Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     
Default Sunday show events.

Driving back from the airport yesterday, we saw from afar two show events in Mesquite. Yancey said she thought she saw a Cobra at each event. I was too tired from the flight to look. Who showed at Hooters near Town East and who showed on I-30 East (red in color)?

Wish I was there, but San Juan was too good to pass up.

BTW, installed my new Yokohama Avid S/T's this morning. The new throw-out bearing should be here early week. So I should be on the road this weekend.

Jim W., how goes the south east cruise looking?
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302
Old 05-21-2007, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Facotry Five Daytona Coupe 392 Ford Racing
Not Ranked     

I went by the Hooters Show (without my car) around 2:30 and did not see a Cobra there.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

I was at Hurricane Harbor ALL DAY Sunday (ugh) and didn't drive my cobra anywhere.

I won't do a hooter's show; they are run by Gasoline Alley, and they don't 'recognize' Cobra's in a separate class. You have to either enter as "Open" or ??, I think. Not roadster, or convertible. In open class you are up against all kinds of unusual cars. It might just be as "Open" class and none others. I don't remember anymore, but at the one show I went to run by them they weren't very welcoming of me. (me or the cobra??)

Decided my 4-5 hours was better spent at shows more interested in the uniqueness of a Cobra, rather than sticking me in some ambigious class.

Burger Street on Town East Blvd. will start doing them on Friday's pretty soon, I bet. Never entered there, but have driven by a few.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Yancey might be mistaken on the Hter's event, we were on the highway. But positive on the I-30 event. I think it was sponsored by the Rockwall Area Contractors for "CASA". I was invited.

And "K", don't be too critical of Gasoline Alley guys. Miles and myself took home some hardware from the Wing's and Wheel's event last fall. We actually did compete in the roadster class (I took first) and Miles in the convertible (second place).

I just got in from the garage. Feel like an ol' grease monkey again. Car up on jacks, transmission laying on the floor, waste oil in containers laying around, and greasy hands. Love it. Maybe I will consider building one later.....NOT!!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:06 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

well nice to hear about the Gasoline Alley team. They specifically excluded me from Roadster or 60's, and 'threw me in Open.' oh well. Maybe it was just that particular event, but i got the impression that the guy running it was the head dude. It was a pretty big show.
K
I like the 'show and shine's'. Not really a show that takes hours and hours, etc. but the ones where you go and park for the evening- like 5-8 or so.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question Evening out?

Well then. Let's look for a weekday evening events in the next week or two (after I get my car back together) and wrestle up 4-5 cars and participate. Just a 2-3 hour event like you wrote. Make it an evening out with dinner.

It could be a Gasoline Alley, vintage car, Corvette club or any group to invade. Hell, it could even be Keller's!

Any takers? Any show ideas?
Old 05-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

I agree on the Hooter's Gasalley events! Jackie says she'll never go to one because she is HIGHLY allergic to acrylics...and SILICONE!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Thank goodness I'm not allergic!

This Sunday Gas Alley has a show from 1-4:30 at TGI Friday's in Addison. I've been to this one before and the guys who run it were really nice. They drooled over the car the whole show.

They also have a show at Fat Daddy's Burgers in Casa Linda every Wed night.

British & European Car Day, June 3rd looks like a cool event to show or just attend. http://www.kipmotor.com/abcd.htm

Hey, we don't have to have a show. We can definitely just show up at Keller's or Pappa's BBQ or Sonic or any place with a patio and have fun.
I'm game for just about any time AFTER this weekend. Gotta get the car back together.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

How do you know you aren't allergic? It's obvious you have had lots of exposure and Jackie, who is an RN, want's to know if you've experienced any serious manifestations. Rashes? Vomiting? Diarrhea? Any supicious discharges or insatiable desires? If so, you need to consult your physician.
You may need to "Check your engine light"!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:38 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LREYBURN
How do you know you aren't allergic?
I would really like to check to see if I get a reaction.

How close do you recommend ??
Old 05-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

My doctor told me the "motorboat" test would get my olfactory sensory organs as close as possible to the silicone.
Larry, we'll have to take this offline if you'd like to discuss insatiable desires or suspicious discharges....Funny, my doctor says everything's working fine.
Pretty good for a rusty 42 year old!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports; KC408w: 546HP/ 553TQ
Not Ranked     

Steve,

Perhaps you should start a new thread. I will be checking back on this one regularly, but might also want to follow word about an evening show and shine.

John