Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2004, 07:51 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     
Smile thanks, Gary!!!!!

Wow! what a day! Mr. Cobra #1 signed my ball cap. He didn't have time to sign my car. He was climbing into his spankin' new Mustang... with some US congressman that had to be somewhere else....

Gary, it is awesome!! More people were looking at "our" car than anything else on the lot.

Hey, everyone, the car is here, in my garage, needing a little dusting off.

thanks, snakeeyes for the cool suggestion- as you can see I used it.

Unbelievable- of course my hair was a mess.

I have pictures and maybe i will figure out how to load them. A new learning curve.... my smilies aren't working, oh boy, something else to learn to do, too!

thanks again, Gary, the car looked awesome, and everybody knows i bought it from somebody that did a really great job.

bye, k
Old 03-07-2004, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Girl!

Wow! What a first drive. I'm glad you had a great time. We did miss you at lunch yesterday though.

And that Senator - Was he about 100 yrs old and kinda tall (or looks like he used to be)?? I'm pretty sure it was Sam Johnson.

Well, Gary says you've got April's meeting. And since you've hit the ground running, I expect great things.

Colleen
Old 03-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

yep, Mrs., it was Senator Sam. My high school had a blow out 75th reunion, and all these celebrities (sorta) were there. Of course, it wasn't my 75th.... lol. so, i have a couple of cool photos of #291 in front of Woodrow. it'll take all day to figure out how to attach them, i'm sure. sent hubby to church with the kids, so i could get caught up on laundry, chores, yada yada, and they won't be back til at least 4. think i can figure out how to do this by then. ?? i need a class for the smilies, too.

hubby has yet to drive it. he has asked.... guess since he did kinda pay for it i should let him drive it. haha. maybe not.... he'll wreck it!!

so. April gathering is mine.... hmmmmm

it's my party..... i think this side of town would be nice, don't you?

bring your CM book. (the guys won't know what that is)

more later

k
Old 03-07-2004, 08:23 AM
The Royal Rhubarb
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #495,427SO, Stroked
Send a message via AIM to ERA600hp
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up LittleCobra

Way to Go!!!

Gary is a real Teddy Bear!!

We all Love him, I know that you'll have some Great Times in you Cobra!! Doesn't that sound Great YOUR COBRA, not to many people can say that, or I've got ome in my garage!!

I've know Gary for all most 6 years, The attention to detail that Gary has taken was a labor of Love, your a lucky Lady to get his Cobra, I hope that you enjoy the Ride!!

Looking forward to seeing you again!!

The Royal Rhubarb!!
Old 03-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

well, it looks like i got the smilies working.

i also like that nobody spells anything correctly, uses correct punctuation, capitalization, etc. kinda like being a kid again. can i take the teacher hat off?

i am sooo pumped. guess i'll put that first load in, then start washing off the car.

after lunch and a nap i'll work on the photos!!

hey, gary, where are you???

k
Old 03-07-2004, 08:30 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hi, Mr. Rhubarb. glad to hear from you! is your baby doing ok, from TCC? it is an awesome car!!! My dad did his jag a cool "rhubarb" color. my oldest son is an aggie wannabe, and would like yours. my 2nd is a longhorn wannabe, (they are 13, 11) and liked the photos of the orange one. anyway, thanks for the post! this is fun.

k
Old 03-08-2004, 06:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

I'm here Talk about jumping in. Looks like you figured out how to post and everything. I like the screen name...wish I had thought of it. You're going to fit in real well with this bunch...I can tell. We'll have to bring you up to speed on the Royal Rhubarb but other than that most everyone else is fine. Glad all went well with Carroll Shelby. I'm off tonite for another car club meeting. Some of us TCC memebers are also members of the Shelby Cobra Association of Texas of which Carroll Shelby is a lifetime member as well as Bill Neale ( the artist that did the picture you saw in my house) If you can ever make a meeting please do. We meet on the 2nd Monday at El Chico on I35 at Valwood Parkway at 7:00 or 7:30 I think. I should know this as I'm the VP. And no you don;t have to drive your car.....don't want something to happen to anybody and get lost in traffic.
For anyone reading this Kristen will be stepping up and taking the APRIL Meeting. It's a special day for her

Gary
Cobraless
Old 03-08-2004, 06:29 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

You got yourself one fine Cobra,ENJOY !!!

