23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2003, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Very Cool Parts stack manifold system

I am thinking of using Very Cool Parts manifold stack system on my Cobra and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, or knows of anyone who has put the system on their car. I love the Webber look and the fact that it an EFI system is very interesting.
I'm listening.
Popeye
Old 11-15-2003, 03:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: specialty motor car (out of existence) 351w 405 hp. c6 auto.
Not Ranked     

Popeye,

Don't you have to have the Ford EFI system on your engine. I think it just replaces the stock throttle body and manifold. You will still have to have the stock fuel management computer and all the stock components. Could be expensive if you have to install the complete support system.

Bob Taulbee
Old 11-16-2003, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob,
Yes you do need a fuel computer, high pressure fuel pump, fuel regulator as well as injectors. You're right, it does get pricey. But I'm getting that itch.
Popeye
Old 11-16-2003, 01:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Popeye, all I can say is at Spring Fling I saw Wayne Pressley's GT40 with his setup on it and it was awesome. The car ran great at idle, WOT, and everywhere in between. He was everywhere giving rides, aotocrossing, on the dyno, and the car seemed to do all with ease. (I won't mention Thursday's spirited blast through Columbus coming from the TV station!) On top of this, it looks fantastic. Needless to say, I was impressed! Go for it.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

The TWM system also looks nice;I like the fuel rails mounted on the inside. chuck
Old 11-16-2003, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info. I'm going to get into this idea and will probably put this system on. I did see the info on the TWM and it looks good as well.
David, good to hear from you. I saw your bid on E Bay for the seats. Hope you get them.
Popeye
Old 11-17-2003, 08:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4853, Roush 451FE
Not Ranked     

Don't forget that it requires the computer management system from them also, another $1000 you need to add in the budget.

It looks cool, I want the setup, but I can't justify the $3500+ for the system.........maybe later!

JQ
Old 11-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SO
Not Ranked     

The burning questions of the hour are, did Wayne Presley allow Kountzecobra to ride in his car? If so, why!!?! And David, just HOW did you manage to fit!!?! LOL Hahahahaha...
Old 11-17-2003, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink $3,500? Hmmm.........

From what I've heard, it is like 7-10k for the complete set-up. Guess it depends on who you talk to. The stand-alone ignition/fuel systems used like the TEC# or Motec go for 3-5k!

Aside from looks, is there any advantage for running the stack system versus a single throttle body multi-port inj system like the Pro-flo or Accel set-ups? This is an open question to Wayne or anyone else out there with direct experience, Scott
Old 11-17-2003, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will sell you a complete setup for $9900 and pocket the rest! The website addy is http://www.verycoolparts.com

This is pasted directly from the website:

The ultimate in performance and looks. Manifold comes with linkage, manifold, throttle bodies, throttle position sensor, fuel rails and arrives completely assembled with either short and tall velocity stacks. Stack filters, individual K&N filters are available.

$2550 + S&H

The engine management system is around a grand +-.

( I did read about the TECH3 being $2650, I understand you don't need this setup, but the other engine mgmt. at $995 or 1250 with harness )

This stack system owner is a member of the Factory Five Racing Owners Group ( FFROG ) and frequents the forums and I have asked others that have it.

Heck, I can buy a turnkey 351W/400 h.p. for $6195 or a 427FE for $11,000 turnkey, if this setup was $10 grand it would be a joke.

Last edited by Johnnyquest; 11-17-2003 at 11:12 AM..
Old 11-17-2003, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

cscott67, you are correct that it is a lot of money! Currently, I have the EFI setup and I don't like the look. Quality roadsters is currently in production of a system that is EFI, but has the look of a carb system, complete with oval Cobra air cleaner. I may look into this because it gives me the period correct look I want and the benefits of EFI. I think he is doing it for small blocks only.

Randy F.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink Maybe I should have said....

It's for a 427..........chevy! ;o) I know, I know, the blue oval is king and I'm not worthy...............I would still like to know if there is a difference betwwen the two in performance, Scott
Old 11-17-2003, 11:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow! Go ahead and call them and see what they say...........sure they will tell you how great their system is.

I have no problem with Chevy stuff, had many corvettes in my day. Now, Factory Five Racing has a new supercar ( GTM 200 Prototype ) that is based on the C-5 running gear, so there may be another GM in my future yet!
Old 11-18-2003, 02:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

I have ridden in Wayne's car. It looks great, performs great and has a unique intake sound when he gets on it...... sort of like a sport bike engine on acid .....It compleatly changes the sound of the engine..... Very Cool indeed!
Steve
Old 11-18-2003, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve,
Thanks for the comment. Everything seems very positive so I am going to try it on my car. I'll let you know how it performs.
Popeye
Old 11-19-2003, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     
Question

Popeye,
Where in Houston do you live? I would like to be involved in helping you set up your system....... or at least learn about it first hand.
Steve
Old 11-21-2003, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve,
I live in the Clear Lake area. I'll let you know when I get it all together.
Thanks.
Popeye