Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Dallas November Meeting (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/46276-dallas-november-meeting.html)

ERA600hp 10-14-2003 05:01 AM

Dallas November Meeting

The November meeting for the Dallas group will be held on the 1st Saturday in November, which happends to be the 1st of November ! Meeting arrangements have been made for 11:00am for the club at:

The Oasis at Joe Pool Lake
5700 Lake Ridge Parkway
Grand Prairie Tx 75052
Contact Person: Jeff Overholser, Mgr.
Tel#817-640-7676
Fax#817-640-9830
He will contact his GM for instruction on the parking area for the cars.

He will set aside an area in the restaurant to accommodate the members.
Unfortunately, the room upstairs is only available for larger parties or
we can reserve it for $100. I chose not to.
I will contact him to confirm parking arrangements and apprx headcount
prior to me going to Ann Arbor, Michigan on 10/26..I am tentatively
scheduled to return the evening of 10/30.
Suggest you give him the final headcount prior to meeting on 11/1.

Directions:

From Downtown Dallas, take 35 E to 67 South to Beltline Road exit in
Cedar Hill.
Take a right on Beltline and proceed several miles past the lake to the
restaurant which is located on the right hand side at Lynn Creek Marina
on the lake.

Someone might have better directions!!
Don ( can't spell his last name), flyfisher, made the arrangements! He'll be out of town for the meeting!

The Royal Rhubarb

Gary Morris 10-14-2003 06:13 AM

Oh Royal One.....just a question from one of your subjects. Isn't it customary for the person Hosting the meeting to be there? Seems funny as I thought the reason for hosting was to keep it in your neighborhood.....but then I'm only a peasant...But I will be there.....

Your loyal subject
:D :D :D :D :D :D

392cobra 10-14-2003 06:29 AM

This is from the Tollway & I-35E

I-35E S. 6.2 Miles (9.91 Km)

1: Take the US-67 S exit 0.2 Miles (0.30 Km)

2: Merge onto US-67 S. 4.5 Miles (7.16 Km)

3: Take the I-20 W exit towards FT WORTH. 0.4 Miles (0.66 Km)

4: Merge onto I-20 W. 9.4 Miles (15.12 Km)

5: Take the exit 0.2 Miles (0.34 Km)

6: Stay straight to go onto I-20 W. 0.1 Miles (0.21 Km)

7: Turn LEFT onto S GREAT SOUTHWEST PKWY. 1.5 Miles (2.38 Km)

8: Turn Right onto LAKE RIDGE PKWY.

5700 LAKE RIDGE PKWY
GRAND PRAIRIE, TX
75052-8514, US

Ed Csoltko 10-14-2003 06:40 AM

He Missed Last Month's Meet!

Hmmmmm,

"Oh Royal One.....just a question from one of your subjects. Isn't it customary for the person Hosting the meeting to be there?"

Good question, Tom didn't show last month either. Boy what a bummer. :rolleyes: Oh well, I guess he didn't want to have breakfast with me. :3DSMILE:

bwcobra15 10-14-2003 09:24 AM

Better Directions:

Quote:

Originally posted by ERA600hp
Directions:
From Downtown Dallas, take 35 E to 67 South to Beltline Road exit in
Cedar Hill.
Take a right on Beltline and proceed several miles past the lake to the
restaurant which is located on the right hand side at Lynn Creek Marina
on the lake.
Someone might have better directions!!
Don ( can't spell his last name), flyfisher, made the arrangements! He'll be out of town for the meeting!
The Royal Rhubarb [/b]

I have better direction, From Interstate I-20 in south Arlington or Grand Prairie, take the Great Southwest Parkway exit. Go south approximately 2 miles and stay to the right Great Southwest parkway will merge with Lake Ridge Parkway. Go about three more miles to the lake. When you see the water, the marina and the Oasis Restaurant will be on your left.

Here is a link to Lynn Creek Marina and the Oasis Restaurant:

http://www.marinas.com/lynncreekmarina/Default.htm

Here is a link to an online map:

Map of Lynn Creek Marina
5700 Lake Ridge Pkwy
Grand Prairie, TX 75052-8514

See y'all there! Finally something on MY side of town!!

ERA600hp 10-14-2003 11:32 AM

I know, I know

Don, can't spell his last name, set this up, He'll be out of town!
He didn't want to post the meeting so he got me too! What can I say!! :MECOOL:

The Royal Rhubarb

James Baldwin 10-14-2003 12:21 PM

Kill the messennggeerrr!!!!!!!!!!

