Old 10-15-2003, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default cobras by the bay-final call

hey guys
ok, here is the schedule:

friday november 7:
5:00 pm until ?, tailgate party at my shop located at the corner of holly and south staples street. when you reach corpus christi you get on south padre island drive heading south. take the staples street exit and turn right. you will go to the third traffic light which is holly. turn left and move over to the outside lane. you will go about 100 feet and then you will see an exit into the shopping complex on your right. pull in and then veer back to your left and you will see some warehouse buildings in the back. my shop is in the middle. for those that arrive by 7, pizza will be served. last year one of the local tv stations did their live broadcast at 5 from my shop. don't know if they will be there again, but i'll ask.

saturday november 8:
9:00am-1:00 pm. meet at crosstown ford, located at 4721 ayers, for the show and shine. the car show is free and open to the public. due to construction on an overpass at the intersection of ayers and south padre island drive you will need to exit at greenwood and take the frontage road to ayers and then turn left. or go past ayers and take the exits for carroll lane and kostoryz, make a u, go back to ayers on the frontage road and then turn right. crosstown will be about 1/3 of a mile on the left. the dealer will pick his top 5 cars for awards. the event is open to all cars, not just cobras.
at 1:00pm i will lead all cars on a cruise around the bay with a stop in rockport for lunch. lunch will be served at charlotte plumers-a sea food restaurant. we will have a drawing from the drivers for a free meal! after lunch we will continue the cruise back to corpus via the ferry's. should be back to corpus by 5:00pm.

saturday evening: starting at 7:00pm all of those that are interested are invited to q's sports bar and billiards. the owner is marking off his parking lot for our cobras, up to 15 vehicles. he is offering drinks and bbq to the drivers. those of you that are pool sharks should like this. the rest of us can kick back and enjoy the night life.

motel: ramada inn, 601 north water st. phone: 800 688-0334 code cobr. the rate is $59 for a double double. tell them you are with the texas cobra club.

event t-shirts will be available, first come first served. ryan will post the price. racing fuel, leaded or unleaded, is available. contact me if you will need some. last year we had about 50 cars with 11 being cobras. i'm expecting similar numbers this year. hopefully more cobras. i will have competition as the local corvette club has decided to have a trophy show the same day. typical cooperation on their part.

contact: my cell is 361 549-9525, or at home after 9:00pm 361 993-3863.
look forward to seeing you guys!
paul

Last edited by paul cass; 10-24-2003 at 08:07 AM..
Old 10-16-2003, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3200, Carbed 351W, IRS, TKO600 RR
Not Ranked     

It looks like the 100 year old great grandmother wins...I am headed to Dallas that weekend...but the shirts will make it there you can be assured!
FFR3200 Comp - NASA #27 (ST-1)
TCC President '03
www.cuttingedgeracing.com
Old 10-17-2003, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey ryan
i can understand the grandmother thing. wow, 100 years!!!!! have a great time and we'll miss you here. hey, can you are someone switch this post for the other one as a sticky? anyway, finally we are supposed to have some dry weather and i plan to take advantage. the fia and i need some sunshine. have a great weeekend.
paul
Old 10-19-2003, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Paul,

I just made my reservations but they could not find our group listed....gave me the $59 rate anyway but you might want to give them a call.

Thanks! See ya in a couple of weeks.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool I'm planning to be there

Paul,
I am making plans to come again this year. Dennis, it was fun caravaning before. I would be up for that and would probably want to head out mid day or early afternoon.
Jim
Old 10-21-2003, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey guys
dennis, i called the ramada and left a message about the club not being listed. that part should be taken care of. at least they did give you the correct price. for all that are planning to attend i'm working on things to do for the evening. i'll post later this week.
paul
Old 10-23-2003, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Ramada Inn

Paul,
I called to make my reservation and they do not have the group set up. If you are able to communicate with them, a group code would be good to have. I remember them having this problem in years past.
Jim
Old 10-23-2003, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey jim
they have a new girl in charge and i talked with her this morning and the paper work wasn't in order so i am faxing over a form. everything should be in order by 4 pm. look forward to seeing you guys again.
paul
Old 10-23-2003, 01:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ok guys
everything is set at the ramada. i also have an 800 number to call. 800 688-0334. the code is cobr. finally, i think we are set there. next up will be the schedule for saturday evening. i'll post that tomorrow.
paul
Old 10-24-2003, 08:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks, Paul... I have my room reserved. My wife, Ruthie, will be joining me. Gail has other plans for that weekend.
Jim
Old 10-24-2003, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ok guys
the schedule is set! note the adds to the first post. 800 number for the ramada. for saturday evening after we take a break following the cruise we will meet at q's sports bar and billiards located at 227 north water. this is about 2 blocks south of the ramada inn. the owner has had other events in his parking lot with car guys, but is really excited about seeing a bunch of cobras! he indicated that he would like to offer us drinks and bbq. i've been to one event, mostly all go fast cars, and everyone had a great time. now, as long as it stays dry we should have a great weekend.
paul
Old 10-26-2003, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: specialty motor car (out of existence) 351w 405 hp. c6 auto.
Not Ranked     

Paul,

Add Carol and myself to your list, we will be there early Sat. mourning. Carol has to work Friday evening. We are spending the night Sat. at the hotel. Are there any plans for anything on Sunday? C-ya

Bob Taulbee
Old 10-27-2003, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey bob
glad that your are going to be able to make it this year. i'll be asking for an updated list next week so that i will know what to plan for. haven't thought about sunday. we can discuss that with those that are staying over until sunday.
paul
Old 10-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Looking forward to it Paul!
Old 10-31-2003, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Question

Paul, If we go to the Ramada front desk Saturday morning and tell them we're with the Cobra Club, will we still get the $59 room, or should we make reservations?

A map or instructions to your place, and to the hotel would be nice since I haven't been to Corpus.

David, Do I still get to ride shotgun with you?

Last edited by Ed Csoltko; 10-31-2003 at 01:02 PM..
Old 10-31-2003, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey ed
call the ramada and let them know that you are coming in on saturday. if you need to cancel you should have a 24 hour grace period. if you have a problem let me know. i'm not any good at drawing maps and posting, thats why i listed the directions in the first part of this post. if you are coming in saturday, you would go directly to crosstown ford instead of to my shop. i'm going to update next week as i need a head count and i'll have the final details for what we will be doing. evreyone have a great weekend.
paul

Last edited by paul cass; 10-31-2003 at 01:32 PM..
Old 11-03-2003, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey guys
tomorrow i will have a new post for a head count and details for the weekend. for those coming in on friday i may have something special for those that arrive before 9 pm. keeping an eye on the weather.
paul
Old 11-04-2003, 10:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3200, Carbed 351W, IRS, TKO600 RR
Not Ranked     

I need help! I have to be in Dallas this weekend, but I need to get the event shirts to Corpus! They will be ready Thursday or Fri morning at the latest. Anyone coming down from austin want to meet me on their wya through and grab them. I will make it very convenient for you! 210-522-3789 day or 210-366-0317 evening
FFR3200 Comp - NASA #27 (ST-1)
TCC President '03
www.cuttingedgeracing.com
Old 11-04-2003, 07:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Ed, the seat's yours unless some young, attractive, well-endowed female makes me a better offer. I know you would understand.

(If her offer's good enough, i'll just let you take the car on the cruise! )

See Y'all Friday!!!