Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   CVAR May 16th - 18th (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/87527-cvar-may-16th-18th.html)

LuvDaBlues 05-07-2008 11:29 AM

CVAR May 16th - 18th

OK DFW,

Local vintage racing at it's best. Come watch me get my ars kicked. 138 entry's so far, 22 alone in Group 1 Big Bore. Many of these guys will be participating at Mid-America at Tulsa in June.

http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/home.php

Pre '72 Mustangs all over the place, Corvettes, a Lola, a Merlyn Mk6A, a 66 Jaguar XKE, Porsche 911's, and a '67 Blue Camaro that will blow your mind. There is also a '54 Kurtis; looks and sounds like a mini-289 fia Cobra.

Morning warm ups and two races per group each day. A racing schedule is listed on the web site.

Sorry John R & Larry, I didn't make up the XL or XXL T-Shirts. You'll just have to SQUEEZE into a large.

#08 Steve
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...tt_turn_10.jpg
This photo is a VERY rare occasion of me passing someone. (Actually, he had mechanical problems and he stalled for a moment.)

Jim Jacobs 05-08-2008 02:46 PM

FYI - I'm still planning to come on Saturday.:cool:

SSSammy 05-08-2008 07:17 PM

I'm thinkin' about it :)

Looks like I could come on Sat .. might come in my beater .. don't want to get stuck way over there with the Cobra if the weather goes wrong :D

Sam

jdean 05-09-2008 02:28 PM

Sammy,

Is your "beater" your new Corvette? C'mon and drive the Cobra, heck the windshield is already cracked anyways.:LOL:

Unfortunatley I will not be able to make it.....got to go to a graduation.

If I could I would not drive my beater! (unless weatherman gives bad news).

SSSammy 05-09-2008 07:08 PM

Well ...

... if somebody else decides to bring their Cobra. I don't want to make a 120 mi round trip in the Cobra by myself :)

Sam

jdean 05-09-2008 07:37 PM

I think Larry is planning to go.....not sure who else.

LREYBURN 05-10-2008 09:47 AM

At this time I'm planning on going, however I had another surgery on my left foot this last Tuesday, and Jackie's dad is in hospice care...so if it doesn't rain, the creeks don't rise, and my left foot is at 50%...then I'm going up on Saturday.

We could all hook up at the Cracker Barrel around 8:30am at I-35 and 380 in Denton and proceed to ECR.
Who else is in?

JRoss 05-10-2008 09:51 AM

I cant go on Saturday as my son is playing in a soccer tourny. I might go on Sunday, anyone up for Sunday if the weather holds.

John

jshel1 05-10-2008 11:01 AM

Too late for Saturday and can't go Sunday... Mother's Day (aka wife's day), but I wanted to let you guys know, the check is in the mail. Another Milestone !

LREYBURN 05-10-2008 01:58 PM

I thought Sunday May 11th is Mother's Day, or is this part of the "pay-back" for "check's in the mail" for an engine, I presume. JR, Saturday or Sunday, either may work for me. Let's talk later this week.

jdean 05-10-2008 02:14 PM

Hey if Sunday is an option, I might be back in the game! Who all is shooting for Sunday?

SSSammy 05-10-2008 02:56 PM

Ok, Sunday 18th

I can do either Sat or Sun, so if there's a bunch of us for Sunday .. fine by me!

Sam

hey,littlecobra 05-10-2008 03:48 PM

boys. It's not THIS weekend, Mother's Day.....
it's NEXT weekend!!!
can't ya'll read???? :rolleyes:

NEXT saturday and or Sunday. sheeesh!!!!! :D

damdfw 05-10-2008 04:10 PM

Can't make it.

I have a camping trip planned. Congrats John Shelton. Sound like T.I.T. will be back in action soon.

LREYBURN 05-10-2008 04:37 PM

:LOL:All you Mothers out there...Have a wonderful day with your loved ones..."sheeeesh"!!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

jshel1 05-10-2008 04:53 PM

K, I started the can't read dates on this one, and candidly, sometimes I do have trouble seeing spot run.

Larry, with the writing of the check, I think that it will be more than just Mothers DAY...

LuvDaBlues 05-13-2008 10:13 AM

Sunny and high 80's

Looks like a great weekend. As long as the wind doesn't pick up. The blowing dirt is a b!tch.

Weekend schedule:
http://www.corinthianvintagerace.com...hedule2008.doc

The car is ready (I hope), but the clutch is acting up. No time to fix, so I'll run 'till I break. Most cars, if not all, will run on Saturday morning. The attrition starts in the afternoon.

If you are there for lunch time, the track lets visitors drive the track in two parade laps. You get to see what we do at 30% speed. Lot's of fun.

Texas-Saluki 05-13-2008 06:20 PM

so how did the weekend go?

jshel1 05-13-2008 06:42 PM

Chris, I have been informed that it is next weekend (this weekend if you are originally from north of the mason-dixon line).

Carnack say Steve's clutch will go out Saturday afternoon.... sheeesh

Madmiles442 05-13-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvDaBlues (Post 842678)
If you are there for lunch time, the track lets visitors drive the track in two parade laps. You get to see what we do at 30% speed. Lot's of fun.

Clarification, please, oh racer-smelling-like-others'-armpits, the track lets visitors drive the track in OUR cars? Or do you mean laps in your passenger seat?

And may the urine of a thousand camels fill your competitors' gas tanks!