Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LS427 Cobra, KC 408 stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Next TCC location?

Don't want to start any arguments here (like that's possible ) but I know a number of people might be in for relocating the TCC from Austin to elsewhere - largely due to the traffic issues. A friend in Boerne says a lot of car and motorcycle groups come out there ( a large conference type hotel I think on interstate) and lots of good cruising roads.

I know its farther but it might make a great change. I enjoyed past March (my first) but heard many comments for relocating.

Just throwing out a suggestion. Thanks to those who put it together!! I'll be where ever it is

Jack
Old 08-02-2007, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default chumming the waters

may end up in getting attacked by sharks. This issue has been discussed many times. Good luck on this. Where ever it is I will be there and if you survive this thread, I will see you there.

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 08-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Last year was my first year, so rookie perspective here.
As much as the traffic stinks in Austin, I felt pleasantly surprised we didn't hit more backups and jams. The hills and topography really are a wonderful change. Curvy and hilly? I'm there. Oh, and I like them for roadways too.
One of the things I really liked was a central location for all the activities. We were all in the same hotel, same parking lot.
I've heard Boerne is a neat little town and the topography around there is great too. Maybe I'm just looking for anywhere will a hill. Do they have a larger hotel that could accomodate us?
Not having looked into the details, I still think a Fredericksburg investigation might have something to it...
Old 08-02-2007, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think I will get the popcorn for this one, seems everytime this is brought up a fight breaks out.

I am just going to watch this one
Old 08-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A CSX Cobra,1966 GT350 and an '06 Ford Heritage GT
Not Ranked     

"You Ready?"
"You Ready?"

"LETS GET IT ON!"

sorry; just watched a UFC fight but left early to sit in on this
Old 08-02-2007, 09:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default okay one try at being diplomatis

since I have been blown away in my last few threads, let me try to be a little kindler and genteler. If you do a search on this site you will find that making changes on the tcc deal is like re writing the bible. It took years for a date change. If you can garner enought support from the members to do a location change... more power to you.

Personal opinion....many of the faithful have spent hours and dollars to improve this group to what we have now. I believe that those same members will keep doing the same. Each year...no matter where...our gathering keeps getting better.

Good luck on this...go for it if you can stand the storm. Progress is the hardest thing to continue and defeat is the hardest thing to accept. Take the challenge. Remeber the most important thing... IT"S NOT ABOUT THE CARS...IT'S ABOUT THE PEOPLE.

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 08-02-2007, 10:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     

Is this the next question on the Trivia thread that Steve Parks submitted?

Last edited by Ed Csoltko; 08-02-2007 at 10:51 PM..
Old 08-03-2007, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think Jay about summed it up pretty well.

You may get some support, but the fight will be a rough one. It seems, some people, take this question way to personally.

Good luck.

Ed,
LOL

edited for spelling(imagine that)
Old 08-03-2007, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

You'd have better luck trying to plan a fall event down in the location you recommended then to try and change the Austin location in April. I looked on the map and looks like a neat area for one. The last couple years many have gone down to Houston area for a fall event maybe that could change locations each year. Leave Austin alone and do a different location each fall...........might work?
Old 08-03-2007, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LS427, Keith Craft 408, TKO-600, 370 Rear-End
Not Ranked     

I agree with Gary, Jack and Jay: you will never get the spring event moved and fall would be a great time for Boerne. The drive from Boerne to Fredericksburg through Luckenbach is a great cruise. The run west through Kerrville, FM 39 to Hwy 83 to Rio Frio then on 470 to Bandera is probably the best run in Texas. I have made this run many times and it is great, especially just west of Kerrville when you’re running along the Guadalupe River.

Gary
Old 08-03-2007, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well it's August anyone that lives down in San Antonio or near to that area want to plan something this fall maybe late September/October or is this something to consider for next year? Not sure I remember if Houston already had something planned for this fall like last year or not?

Last edited by gsharapa; 08-03-2007 at 01:40 PM..
Old 08-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default By all means, plan your event at another time!

Jack,
The club is always open to another event that is not in conflict with the Austin event, but PLEASE, let's not go "there" again!
We don't need the conflict & I can guarantee you that planning and then running one of these is no walk in the park, but to follow "THE BEST TCC MEETING WE HAVE HAD SINCE THE FIRST ONE" with this again is a bit much!
Let's let this idea rest for a while, it's overdone at this point!
My opinion only,but I do speak from experience and have been to all of them so far,
Thanks,
John Russell

ps. I want to thank the organizers in Austin that have spent many, many hours and countless days in making sure this event happens, and to the Houston group (I believe) that came up with the "parking lot nights" idea that really pulled this together. Also, thanks for the incredible "picture pasture" Austin came up with this year....how COOL was that and it is really the absolutely best spot- hands down- since we outgrew the 6th floor parking garage Stretch had for us the first few years.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LS427 Cobra, KC 408 stroker
Not Ranked     

Jay, Steve, Gary, et al - whoever al is.

Must be a kinder gentler bunch of sharks these days

I had read the previous threads a while back it sounded more like no one could find a decent other location so when a friend in Boerne mentioned a lot of groups bigger than ours come there thought I'd offer it for thought. I just heard a few folks at Austin say it might be their last as traffic and construction was getting worse.

I'm up for a fall meet (Houston does one) and football with my kids may conflict for a while.

As in my original post - I really appreciate the hard work the diligent few put out to make an outstanding event. THis years (my first) was super!

PS - Don't let RoundRock Cobra lead - Damon, I got a toll tag ticket in the mail after you said come on follow me - the toll booths aren't open yet!!

Powers that be - Keep up the good work.

Jack
Old 08-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

traffic was much BETTER this year, as that big loop thing and overpass over 35 was done. '06 was tough. this year was ok.
it stays at the Marriott, at least for the time being. Boerne is a thought, for a different cruise;trip. I think there aren't very many places that can accommodate the number or trailers we have- it isn't just about the rooms or the traffic. With 70 Cobra's, and maybe 40+ trailers, that is a concern. And some of us needing more turning room than others!

I wish we could figure out a way to post a STICKY that said "please no more threads about moving the Spring Meet."

IMHO,
kris
Old 08-04-2007, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

How about we all agree that Austin location stays in place for the spring event for good unless the Austin group decides they don't want to do it any longer or they suggest moving it?

Then if others want to create another cruise for some other month in the year........have at it!
Old 08-04-2007, 11:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think that is a great idea Gary.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default Gary, what a SUPERLATIVE idea!

Gary,
What a super solution! This is -to me- a no brainer and I also believe the current persident can be persuaded into calling for a vote at our next meeting in Austin, March 2008 on the topic!
This is the way all Club matters are handled, by vote of the TCC membership present at the meeting!
I like it, and thanks again,
John Russell
Old 08-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Now John, you know that voting never works!
Old 08-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hehehe. no kidding!

we can 'vote' at the Spring meet, where the ballot box won't be filled with uh- foreigners.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 351W, TKO500, Currie 9", 400HP
Not Ranked     

AggieJ, Alright, alright already........I owe you a beer next year. All you were supposed to get was a bill for a dollar.

PS - Don't let RoundRock Cobra lead - Damon, I got a toll tag ticket in the mail after you said come on follow me - the toll booths aren't open yet!!