-------

We should be there. Sound like a good place.

ssnake 10-14-2003 12:33 PM

To the Royal one and his court:

The Royal (Rhubarbski) one has asked me to (bail him out) clarify the goings on with the November meeting.. I informed Mr. Rhubarbski that I would be out of town until the 30th but would be in attendance at this meeting..I did ask Mr. Rhubarbski (twisting his arm) to inform the membership of the meeting presuming that it would carry more weight and he would have more influence than the newcomer on the block..

I believe I stand corrected..

Gary, I agree that it would be not in good form for the host not to be present after making the arrangements for the meeting. I apologize for the miscommunication.

My presence at the previous meetings has been handicapped by the operational aspect of my vehicle.
I'm hoping that with Mr Meadow's and Mr Tice's assistance along with anyone else's technical ability, that situation will be remedied in time for this meeting.
Gary, because of your self professed alleged colorblindness, (more damage could result) I excuse your ability to assist.

Tom, I hope I have redeemed you to your esteemed Royal position..

Don (what's his name) Hijeck

ERA600hp 10-14-2003 12:33 PM

Mr. Baldwin

You don't want to see MR. Angry Eyes!!

The Royal One %/

ssnake 10-14-2003 12:37 PM

James,

I like it..

Don

ERA600hp 10-14-2003 12:42 PM

Mr. Hijack

Boy are you in trouble!! :o

That's not what you told me!! :rolleyes:

I'll tell you what, you being Polish and CRS, just don't go tougher! :p

Do I need to speak to your Lovely Wife? :D

The Royal One :JEKYLHYDE

Gary Morris 10-14-2003 01:16 PM

Yeah Don you're probably right about me working on the wiring.....probably why every time we tear a car apart I'm always asked to lay down on my back and get under the car...ALWAYS having to look up the Royal One and whatever he has decided to wear for the day........I won't tell you what it's like to llok up and realize that the Royal One may be the King...BUT the Kingly sword is more like a nail file.........from the peasants point of view.

Gary
%/ :MECOOL: :LOL: :3DSMILE: :JEKYLHYDE :( :LOL:

James Baldwin 10-14-2003 01:48 PM

Rhubarb,
How much did you pay Don to take th wrap for you??

Not to mention... How much did YOU pay him to let YOU work on His car? :)

ERA600hp 10-14-2003 02:00 PM

James

Keep it up, and you'll see MR. Angry Eyes!! :mad:

The Royal One!! :CRY:

392cobra 10-14-2003 02:34 PM

He didn't want to post the meeting so he got me too! What can I say!!

The Royal Rhubarb

When I saw a 11 am meeting I just figured someone else had logged in using Tom's club name.
Just didn't sound like Tom.

ERA600hp 10-14-2003 02:38 PM

That's Right

Your Right Fred!!

The Royal Rhubarb

kingair 10-14-2003 06:17 PM

We finally will be able to make a meeting!!!!! Don, if you need any help with an ERA you might want to talk with James or myself as Mr, Rhubarbski rarely drives his and hence it never breaks. Speaking of which o Royal one, are you going to the meeting????

kingair 10-14-2003 06:22 PM

OOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Forgot to include the fabulous Mr Morris and Mr Tice in the ERA help brotherhood!!! No slight intended, it was just that I was so focused on Pureeing Rhubarb

ssnake 10-14-2003 07:45 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Gary Morris

[b]"I'm always asked to lay down on my back" and get under the car...ALWAYS having to look up the Royal One and whatever he has decided to wear for the day........I won't tell you what it's like to llok up and realize that the Royal One may be the King...BUT the Kingly sword is more like a nail file.........from the peasants point of view.

Gary

Gary,

You're always asked to lay down on your back and you're complaining?
It could be a lot worse, they could ask you to lay down on your stomach... :LOL:

Don

ssnake 10-14-2003 08:29 PM

Tom,

Oh Royal one..now, now play nice...I understand your compelling need to defend oneself especially if one has been exposed..After you painted me this picture about the workload that you have, I felt the sympathetic need to provide a venue for the meeting and I simply asked you to take over for four short days while I'm out of town and provided a nice e-mail with instructions and the like and you...you...butchered it up...This is indicative of a Polish king from Alabama.
The other item that you failed to mention was the fact that you admitted to being of Polish heritage AFTER you worked (that's what he called it)on my car..Needless to say, my car is more broke and had I had prior knowledge of you being Polska and from Alabama no less...

I knew I should have asked you for a disclosure..

The UIL doesn't know of your background..do they?

Don