Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Tires and Wheels (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tires-wheels/)
-   -   New Magnesium Wheels (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tires-wheels/132335-new-magnesium-wheels.html)

Fred2 01-29-2015 07:52 AM

New Magnesium Wheels

1 Attachment(s)
I'm hoping this information would be of interest to the Cobra community.

We are able to offer cast magnesium wheels and bespoke components for racing and collector cars. These are brand new components, and manufactured in Italy to current quality levels.
Please feel free to let us know what we can do to help you.

New wheels are almost ready for the Shelby Cobra
6.5” /8.5” x15” as the original, plus special size 7.5”x15”.
Customers can choose both the finish and the offset!

ACademic 01-29-2015 09:03 AM

Schwwiiiiiing!

rodneym 01-29-2015 09:20 AM

Magnesium wheels made in Italy?!?!?!?

As if $6k wasn't enough for an American repop.

Mark IV 01-29-2015 09:28 AM

Some contact information might be helpful!

RodKnock 01-29-2015 09:31 AM

First question.

Only the FIA wheels or will there be Sunbursts and Halibrand type wheels offered as well?

Second question. How about ALOT more information on your company, including but not limited to, website, customer referrals, ordering time, warranty, etc.?

rodneym 01-29-2015 09:38 AM

Marvic in Italy makes vintage magnesium wheels. Could be them (?).

RodKnock 01-29-2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1337413)

I've never heard of them, but that means absolutely nothing.

Tough to know if I'm interested, if there's no information, especially if they'll clear Wilwood brakes and what the heck the price might be. :rolleyes:

Fred2 01-29-2015 11:07 AM

Yes they are Marvic wheels.
Vintage Cars | Marvic

While I do not have final pricing, the motorcycle wheels start at about 1000 per wheel. Luckily the Dollar is strong now, so that may work in our favor.

They are designed to be faithful reproductions of the stock wheels.

I will be getting a drawing of the wheels, for those interested in the dimensions.

Fred2 01-29-2015 01:35 PM

The wheels are indeed made by marvic

You can see more about the company here.
Marvic | Marvic Wheels

I am working to answer the rest of the questions posted

Thanks for the interest.

Fred2 01-30-2015 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1337413)

That's them

Fred2 01-30-2015 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1337415)
I've never heard of them, but that means absolutely nothing.

Tough to know if I'm interested, if there's no information, especially if they'll clear Wilwood brakes and what the heck the price might be. :rolleyes:

I have a pdf of the wheel if you are interested

Fred2 01-30-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1337411)
First question.

Only the FIA wheels or will there be Sunbursts and Halibrand type wheels offered as well?

Second question. How about ALOT more information on your company, including but not limited to, website, customer referrals, ordering time, warranty, etc.?

I tried to include links, but they did not seem to work.

Just the wheel shown at this moment. Additional styles could be accommodated based on demand.

If you are interested in me, you can Google Yoyodyne.
We have been supplying motorcycle racing components for about 20 years.

joyridin' 01-30-2015 10:24 AM

Welcome to Yoyodyne Software Systems

1985 CCX 01-30-2015 10:44 AM

I would be interested in these as well....

Might be worth advertising $ as that may separate the men from the boys.
In the past $5000-$6000 a set has changed interest levels in a tremendous way.

My interest is there but not at >$5000

Fred2 01-30-2015 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1337554)
I would be interested in these as well....

Might be worth advertising $ as that may separate the men from the boys.
In the past $5000-$6000 a set has changed interest levels in a tremendous way.

My interest is there but not at >$5000

Four motorcycle mag wheels run at about $5000 (2440 per pair)
I am thinking the cobra wheels are going to be a little bit more.

RodKnock 01-30-2015 11:17 AM

Fran Kress was attempting to reproduce the Halibrand-style mag wheels not too long ago for $6,000/set of 4. Not sure, if he ever got this enterprise off the ground or not.

PhotoPost Classifieds - NEW Cobra 427 SC Magnesium Wheels - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

The FIA wheels don't appeal to me as much as the Halibrand-style mags.

Mark IV 01-30-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1337558)
Fran Kress was attempting to reproduce the Halibrand-style mag wheels not too long ago for $6,000/set of 4. Not sure, if he ever got this enterprise off the ground or not.

Yes. He did.

CompClassics 01-30-2015 12:18 PM

Fran was producing the FIA wheels in magnesium.
On another note, I wonder if these wheels will incorporate all of the detail of the original wheels? IMO the price of the wheel should be based on the effort gone into how accurately it is being reproduced, more detail should equal more money. A Trigo cast in magnesium should be marginally higher in price than the alloy version, the difference in the material itself. For some reason the people that have done reproductions of the wheels in magnesium think that they can charge huge money just because the wheel is re-popped in magnesium.

cycleguy55 01-30-2015 12:20 PM

That's what I need - a set of lightweight wheels that will burn. I think I'll pass.

patrickt 01-30-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark IV (Post 1337566)
Yes. He did.

Did anybody from this forum actually buy any from him? We keep whooping up threads on this subject but it doesn't seem like anybody will actually reach in to their pockets and write a check for the wheels.%/