Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Tulsa Fri 6/26 Cookout Signup (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/97735-tulsa-fri-6-26-cookout-signup.html)

SSSammy 06-19-2009 07:19 AM

Tulsa Fri 6/26 Cookout Signup

Pls use this separate thread so it won't get buried ...

We usually have a cookout in the Texas Corner on the Fri of Mid-America. I brought the grill and cooked the last two years, and others provided sausage, dogs, buns, etc. So people can begin getting their assignments, let's post what we plan to bring. I am guessing attendance at about 30 :confused: Fyi, I am not collecting money for a grocery store run :p If someone else wants to do that, jump in :)

Grill/Charcoal - Sam
Sausages/Buns - Gary M., Jody
Hotdogs/Buns - Jacobs
Salad/Slaw/Jello, etc. - Jody, Mary H.
Relish Tray - Sharon
Cheese Tray - Jennings
Chips and Salsa/Dip - jdean
Cookies/Brownies, etc. - Reyburn, ...
Condiments - Murrell
Plates, Plasticware, Cups, Napkins - Brad
Trashbags - Jody
Folding Tables (2) - Jacobs (1), Murrell (1)
Margarita Machine - Wendell/Lynn
Extra Tequila/Triple Sec/MMix - Jennings, WildBill, Jody
Extra Small Generator for the MMachine -
Shelter 10x10 - Jody, WildBill
(add your own preferences)

I would say bring your own cold beverages and extra to share as you prefer.

Sam

Jim Jacobs 06-19-2009 09:13 AM

John Dean and I will be driving up Friday morning. I can bring a card table and four chairs. I'll also be glad to get some dogs and buns....how many? How about power cords, fans, lights?? Will there be power?

I'll driving my truck and can haul anything else someone needs me to bring but be advised that we'll be leaving Saturday night.

Jim

SSSammy 06-19-2009 11:56 AM

Thanks, Gym! I'm guessing we might feed about 30 heads, don't know. Gary M. is bringing hot links to grill, so some dogs and/or brats for those who can't handle spicy things would be good. Couple or three packages and equivalent buns? But we ended up with a lot of meat left over last year, so don't overdo it.

No power out there, but the lot is lit, so we don't need lights. Generators are too noisy unless we need power for tools to fix a car :rolleyes:

If anyone has canopies, those are good. Sometimes we get rain!

Beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, or any cold side dishes would be nice. That could be picked up at a grocery store at the last minute.

Sam

flyboy1997 06-19-2009 02:57 PM

Put Wendell / Lynn down for A Margarita Machine Thurs & Fri Nites included cups,straws,salt tray,mix, & table. Might could use some help with the Triple Sec & Tequila depending on thirst levels! I am bringing my quite honda gen ( it runs the AC in trailer not positive on machine so a backup gen might be nice?

SSSammy 06-19-2009 05:19 PM

Whoo hoo! Got it down, Wendell!

Sam

Jay Jennings 06-20-2009 04:17 PM

Cindy will pick up cheese and meet tray and I will help with a round of margaritas.

SSSammy 06-20-2009 04:20 PM

Got you down, Jay!

Sam

WildBill3 06-21-2009 07:38 AM

I think we have some strawberry margarita mix also we can contribute

SSSammy 06-21-2009 10:03 AM

Thanks, Bill! We're looking forward to seeing you and Mary again :)

Sam

Road Rocket 06-21-2009 06:52 PM

Hi From OKC. My wife Francie and I would like to attend as well, we'll bring a folding table, condiments, and a couple of chairs. We will help with any expenses as well.

Max & Francie Murrell

SSSammy 06-21-2009 08:03 PM

That's great, Max! I put you on the list. We're looking forward to meeting you :)

Sam

Clois Harlan 06-22-2009 05:52 AM

Sammy,

Sharon said she would bring a relish tray and we are going to Reserve the Texas Corner for all the Dudes from Texas! :)

Roush #1 06-22-2009 08:05 AM

Sam,

Nancy and I will be arriving Thursday afternoon and will bring a 10' x 10' shelter (the one we set up last year so you could cook in the rain), a couple of lawn chairs, a dozen Johnsonville Brats and buns, home made "white" potato salad, trash bags, tequilla and triple sec for the margaritas and a big fan per Wendell and Lynn's request.

I will catch up with you after we arrive and will be glad to assist on the grocery run.

Jody and Nancy

SSSammy 06-22-2009 08:44 AM

Ok, we're getting there .. got the list updated for Clois and Jody.

thanks folks,
Sam

JRoss 06-22-2009 02:37 PM

Ok, I just got the approval for the time off of work. I'm in. Getting in before lunch on Thursday. I am so far behind I will be doing good just to get there. Probably wont bring anything but I will make an alcohol run for the Margaritas. For the last 4 years I have made the grocery run so I guess I'll never get out of that job. Looks like Jody has volunteered as well so we will go get whatever is missing.

John

WildBill3 06-22-2009 05:59 PM

We also have an easyup thats always with us just in case ;-)can we bring the atv to get around the pits or run for fuel?Mary said put her down for some homemade potato salad mmmmmmyummmmy..

SSSammy 06-22-2009 06:44 PM

Much appreciated, Bill! I'll put Mary down for the potato salad .. whoooo!

Sam

LuvDaBlues 06-23-2009 05:34 AM

Waaaaaaa......:(

Having a good time in SF, but would rather be with my buddies this week...
Especially with both Mustang and SPF running well.

gsharapa 06-24-2009 08:38 PM

Sammy,

Coming up Thursday and just bringing beverages but I'd be happy to run with John Ross and pick-up more food we may need or margarita mix, audit beverages etc.:cool:

Madmiles442 06-26-2009 11:17 AM

Double WAAAaaaa!!!
Sitting here watching the tailpipes heading north. :mad:
2010 better be a better year!