No doubt you look better behind the wheel than Gary too.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:41 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey, there, Gary. Did you see my "gallery"?. That took forever. got it, tho'. My learning curve is improving! Tried for what seemed like hours to put the cute little picture under my name, but obviously didn't get that... maybe next sunday night at 1 a.m.!!
i first posted the photos at the CC gallery, then moved them to TCC gallery, then back to CC gallery. Let's create more work!
I'm sure Mr. Rhubarb is one cool dude, once you get to know him.... haha

Fred: don't remember you, but do remember your car... (that's a compliment)

Matt: cool tires. gracias.

any special tricks for cleaning under the hood? shiny outside....

gotta go be a house slave...

bye
Old 03-08-2004, 06:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Hey you better make sure and turn the driving lights off...one of those pictures looks like the lights are on hehehehe really they do!!!

Glad you like the car...to clean under teh hood you just do as Gary used to...sleep out in the garage

I really need to find a picture of him sitting up asleep in a one of those tires...really he was.

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 03-08-2004, 06:56 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking it worked!

oh, my gosh! the little picture worked!! it didn't work at 1 am!!

i did the same thing today.... am so confused, but hey, the final is it worked. what a genius.

k
Old 03-08-2004, 07:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

You're doing better than me. I still have never tried to post pictures in the gallery. Guess I should learn huh? LOVE your house...WOW!

Gary
cobraless
Old 03-08-2004, 07:08 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i guess we could post the photos you have of 291 (for sale) and pretend like it's still yours!!!

k
Old 03-08-2004, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Kristen,

You've hit the ground running! I'm glad 291 served you as intended at your reunion...I guess all of the JB Weld Gary used to piece the frame back together held!

Gary did tell you about the JB Weld, didn't he? I never knew what a great deal you could get on that stuff when purchased by the case.

Sorry if Gary took a while to respond to your initial posts--rumor has it he spent the last several days curled up in the fetal position on the floor of his garage, talking to the oil spots.

Don't worry about him, though...I suspect he's working on something interesting to replace his ERA. You Dallas folk always seem to have all the good stuff, like the world's remaining supply of big-letter Goodyears, and engines that make 150 hp more than anybody else's.

Welcome aboard, HLC. You bought a great car and have connected with an even greater bunch of people--

Bob
Old 03-08-2004, 07:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Now Bob just because I have 3 more of those tires in my garage in case doesn't mean I have all that are left...well ok yea I do

matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 03-08-2004, 07:27 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JB Weld? Are you being critical of JB Weld? We own jbweld.

it's a great product. Right? one step up from Super-Glue?

k
Old 03-08-2004, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

I think it's more like one step sideways from Super Glue. Either way, it's still no substitute for duct tape. Some of my favorite cars have been held together by duct tape (and baling wire, the amateur mechanic's best friend).

Matt, don't go bragging about those other Goodyears in your garage, or they'll end up on Morris' next ride--

Bob
Old 03-08-2004, 10:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Talking Welcome Kristin.. WWHS grad!

Kristin,
No wonder we got along so well from the get-go! Both my children currently go to Woodrow- mt daughter Lyndsie is a junior and my son-John jr is a Freshman. I an glad to see another Cobra around the old school, as mine has been hanging out there for the last three years. I doubt that you saw it, but I have a red "Wildcat paw " on the back window of my hardtop!
It was great to meet you in Austin, & I will see you soon!
John Russell
ps. My daughter & I missed the 75th event on Saturday (she has a Club Volleyball tournament-they won it!), but my son is in Variations and was there. did you go to the Gala yesterday at the DMA?
Old 03-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey, john r. too cool that your kids go to Woodrow. It was a good day. I didn't make it to the variations program at 2 on saturday. my husband was doing the softball/baseball duty, and for 2 weekends in a row i was awl (Austin; reunion stuff Fri/sat) and i had to get back to do transportation duty. i don't keep up with but a few of my h.s. buddies, but wow, we had fun back in the seventies, and this weekend! my folks still live in the house they bought when i was 1. Went to Lakewood Elem., Long, then WW. The neat thing is that my great aunt was in the 1st class, i was in the 50th. lots of celebrities came out of ww.

i saw a really nice silver/grey tbird looking car, with red leather interior and a woodrow sticker on the back, but i'm sorry to say i haven't been around the neighborhood to see yours.

thanks for the note!

kristen
Old 03-09-2004, 06:13 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking hey, matt t

thanks for noticing the lights on #291. as a matter of fact, i would think that you of all people would know that the bottom lights are actually reflectors and not lights at all!!

so, my question is how could they be on???

in reality, it was getting later in the afternoon and i think the sun hit them just at the right angle to make them look lit.

but as a precaution i bought jumper cables, just in case!

kristen