Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Wolfe City Car Show, Oct. 25th (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/92202-wolfe-city-car-show-oct-25th.html)

LuvDaBlues 10-10-2008 09:27 AM

Wolfe City Car Show, Oct. 25th

If anyone is interested, I believe my daughter and I are heading to this.

Any takers?

http://www.cruisinautumncarshow.com/

Madmiles442 10-10-2008 09:43 PM

I am a definite "probably"

LREYBURN 10-13-2008 08:13 PM

Just back from R'NG and also a strong probable. ' got to un-pack and clean up the Coupe. If we go, we'll be there in the am, lunch and then head beck early pm. Hey Luvdablues...put together a plan and post.

Bwana Snake 10-14-2008 05:52 AM

I’m in are we going to caravan from the Dallas area?

Gary

LuvDaBlues 10-14-2008 07:50 AM

Preliminary plans

OK, if you insist Larry. Show starts at 9:00 AM. Plan on arriving at 9:30.

We'll do a nice morning cruise like spring last year.

I leave Heath 7:45 AM
East Dallas Group: Meet 8:15 - 8:20 AM at the BBQ place located at 205 & Highway 78
North of Dallas Group: Meet 8:45 AM corner of Main & McKinney in Farmersville. Look it up on MapQuest!
We'll weave in and out of the fun country roads until Wolfe City. You're on you own going home.

Comments:mad::mad:?

LREYBURN 10-14-2008 08:07 PM

North Dallas Group...Lets meet at the IHOP 1960 No. Central Expy. (380 & 75) around 7:30am if you want breakfast and plan on departing no later than 8:20am to Farmersville.
It's about 20 minutes, and hook up with the East Dallas Group.

Now who is going? Miles, Bwana Snake, Larry & Jackie, ... sign in please. Sssammy, you could lead the pack. :cool:

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...n_2008_002.jpg

LuvDaBlues 10-15-2008 04:25 AM

If Sam takes the lead, does he have to wear his helmet?

SSSammy 10-15-2008 08:02 AM

I'll be the lead if you like .. realize that my Cobra is once again a garage queen. If you guys don't mind following me in a Ssseesix ... :rolleyes:

Sam

LuvDaBlues 10-15-2008 09:38 AM

Hey Sam,

I have a collection of 302 pistons if you wanna try one, or two. I've got all kinds of "left overs" now. Cam shafts, crack shafts, push rods, timing chains................... off to the steel recycle bin.

Madmiles442 10-16-2008 06:12 PM

Sorry, I'm a friggin idiot - The TSA convention is that weekend and I'll be sitting in classes most of Saturday.
I'm out. :(
It's a really good show though with a lot of high quality cars so I recommend it if you can make it!

LuvDaBlues 10-21-2008 06:51 AM

Miles, save time and money. "RedVector" is the word for me this year.

So it looks like Larry & Jackie, Gary, Sam with a 'Vett, me and Sarah. Any other takers?

If you know of any other sports cars, hot rods, vintage, ask them along. If the weather is nice, it's a SUPER show. Relaxing and laid back.

8:45 AM in Farmersville it is.

Bwana Snake 10-21-2008 07:45 AM

Is the north Dallas group still on for 7:30 at the I Hop at 75 & 380? The Lone Star is finished, except for a major cleaning, so the caravan want look like the Lone Star Corvette Club contingency.

Gary

SSSammy 10-21-2008 11:26 AM

McK IHOP

Gary, I will be at the IHOP as Larry suggested, prepared to lead a caravan to meet with the Easterners in Farmersville at the place where Steve said, wherever the hell that is .. :D I will be in a silver C6 Cobra clone with the C6 body kit, minus the red stripes .. :rolleyes:

Sam

Joe Wicked 10-21-2008 01:17 PM

Sam The place Steve said, is in Lavon (where I live). I think we would go north from there and meet up with you guys in Farmersville.

SSSammy 10-21-2008 04:31 PM

Joe, it's in downtown Farmersville .. Steve picked it because it is a parking lot for the old downtown area, see below:

S Main St & McKinney St, Farmersville, TX 75442
Link: <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...01993&t=h&z=19>

Come on over to McK and have breakfast with us if you like!

Sam

LuvDaBlues 10-22-2008 05:45 AM

OK, here's the poop:

Directions from Farmersville to Wolfe City, as descibed by MapQuest.

1: Start out going NORTH on S MAIN ST/ TX-78 BR toward COLLEGE ST. 0.8 mi
2: Turn RIGHT onto FM 2194. 9.8 mi
3: Turn LEFT onto FM 2194/ FM 903. Continue to follow FM 903. 5.0 mi
4: Turn LEFT onto US-69/ US HWY 69. 2.6 mi
5: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto N 1ST ST/ E SWEENEY ST/ FM 272. Continue to follow FM 272. 6.1 mi
6: Turn RIGHT onto FM 816. 5.8 mi
7: Enter Wolfe City, Turn RIGHT onto 34
8: High School south of town on east side of road.

This should be a nice 30 minute cruise.

Any questions???:mad::mad: Any comments???:mad::mad:

Enough said!:cool:

LREYBURN 10-23-2008 10:00 AM

Due to family illness and pending loss, we will not make the Wolf City trip. Please say a prayer for Jackie's Dad.

Joe Wicked 10-23-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSSammy (Post 891126)
Joe, it's in downtown Farmersville .. Steve picked it because it is a parking lot for the old downtown area, see below:

S Main St & McKinney St, Farmersville, TX 75442
Link: <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...01993&t=h&z=19>

Come on over to McK and have breakfast with us if you like!

Sam

Oh, I got it. I didn't look that close. The first meet up place for the east crew is in Lavon at 78 and 205. That is right where I live.

Even though I live right there, I was talking to Gary about riding out with him, so since he said he was meeting up North, I may be meeting up with him in Plano and riding up with him. I still have to give him a call tomorrow to see where we are meeting up.

Joe Wicked 10-23-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LREYBURN (Post 891723)
Due to family illness and pending loss, we will not make the Wolf City trip. Please say a prayer for Jackie's Dad.

I am sorry to hear this. Take care of business, we will see you next time.

jshel1 10-23-2008 05:07 PM

Sorry to hear about your father, Jackie. Please accept Vicki's and my well wishes during this time. We will keep you in our prayers.