Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Is this the same Hurricane Motorsports? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/95213-same-hurricane-motorsports.html)

LuvDaBlues 03-05-2009 05:53 AM

Is this the same Hurricane Motorsports?

Read this article this morning in the Dallas Morning News:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...i.26ae9bf.html

Criminals everywhere.............

Gregg(What's his name)? 03-05-2009 06:03 AM

Yep

Caught with his hands in the cookie jar. This is more like theft than a ponzi sceme.

Gregg H

jwd 03-05-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvDaBlues (Post 926806)
Read this article this morning in the Dallas Morning News:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...i.26ae9bf.html

Criminals everywhere.............

Unfortunately, it looks like the people that bought Hurricane had no intention of building any more cars. Just a bunch of crooks. I hope they both spend time in jail.:mad:

392cobra 03-05-2009 06:43 AM

Looks like Big Jay was lucky that he wasn't hired to run the company.

I now see why they didn't want Jay involved.

fastraxsg 03-05-2009 06:58 AM

If (?) found guilty, maybe a little of that Middle East justice of cutting a hand off for stealing would be in order.....hard times and some jerk wants to take retirement funds away from old folks...

mrmustang 03-05-2009 07:09 AM

What is it with replica manufacturers and the state of Texas. Some time in the not so distant past didn't another replica manufacturer get caught with it's pants down and fold up shop after scamming their customers of 10M+++

Bill S.

jdean 03-05-2009 07:41 AM

What kind of "racing career" are they talking about?

Gregg(What's his name)? 03-05-2009 08:26 AM

Jay was right

Look like Jay was right when he stated on the forum he wanted nothing to do with these folks. I also remember all the rash of sh!t people gave him for posting what he did. Looks like those folks are eating alot of crow right now. Integrity wins out again.

Gregg H

4RE KLR 03-05-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregg(What's his name)? (Post 926846)
Look like Jay was right when he stated on the forum he wanted nothing to do with these folks. I also remember all the rash of sh!t people gave him for posting what he did. Looks like those folks are eating alot of crow right now. Integrity wins out again.

Gregg H

And now we know the rest of the story!

It just took a little time for the troubles to be made public.

Hmm, I wonder if Crow is any better with a little salt and pepper?

Damn good call, Jay.

Cashburn 03-05-2009 10:04 AM

Another black cloud for the replica industry... it is getting hard to catch a tan at this rate. Sorry for the victims and also very sorry for all the Hurricane owners and/or current builders. This will only tie up the jigs/molds/etc. for eternity.

Gregg(What's his name)? 03-05-2009 10:20 AM

JIgs/Molds

Boy it would be nice to get those jigs and the molds. Too bad they will proabably be sold in an action to help pay off their debt.

Gregg H

MFE III 03-05-2009 10:34 AM

A sad ending to a difficult road. Hurricane Motorsports founders, Mike Arps and Rich Burroughs, built a fine company based on integrity, good customer service/owner relations and a replica kit that most will agree is/was among the best in the industry.
Then these morons take over and couldn't get it together to produce even one kit, let alone actually running the company! They wouldn't return calls (during the short bouts when the phones weren't disconnected) and stiffed owners for promised work. They didn't even sign into the Owners Forum (which Arps and Burroughs have been operating all along) since they bought the company over a year ago.

Add to this that they are Madoff wannabe's swindling people's life savings . . . I hope these morons lose everything and do serious time!

All us HM owners can hope for is that someone (like Jay Nordstrom . . hint, hint) picks up the company from the court reciever and continues it. Unfortunately, I doubt that will happpen in this economy:CRY:

Clois Harlan 03-05-2009 10:42 AM

There were some folks out there that were pretty tough on my friend Jay. I think you might realize now that Jay's integrity could handle the criticisim and he never tossed back a stone.

Someone told me one time that you can't fix Stupid or the crack of dawn and these guys were pretty stupid. I am sorry anyone caught up in there dealings.

Clois

jshel1 03-05-2009 06:29 PM

Like I said...

If I got any more customer service from the Chris and Ray, I would go broke. Man, to think I had those guys in my house.

Eating crow? Maybe... but more likely hard time for the Whites and a nightly replay of the line from Deliverance, "... boy you sure got a pretty mouth.":eek:

Karma!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gregg(What's his name)? 03-05-2009 06:47 PM

John its the company you keep

John,

I may have to quit hanging around you because bring in the riffraff. :D

Gregg H

jshel1 03-05-2009 07:06 PM

riff raff WAS my nick name in college. I did my best to shake it, but alas...

"and that's the rest of the story, good day." RIP Paul Harvey

Michael P. Wole 03-05-2009 07:27 PM

Boy is this interesting...last June I was enroute to meet with Mike Arps to look at the equipment and jigs(had a bank letter for the purchase with me). Got a phone call at about 4:00pm Friday afternoon from Mike that he had a letter of intent and a deposit on the biz. That would have been Jay. At the London Show later that month Jay announced his company had purchased Hurrricane. and now you know the rest of the story.
All things happen for a reason and hopefully good things follow.

jayscobras 03-05-2009 08:34 PM

this post needs to be replied to

At no time did I ever say that MY company had bought Hurricane. I did in fact negotiate the sale for the White's. I also have lost money there BUT I kept my word to ALL involved and more.

You still want to buy Hurrane call me!!!! I have been working with the powers that have it for weeks.

Jay

cobra girl 5 03-05-2009 10:26 PM

We loved building the Hurricanes during the past several years. Compared to the Factory Five, B & B or Backdraft that we've had in our shop, the Hurricane was the most period correct, nicest handling and best value. I'm sad to learn that Hurricane went down with those scumbags. I held back one of our kits just in case no one ever purchased Hurricane. Some of you know that I wanted to produce this kit but the price that Mike and Rich were asking just didn't pencil out. Once I started listening to the B.S. from Chris that they were close to releasing the new kits, I decided to build out my last Hurricane. With the painted body ready to go on...I now wonder if I should even sell it. This might be the last Hurricane. I think Shelby would sue Hurricane for taking the mold from one of his Cobras if they did start to produce the kits again. And Jay if you read this, shoot me an e-mail to ExoticReCreations@msn.com and maybe we can work something out to save this kit under a different name.

Bill Bess 03-06-2009 05:52 AM

Go Bonnie! Keep punchin away at this thing...maybe you will be the big winner down the road.

Anyway, I appreciate your enthusiasm and the will to build a really solid little car.
Best Wishes, Bill