19-2003 01:52 PM

I'm think.................

a breakfast meeting is in order. It's still plenty hot, so meeting early in the day is a good thing. That leaves plenty of time to attend the car shows. Just my 2 cents worth.

:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:

66 snake 08-19-2003 02:17 PM

Since it's hot as blazes these days, I would say breakfast but I've heard that there is some discrepancy in what time breakfast is.

I'm sure some of you like to eat breakfast at 6AM but I'm not much for eating in my sleep. So a "brunch" time would be my preference, then those going to the show in Carrollton can go on to there and the rest can still have a good chunk of the day.

Mrs. Sleepy 66 Snake

JRoss 08-19-2003 03:06 PM

How about 9:00am

Todd's show starts at 10:30 so how about we have breakfast at 9:00am somewhere in carrolton so those who want to go to the show can leave directly from breakfast.

Who knows their way around carrolton?

John

Jack T 08-19-2003 07:10 PM

There is a Blue Plate Diner on the south east side of George Bush and Old Denton. Great breakfasts like Norma's. You can see Rick's BBQ from the front door.

ERA600hp 08-19-2003 08:46 PM

Breakfast

Why not 7:00am?? :D

The Royal One

4RE KLR 08-20-2003 06:09 AM

Tom,

I have a question I think I know the answer to............

Do you wake up the roosters EVERYDAY?

Doesn't matter what time for me. But if it is too late then the ones that do want to go to the show will not get the prime parking spots........ If that matters.

I would think thta 9:00 would be to late to eat and then even get to the show. You all know it takes about an hour and a half for us all to bs and eat. I would say 8:00 at the latest.

Tom pick a spot first then a time and call it done, Normas was a good spot the one time we went there, but I do not know how far that is from the show everyone wants to attend, you do. Your in charge this month.

Also Todd 08-20-2003 07:29 AM

breakfast in Carrollton

Cafe Brazil is a great place. Blue Plate is good.

Hope to see you on the 6th

Todd

ERA600hp 08-20-2003 08:52 AM

I Hop, Plano

Ok, I Hop, in Plano!! :o

7:00am

At the South East corner of Plano Pkwy and Preston or 289, about a half of block East of that intersection is a I Hop!! :p

You can take the Bush Toll, exit Preston or 289, go North about one block turn right or East, The I Hop is on the South side of Plano Pkwy. Plenty of parking on the East side of the building.

I'll get with the manager, save us some places!! :cool:

The Royal Rhubarb

RockSnake 08-20-2003 09:35 AM

Plano? Somehow the lyrics "L.A. via Omaha" come to mind.

jrussell 08-20-2003 10:24 AM

I think breakfast at 4:30 would work!

Yep,
An early breakfast works for me! Of course, Lyndsie has a Volleyball tournament at Frisco HS, so I won't be able to make it. However, I will probably be having some sort of breakfast around 4:30 to 5:00am, but unfortunately it won't be with you, my Cobra buddies.
Gee, I guess my vote for 4:30 really doesn't count, so in the immortal words of Rosanna Rosannadanna " Never Mind" !

With tongue firmly in cheek,
John Russell :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ps, Sorry to miss it!

66 snake 08-20-2003 12:17 PM

John that's just a little ways from Frisco. Depending on the game schedule you might be able to shoot over for a Grand Slam and a hug.

Mrs 66 Snake

ERA600hp 08-21-2003 01:06 PM

OK

Talked with the I Hop manager today we are set!! :p

7AM, IHop in Plano, South East corner of Preston and Plano Pkwy. :D

Mrs. 66 snake, I'll be looking for my Grand Slam, and Hug, from you. :3DSMILE:

The manager says that they start getting busy at 8am, so 7 is a good time!! :o

I'll be leaving The Castle about 6am to block off some parking! ;)

The Royal Rhubarb

gsharapa 08-21-2003 04:45 PM

Not sure what car shows you guys are talking about but both Prestige Ford (Garland, TX) and Sam Pack Five Star Ford (Carrollton, Tx) are having big car shows that day. I'm involved in both as Mr. Barnes also will be displaying a Panoz Race Car at both shows......

Cobra #42 08-21-2003 05:40 PM

Guys, I think I will be at the Prestige Ford location, Gary is show director, I'm the road crew for the day. See you there, db

ERA600hp 08-23-2003 02:49 PM

Well Ok, db

Your going to miss a good breakfast!! ;)

Also, Mrs.66 Snake, has a Grand Slam and Hugs for everybody!! :D

I can't wait to get a Grand Slam!! :rolleyes:

The Royal Rhubarb

66 snake 08-25-2003 09:46 PM

Wow! I leave town for a nice little vacation and my comments have taken on a non-breakfasty connontation. I only visited Vegas, I wasn't taking lessons on anything. ;-)

But hugs are still a go.

Mrs. 66 Snake

ERA600hp 08-26-2003 03:48 AM

Mrs 66 Snake

How about That Grand Slam, you talked about??? :rolleyes:

The Royal Rhubarb

Gary Morris 09-05-2003 07:01 AM

??????

Is IHOP at Preston and Plano Pkwy. at 7:00AM still the plan? Has not been much discussion here lately. I see the car shows for the day don't start till 10:00 and 4:00 which means everyone will be at the breakfast....Right??? Except for John Russell and we know about that.

Gary:D :D :D
Morning Cobra Cruises are the BEST!!!